DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Dark Followers Break Into Aviforma's Trial
Feature

Written by Sunnya
Last Sunday the 16th, the trial of Aviforma was held in the Ministry of Magicians courtroom. It was cut short due to a break-in by the Dark Followers Justin, Joel Crestello and Noah Pendragon. The Dark Followers had broken through the walls of the courtroom and made their way down to the center. They then proceeded to present a speech to all those in attendance and then escaped with Aviforma.

Here is the speech transcribed by Daily Diviner reporters at the trial:
To all trial attendees, today you have all come to witness the trial of Aviforma. A trial to determine if he is guilty of assassinating the now dead Chief Aurorlock, Lauren Strudel. However, you have been lied to! The Ministry of Magicians has lied to all of you. The votes you have all just partaken in were rigged, there is no way the Ministry will let Aviforma leave this room free. Your voice will not matter today, your views on the situation are unimportant. That is correct! Aviforma, you would have never had a chance, would you believe it? You see, the Ministry doesn’t care what the wizarding community thinks, they want to push their own agenda. It is clear to us all: the Ministry of Magicians is corrupt. They’re too afraid to admit it, we bet that Lauren’s death did not even move them!​
Instead, they falsely incriminate innocent people with opinions differing from theirs in order to silence their opposition. How would you feel if you were sentenced to life in the Dark Prison due to a horrible act you weren’t even involved in? That’s right, living the rest of your days in the Dark Prison, rotting away in that devilish hellhole. Spending your final hours in spite of the Ministry of Magicians, ready to be consumed by death. Death is all the Ministry of Magicians will bring. Only more suffering and death. Instead of facing their responsibilities, they hide themselves behind the law! I am confident that many Ministry officials think they are above the law, with power above us all.​
But let me tell you, that ends today! No longer will we be protected by fools, by ones that falsely blame those below them. Today is the dawn of a new revolution! This is why we came here today. We want to give you a choice. A choice to seek redemption in our alliance. The Dark Followers will accept any of you, as long as you prove yourself trustworthy. This offer will stand, it is up to you if you accept or not. Alas, we would like to apologize for our sudden interruption.​
But in this world we need order and it is clear that the Ministry of Magicians is not fit for that position. We, the Dark Followers, must step up and reform the wizarding community, the way it should be. Now, we shall leave. You may follow us out… but you may also stay. The choice to join us or follow the Ministry’s corrupt rule is yours. Choose wisely. Remember, we follow what is right… It’s up to you whether or not you are on the correct side when the revolution comes to pass...​
For the Dark Followers!​

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Uprising in Underland
Editorial

Written by ShaneChi
Edited by Sunnya

This Valentine’s Day Season, the students of Hogsworth were invited to join in the holiday festivities of Underland! However, these were marred by the sudden outlawing of Valentine’s Day by the order of the malicious Queen of Hearts! Students then participated in Underland’s resistance movement to defeat the queen and restore Valentine’s Day! To defeat her, students had to trade materials in exchange for special items from the citizens of Underland. These items could be used to forge a love staff, the powerful relic necessary to counter the magic of the Queen of Hearts. However, what else was there to do for students this February?

As we fought to restore Valentine’s Day, what else were students doing throughout the festivities? Several other activities were created to fill our time with. Several parkours and droppers were used as a means for students to obtain event tokens, including the famous Amor Vita parkour, which returned from previous Valentine’s Day celebrations. The event tokens earned from these games could be used to purchase several Valentine’s Day themed rewards at the Underland marketplace. Students were also challenged to locate 100 of Cupid’s hearts hidden throughout Hogsworth. Those who succeeded would obtain the bow of Cupid himself! With all of these activities, our community’s Valentine’s Day celebration must have been a massive success! That, my dear readers, is the question.

Overall, I was a big fan of the Valentine’s Day event this year. I greatly enjoyed the amount of content for players to try, and I especially liked that the main objective was not mandatory to enjoy the event. Furthermore, I have a large amount of appreciation for the effort that was put into the story. If such storyline effort was replicated in the future, or if the story of the event was fleshed out again in the future, I can see even more amazing events to come! In the opinion of this writer, our world’s Valentine’s Day celebration was very well done, and I look forward to seeing more in the future. The Daily Diviner appreciates its readers for staying informed, and reminds them to keep reading and stay curious!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Tips and Tricks to Mastering Parkour
Games & Sports

Written by AriaChi
Edited by Sunnya

Hello everyone and welcome back to another Games and Sports article! A lot of you struggle with parkour, from missing jumps to finding the right platform. However, today we’ll be helping you to improve your parkour skills with fantastic tips and tricks!

To those who are new to the server, you may be wondering, what exactly is parkour? Parkour is a game you can play in the Elevators in the Department of Leisure and Games. There are multiple different maps on different difficulties. They help you to choose which level you are. Learning how to get good at parkour will not only mean you can have fun with a lucrative game but also will come in great use. Parkours are frequently used in events and you need to complete them in itself to get the rewards.

MattyAvery, who is very skilled at parkour, gives us his advice.
“First of all, if you want to practice, I recommend doing smaller parkour. This can be creating a few steps on your housing or finding somewhere else. However, you might find it easier in the elevators. One of the most useful tips for me is using the A and D keys to swerve/slow yourself down in midair in case you’re going too fast. I also suggest doing something that helps you relax as long as you don’t stress out, especially falling on the one jump repeatedly. Other ways to not stress yourself out include listening to music or talking to someone, whatever makes you calm and happy. If you don’t see where you’re going wrong on a jump, you can get other people to look at a certain angle to see if you’re too fast, too slow, off-balanced and that sort. I personally like to set my FOV to 100 but it really comes down to you and what you prefer. But of course, the best way to get better is to practice and practice!”

There were some very lovely tips and tricks I wouldn’t have thought have! Did you find these helpful? Are you going to try them or have you already? We hope they help you improve faster than normal!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Which Magical Creature are you Based on Your Favorite Snack?
Lifestyle

Written by Carolllyn
Edited by MorganChi

Hello witches and wizards! Welcome to another one of my lifestyle articles, specifically, a quiz. But, not just any quiz. This just might very well be the most challenging quiz you have ever taken. One of the hardest choices for us magical people to make is to pick what snack we would like to enjoy on the train to Hogsworth. There are so many options on the snack cart! I’ve taken the liberty of compiling my four favorite magical snacks for my readers to choose from (when I narrow it down, whatever is left are obviously the best choices). And, what’s more, once you do choose one of these tasty treats, I will determine the magical creature (again, my favorites) that perfectly aligns with your being. With that, keep reading to finally get the most-asked question in this universe answered once and for all: Which magical creature are you based on your favorite snack?

Bellie’s Multi-Flavored Jellies ---> Centaur
In a pack of these jellies, there are the good and not-so-good flavors waiting to be enjoyed, the same way a centaur has two sides to it as well. That’s why, if you love the contrasting flavors of Bellie’s Multi-Flavored Jellies, you are definitely a double-sided centaur.

Choco Hop Frogs ---> Vampire
With the movement of veganism and saving animals, vampires are no exception. They have graduated from dining on humans, to animals, and now to chocolate (because tofu is just not interesting enough). If you love Choco Hop Frogs, then you must be very well versed in what it's like to enjoy a good meat alternative, just as vampires are learning to do.

Twisty Snacks ---> Werewolf
Twisty snacks take a certain advanced and particular palette to thoroughly savor. Not everyone can handle the black-licoricey yumminess. You can. Werewolves lead a complex and demanding lifestyle when the moon practically forces them out of hiding, so it also takes someone special to take on the challenge. A Twisty-Snack-eater and a werewolf have their similarities.

Drooble's Dapper Chewing Gum ---> Mermaid
Tiny pieces of chewing gum happen to come in many, many flavors, which means many, many colors too. What looks like tiny colorful pieces of chewing gum? Obviously mermaid scales! This is pretty much self-explanatory: if you adore Drooble’s Dapper Chewing Gum, then your scales would be adored by many if you were a magical creature.

Well… accurate right? I had to go with the Choco Hop Frogs, which means I’m a vampire (mwahaha). I can never resist any kind of chocolate plus a magical trading card! What did you choose? Let me know by sending me a book via the owlery, I would love to hear your results. Thank you lovely readers for reading my article. I hope you tune in next time. This was Carolyn Lestrange reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To Good...
Original Works

Written by kvmw
Edited by MorganChi

SOMETIMES, HOW QUICKLY someone’s day can change is astounding. For Ariadne (or as she liked to be called, Ari), that could be very quickly.

Today was one of those days. Ari had received a mediocre grade on her Charms homework, got yelled at by the Transfiguration teacher, but also made up with her best friend and earned twenty House points.

When she notices the corner of a piece of parchment peeking out from under her bed, nothing about it seems very special. Perhaps one of her assignments had fallen from her bed, or perhaps a letter she forgot to read.

What she doesn’t expect is a blank sheet of parchment. Bemused, she pulls her wand out, and begins to tap, muttering various incantations under her breath.

Nothing happens, but Ari doesn’t believe in coincidence. There must be some reason why this parchment, folded rather like a map, is sitting under her bed.

Map. Ari’s brain starts whirring.

“I solemnly swear I am up to no good…” Ink spreads on the once-blank parchment to reveal a certain familiar castle.

Ari plopped down next to her best friend, Jordan, and had only begun shoving Cornish pasties in her mouth when he said, “Have you heard? About the Nifflers?”

“Nifflys?” she asked, her voice slightly muffled as she hurriedly swallowed.

“Yeah,” Jordan said. “Nifflys were let loose in all of the common rooms except ours. Everyone’s real mad at us Honeybadgers, but no one will admit to doing it.”

“Who do you think did it?” Jordan shrugged and continued with his breakfast. Meanwhile, a plan was swirling in Ari’s head—she had something that could track every student in Hogwarts. What if…

That night, Ari sat in her common room, waiting for students to move out of bed. She could see Prefects wandering the halls, but she highly doubted they were the culprit—she knew most of the Prefects, and none of them seemed like pranksters.

She nearly fell asleep when she noticed three names moving out of place: Hannah Leahy, Felix Lemons, and Joseph Harding. She watched as the students, each coming from a different house, met up near where she knew the Room of Necessity was.

She watched them—expectedly—disappear. That was her chance. Ari fumbled out of the Honeybadger common room, and using the map, evaded Fletcher, Mrs. Mildred, and all the Prefects and Professors that wandered the hallways.

She arrived at the stone wall, panting, hiding herself behind an armor stand. A few minutes later, a voice whispered—“The coast is clear, right?”

Ari watched as the three students filed from a door that now replaced the once-stone wall. They seemed rather young—maybe only fourth or fifth years. They were each holding two cages, filled with bright colored birds that seemed to have Silencing charms placed on them.

“Fweepers,” Ari mumbled.

“Okay, we set them free and then we run,” said one of the boys in a hushed tone.

Ari decided that at this point, she should probably do something. “Hey!”

The three students froze. “Look, I don’t want to have to turn you in, but you can’t let those Fweepers free! Fweepers drive people insane, in case you weren’t aware.”

One of the boys, the youngest-looking one, shyly speaks. “So...you won’t turn us in?”

“I promise I won’t,” Ari says. “You’re what, a third-year? Fourth-year? I don’t think you deserve to be expelled. You’re probably just caught up with the wrong people.” She side-glares at the older girl, who looks stiffly down at the floor.

“They’re not even real.” The other boy sniffs. “They’re just transfigured wrens. Really, calm down. It’s just a harmless prank.”

“You’re scaring people.” Ari frowns. “That isn’t very nice. I assume the Nifflys are also yours?”

“Hers, actually.” He jerks a thumb to the girl. “She’s the talented one here. But it was too bad for her, I helped her on her last homework assignment so she’s stuck helping me.” The boy grinned. “It’s a little payback for my sister—you know her, you’re on the team. Izzy Harding? She makes Honeybadgers seem like the best house, and slaps me every time I call them—”

“Don’t finish that,” Ari warned. “Just transfigure them back, and you won’t get in trouble.”

“I’ll do it.” The girl’s voice was small but firm. “Look, Joseph. I don’t want to get expelled. A late assignment won’t get me expelled.” She points at the “Fweepers,” mutters an incantation, and watches as the bright pink and yellow birds become dust-colored wrens.

“I’ll get the Nifflys later,” the girl promises.

The three students walk away—Joseph sulking, the other two relieved. Ari smiles to herself and goes back to the common room.

Once she is back in bed, she points at the map.

“Mischief managed,” she murmurs, and with a smile on her face, goes to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.