DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Original Works

May the 4th Strikes Back!
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello dear readers, and welcome to the sixtieth issue of the Daily Diviner. As April comes to a close, May approaches. With it comes the classic May the 4th event! This traditional event is one of my favourites, featuring a yearly return to a galaxy far, far away. What will we see during this visit to the stars? Gather your Plasma Blades and your space ships, because it is time to get a sneak-peek at the May the 4th event! Along for the ride is Tekno, a Magiventologist Advisor, who has given us an inside look into the event.

Last year's May the 4th event featured only one main quest but plenty of side content. Previous events have also proven to be smaller, and this begs the question: how will this event compare in size and content?

We have had many hands on deck to create more content that differs from past May The Fourth Events which were very minigame-focused. This time around, we still intend to keep that core concept within this upcoming event but rather with the twist of tying in and incorporating the same familiar content from other events the community already enjoys, such as quests, activities, and especially rewards!

It would seem as if this event will be focused on quests and activities, potentially similar to last year’s May the 4th which featured Plasma Blade building and crystal hunting.

As for new features, Plasma Blade building will be making its triumphant return, and the Magiventologists are hard at work! As Tekno says:

The previous May The Fourth Event was the initial stepping stone for our Plasma Blade Crafting System, it was the first time we've ever done anything like it and since then we as a team have grown and learned for the better of the gameplay experience. The community should expect an updated Plasma Blade System…

I can’t wait to see what they have planned. Last year, players were able to travel to the crystal mines on Illius to find the core of their Plasma Blades. Hilts were crafted and combined with crystals to make the blades. This year, we may see more changes to that system or even the addition of another building station.

Another much-anticipated feature making its return to this event is minigames! Minigames from the past have ranged from the classic Domination to Payload, and both will be making a return. Tekno describes:

The famously well-known Starbattle minigames will once again make their grand appearance at the event! The Engineer team has been hard at work to ensure these game modes maintain their enjoyable and addicting gameplay whilst keeping it a balanced experience for all players.

It’s good to know that the Engineer team is at its best as always! On the other side of Potterworld, what is the Build team up to? Will we see any new maps? The galaxy is a wide place, after all. While Tekno can neither confirm nor deny this, old maps are assuredly being brought back for everyone to enjoy.

With these minigames also comes competition, and one of the most competitive times in Potterworld is when Star Racing Tournaments come around! Star Racing is yet another beloved part of the May the 4th event. Driving speeders in a high-speed race through unique and old maps alike is a special feeling, and participating in the tournaments is even better. Tekno can shed more clarity on the matter:

Both the Arena and Engineer Teams have been very hard at work at creating a new Challenge and Tournament that will be released around the same time as the May The Fourth Event, you don't want to miss out on this experience so be sure to join the Arena Discord for updates!

Be sure to participate in the Challenges and Tournaments on the way, and keep an eye on the Arena Discord! Practicing Star Racing as soon as possible is highly encouraged for the best advantages during the upcoming tournaments.

Finally, the most unique and fun aspect of past May the 4th events is rewards, and this year is no exception.

Oh man, do we have a list of rewards in store for everyone. During this May The Fourth Event, players will be able to collect classic event rewards with the addition of previous May The Fourth comebacks, new cosmetics, and potentially unexpected rewards we're too excited to share with you - you'll have to play through the event to find out!

I, for one, am incredibly excited to see (and collect) these rewards. Everything we know about this event so far points to an exciting and addictive player experience. From new features to our favourite minigames, this event is shaping up to be one of the best of the year (and that’s saying something)!

I would like to thank Tekno for his time and insight— which this article would not be possible without. I hope you all are as excited as I am for a space-themed journey full of galaxy-wide quests, minigames, and rewards. Keep a close eye out for the release of this event, and make sure to play it as soon as it comes out. Happy May the 4th!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Keeping Up With the Build Team
Editorial
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! As many of you are already aware, the builds on Potterworld make up a huge part of the magical aura on the server. We have the Build Team to thank for these fantastic builds. And with build applications open at the moment, now is the perfect time to highlight the Build Team and its wonderful members.

The Build Team has created many gorgeous builds, many of which have been highlighted in the Potterworld Art Discord Server. Among these is the Houses for Gnomes Scenery, a housing scenery build by XCharlotte, laurenlol, Etgar_ and Forbidden Places. This housing contains small hillside gnome homes, throughout the hilly landscape. From purple mushrooms to a small pond, no details were overlooked in this scenery!

While it's one thing for me to tell you about the build team, it's always great to get an inside opinion. I recently sat down and interviewed Sr. Builder, Lbby, about her time on the Build Team.

What are your favorite aspects of being on the Build Team and why are these aspects your favorite?
Lbby: One of my favorite aspects of the build team includes the creative opportunities. Depending on the time of year, the build team receives a wide range of requests in terms of theme, size, and items needed (buildings, interior, organics, terrain, etc). With those requests, build members get to choose which builds they’d like to sign up for based on their strengths. Additionally, the members of the team are all so wonderful. The more projects you work on, the more people you get to meet. There is no shortage of people asking for advice, opinions, or help followed by someone or many people jumping in to save the day. Not only are the build team members so kind and supportive of each other, but the build leadership is immaculate. Emma, Shira, and Belle are some of the sweetest people I know, and the build team wouldn’t be what it is today without them.

What originally persuaded you to apply to be a builder here on Potterworld?
Lbby: I was definitely hesitant to apply at first, but a dear friend of mine knew what I was capable of just based on my housing plot on Potterworld, thus why she persuaded me to apply for the build team when the build apps were open at the end of summer last year. I realized that there was no harm in trying, so I put together a portfolio, wrote out my answers for the written portion of the application, and patiently waited for a response after I submitted it. All I know is that applying for the build team was the best decision I could have made.

What’s your favorite build you’ve made, and why is it your favorite?
Lbby: This may sound cliché, but I think my favorite build I’ve made was my very first build project: the Ireland melting floor map. I got to build this with the wonderful and talented Fleurtje, and it was also her first project since we were hired at the same time. Don’t get me wrong, I have built things that are bigger, more detailed, and more exciting, but there’s just something special about creating a build with someone for the first time followed by witnessing players see it for the first time.

What’s some advice you would give players looking to get into building?
Lbby: Building isn’t just about how well you can build a building. To be quite honest, buildings and structures are one of my biggest weaknesses. My point is that there is so much more to building than meets the eye. Maybe you’re a fantastic terrain builder and you just don’t know it yet because you haven’t had the opportunity to use helpful terrain-making plugins and tools. Maybe you’re an outstanding organic builder, but you haven’t tested the waters yet to know if you’re good at it. Maybe you’re an immaculate structure builder and you just haven’t had the right opportunities to try and build a giant castle or mansion of sorts. My advice is to just try and don’t put high expectations on yourself. Talent comes in all shapes and sizes. Don’t let your talent stay in the shadows just because you may not think you’re “good enough”. Anyone who puts in the time to become better at building can do it! You’ve got this.

Are there any final comments you would like to leave for readers?
Lbby: As a final note, of course I encourage you, the readers, to apply for build. If you’re hesitant because you don’t have a portfolio, just make one! Make a creative world and just start building! That’s what I did for my application. I didn’t have many builds to present, so I made some and you can too! Furthermore, if you make it to the build test round of applications, just show off what you’re best at. No one expects perfection, we just want to see what you’re capable of. More often than not, you are your own worst critic. Trust in your abilities.

With that, my interview is concluded. Overall, the Potterworld build team is a fabulous environment and group of people. I encourage those of you among the community who like to build, to give the Build Team a shot and apply while applications are open! Thank you for stopping by the Daily Diviner Editorial column, and have a beautiful start to your week.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

And We're Off to the Races!
Editorial
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by maddinq

Hello, lovely readers! This year, the Arena Team started off with a banger Season 1. So far, Season 2 has been just as exciting with more things to come! In this article, I will be reviewing Season 1 and teasing what may come in Season 2!

This year we began Season 1 with the Sledding seasonal challenge! There were a total of five new map releases: Cave, Avalanche, Forest, Candyland, and Wigtown. My personal favourite was the Candyland map. Inspired by the famous board game, players had to navigate through the twists and turns of yummy candies and desserts. Just looking at the map made me hungry. This year, our sledding champions were Invisibilia, Expiroces, and ColaCinema.

At the end of Season 1, the Arena Team announced the winners of the Season. In the overall category, oPifed_ won with a score of 110. In the dueling category, cczz won with a score of 46. In the flying category, Invisibilia held onto the title of flying season champion with a score of 52.

The map releases of Season 1 were roleplay-themed! We saw the introduction of the Phoenix base dueling arena as well as the Roleplay Bases flying map. The Roleplay Bases map featured the Auralock, Vampire, Werewolf, and Phoenix bases where students had to weave and navigate through their ever-changing surroundings. In my opinion, the most challenging part is where the map transitions from the Vampire base to the Werewolf base. There are some narrow gaps between the columns that are only a block wide, which makes for a tricky flight. While it may be tricky, it is still very fun.

On April 1st, we began Season 2 wherein the Arena Team had released time-themed maps. In this map release, the Ministry’s Time Room made a grand appearance as a dueling map in addition to a new flying map called Land Before Time! Land Before Time starts in the Ireland Quabbleball Pitch where a wormhole has opened up. Players fly into the wormhole and find themselves in the time of the dinosaurs. You get to dance around the dinosaurs before heading into the belly of an active volcano. I highly recommend grabbing a friend and dragging them along to a challenge for a chance to experience this map.

As we move into the month of May, there are some exciting new challenges coming soon! Star Racing will be making a comeback where you will be able to fly on the familiar Star Racers that hover above the ground in Unmagical London, Hoph, Mes Esliey, and Mes Endra.

Not only will Star Racing be making a comeback, but rumour has it that there will be a new seasonal challenge called Plasma Showdown! Ever wondered what it would be like to fight as one of the Jeden or the Sekh? Which would you choose to be? I personally see myself as one of the Jeden. Keep an eye out for the release of this new challenge!

If you want to stay updated on the upcoming challenges, are looking for a dueling/flying partner, or just in general want some advice on how to get started, join Potterworld’s Official Arena Discord! In the meantime, have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Voice of a Champion
Student Spotlight
Written by MamaDuckie
Edited by kvmw

From those with unmatched artistic talents to those who are quick with a wand or broom, it is clear that Potterworld is full of extraordinary people. One of those people is Tilly (chqsingcars). As a Jr. Architect and Magiventologist, Tilly helps bring the server to life. However, it is not their skills in building or their creative mind that earned them a spot as a Tournament Champion.

In recent months, Tilly has claimed many wins. Among those are the January Sledding Tournament where she and her team took home second place, and the February Dueling and Flying Tournaments where Tilly and her teammates took first place! These are not the only victories she holds, as she has placed or won many times in the past both on her own and with others.

You’ve placed in so many of the Potterworld Tournaments. How does it feel to have so many wins under your belt?
It’s really rewarding to be honest! I’m a very competitive person, and I feel that I have put in a lot of time into improving my dueling and flying skills, so it’s nice to see the hard work pay off!

It’s clear that you love tournaments due to your frequent participation in them. Aside from getting a chance at winning, what keeps you coming back to participate? Why?
Besides participating to compete, I really love attending tournaments where I have a team to compete with! I always enjoy going to tournaments with friends and just having a good time.

Obviously, some tournaments require a lot of teamwork in order for the team to make it to the final round and win. From your experience, what is the most important tip for teamwork? Why is it so important?
I think the most important tip for teamwork is to stay positive. It definitely helps the team overall if you’re encouraging and positive in tournaments, even when you make mistakes. It allows you to move on from them and focus on the next round!

There are a lot of different tournaments you have participated in and that the Arena team organizes. Do you have a favorite type of tournament you prefer participating in? What makes it your favorite?
I think my favorite tournament type has got to be 3v3 dueling. I’ve had some great memories in 3v3 dueling tournaments in the past. There’s definitely a lot of strategy involved and it’s really fun to work as a team to compete to win!

We have all heard the saying “teamwork makes the dream work”, and while that’s true, it’s also clear that it’s not the only thing that brings home that trophy. Hard work and dedication play crucial roles in reaching your goals. Having fun certainly helps too!

In recent weeks, the 2022 Season 2 has brought out the competitive spirit once more. Players flocked to sign up for the first tournament with excitement, and Tilly and her teammate iSpitLikeALlama were no exception. With teammate iSpitLikeALlama, Tilly sat in anticipation with other participants for their chance to try and claim the first win of the season.

The 2022 Season 2 has just started with a 2v2 Flying Tournament, that you and your teammate took first place in. Congratulations! With your first win already solidified, what are you most looking forward to concerning the rest of Season 2? Why are you excited about it?
I’m looking forward to attending, and hopefully winning one more dueling and flying tournament! My goal for a while has been to get the most dueling tournament wins and flying wins, and 1 more of each will complete that goal! I’m also really excited for Star Racing! I’m hoping to win a tournament with my friend Jenn, since we came just short of winning sledding earlier this year!

Tilly isn’t the only one excited for Star Racing to make its return. Potterworld has been buzzing about the May the 4th event recently that comes hand in hand with Star Racing in Season 2. It is something that many players look forward to every year, leaving the community chatting about its arrival long before it goes live.

Our annual May the 4th event is on the horizon and with it the Star Racing Tournaments! Are you looking forward to competing this year? If so, why are you excited to get back into Star Racing?
Yes! I'm really excited to compete in star racing since it’s a nice break from the typical flying and dueling tournaments. I feel like seasonal tournaments like star racing and sledding are really competitive so I’m looking forward to participating!

Indeed! The tournaments that only appear in certain seasons tend to bring out the more competitive side of people. Every year, as we draw closer to one of the seasonal tournaments, they become a hot topic of conversation, especially on tournament days themselves!

Last year Tilly and her teammates, Expiroces and MagmaC4, placed first in the Star Racing Tournament, so it is no wonder they are bouncing on their heels in anticipation. If you are interested in facing off against Tilly and their teammates, our Lifestyle column has some fantastic advice to offer! You may learn enough to have what it takes to take on a Champion this year.

For any Arena Tournament, skill and strategy are key, especially if you hope to win. Each competitor has their own strategy for taking home that victory. From the different spells for dueling to the nuances of controlling your broom, Star Racer, or Sled, it always comes down to which strategy is the best one for you.

While everyone who participates does hope to win, it’s not always the case. As a seasoned champion, do you have any tips or strategies for someone new to tournaments? What are some things people can do to heighten their chances of winning or placing?
Some tips for someone new to tournaments are to attend lots of challenges! They're very similar to tournaments and you get great experience competing against other players and seeing what maps may be used in tournaments. The best way to improve your chances of winning or placing are definitely to practice! You can practice in the dueling halls, go to classes, or play minigames! Another great way to improve is to practice with a friend! It's a great way to learn what you need to work on and also you'll have someone to team with in tournaments and challenges!

Practice, practice, practice! Does it make everything perfect? Maybe not, but this seasoned champion does think it will help! Just don’t forget to have fun between all the practicing and competing. All work and no play does not make for an enjoyable tournament season, after all.

Thank you so much for talking with me about the Arena Championships! Is there anything you’d like to say to your fellow competitors, the Arena team, or to the Potterworld community in general about tournaments?
I’m really thankful for the arena team for hosting tournaments and challenges! I’m also grateful for how kind and accepting the arena community on Potterworld is!

Hearing from an Arena Champion gives great insight into the Arena Tournaments and we have certainly gained some spectacular advice. Practice alongside friends, join Challenges and minigames to test your skills, and have fun! Don’t forget to try out some new strategies from other competitors or try and come up with some of your own!

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to talk to me, Tilly! Good luck to everyone participating in the 2022 Season 2 tournaments. If you haven’t decided to sign up for any Tournaments this season, you should certainly give it a shot! You may learn something you didn’t before, make a new friend, or even come out as an Arena Champion yourself!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Mother’s Day Appreciation
Lifestyle
Written by ivyronincheez
Edited by Compost__King

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner. This Sunday, May 8th, is the fabulous holiday of Mother’s Day, and hopefully you dear readers haven’t forgotten about it! Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family or individual- or simply any motherly figure in an individual’s life. Today I will be giving you some ideas that you can do with your Potterworld mom around the server.

An item I recommend surprising your motherly figure with would be a delightful bouquet of flowers. For a beautiful bouquet, I believe using roses, poppies, pink tulips, and blue orchids would be best. The meaning behind a bouquet is that it symbolizes refinement, thoughtfulness, and mature charm. The reason that I believe these flowers make a wonderful bouquet is because the colors of each flower flow well with each other. The blue orchids help to pull from both red roses and red poppies giving a different color of peace and love.

Next, I would recommend taking your mom out for a bite to eat. Some wonderful places to take her would be The Popping Pot in Carket Market, The Broomsticks Inn in Hogsend, and lastly The Cauldron Inn in London. Around the Potterworld server, there are many places where you can take your mom, but I highly suggest going to The Popping Pot in Carket Market. I recommend this place more because it is set next to Diagonal Lane so after having a bite to eat, you can spend the rest of the day shopping.

Finally, you could take your mom on a walk around one of the many towns of the server. The three towns I best recommend are Longbay Landing, Gnollberg Port, and lastly Walden. These towns are very beautiful- especially since they are all by the sea. Just taking a nice stroll along the ocean sounds like a peaceful activity for two. There is one thing about Longbay Landing I should mention; if you see a girl with a cauldron in Longbay Landing, make a run for it!

Alright, everyone, that is the end of these wonderful activities for Mother’s Day. I hope everyone has taken inspiration and has made a plan to take their Potterworld mom out around the world. Mother’s Day is a nice way to tell your mom that you love and appreciate all she does for you. This has been ivyronincheez reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Star Racing: Tips and Tricks
Lifestyle
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by maddinq

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! With May starting today, the return of Star Racing (and the May the 4th event) draws nearer. With these exciting times just moments away now is the perfect moment to go over my personal list of tips and tricks to help players like you win Star Racing!

Star Racing is a Potterworld Minigame that makes an annual return during the May the 4th event. Star Racing is structured similarly to flying, however, instead of racing through hoops, players zoom across a track on a speeder. Similar to flying, the main goal is to be the first player to pass the finish line at the end.

The first and most crucial piece of advice I can give to help win at Star Racing is to practice! While this tip seems a little cliché, it is still helpful. Especially in a game where one is trying to get to first, it is important to practice a ton. By practicing, you help yourself not only fully understand the controls, but you also get the needed experience to figure out your own tricks for success.

While practice is important to figure out your way around the minigame, there is still some additional information to keep in mind when playing Star Racing. Among this information is the important trick of making smaller turns. While at first, this tip may seem a little strange, a sharper and shorter turn can help you stay ahead of other players, as larger turns can slow you down and allow other players to dash ahead of you.

Another helpful (and fun!) tip I have is to compete with friends! Although it sounds like it won’t do much, it helps you find some of your weaker spots and encourages you to work on them. By racing against friends, you actually get that encouragement to do better and can learn new strategies from watching your friends race. Speaking of watching people play, this is another helpful way to learn more about the minigame and other successful strategies to win! There are many different ways to learn new information, and mixing up different learning styles can help information stick in your brain. By both watching other players play Star Racing and doing so yourself, you are able to understand and learn both the game and additional routes to success.

My final tip for you dear readers is to have fun! There is no point in pushing yourself to win and play Star Racing if you do not take the time to sit back and enjoy yourself. You are not going to get better if you do not take the time to really enjoy all the minigame has to offer.

Those are all of the tips and tricks I have for today! I hope these provide help in all of your future Star Racing endeavors. Although, I’m curious, do you have any of your own tricks for winning Star Racing? If not, I encourage you to try and figure out what works best for you, during this year's May the 4th event! Like always, thank you for stopping by the Daily Diviner, and have a fabulous week!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Lesson on Exams
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Tess breathed in the musty scent of the library, an age-old smell of books that they had come to know well over the past week of ceaseless studying. When they breathed out, it was the anxious sigh of a stressed-out student. There were two others sitting at the table, Nick poring over textbooks and Matty over spells.

It was late. The sky was an inkpot pouring through the windows and eclipsing the candles. Tess wearily compared the flickering flame to their own sinking mood.

“Lights out in five minutes,” the ancient librarian called from the front desk. He was old and cranky, and as Tess had found, not to be argued with. “If you’re not gone by then, I’m sending you to your Housemaster.”

The threat was serious. The three shared a sigh and gathered their books. Studying would have to continue in their dorms.

It felt as if Tess had only blinked before they found themself in their shared dorm, lying on their bed stomach-down, head folded in their arms. A textbook was open on their pillow, and the night before their last exams truly began.

Six hours and a nap later, the sun rose, and it was time for breakfast. Upon reaching the Great Hall, they were greeted by the concerned faces of their friends, who already had their own textbooks open.

“You okay, Tess?” Nick asked as Tess sat down.

Tess caught their reflection in their plate, grimacing at the sight. Usually smooth curls were ruffled beyond saving, dark circles framed their eyes, and they wore a tired frown.

“Yeah,” they lied, stabbing their reflection and a piece of bacon with a fork. “I’ll be better once these exams are over.”

“I second that,” Matty agreed over her own bacon, and the subject was dropped.

They finished breakfast and promised to meet in the Common Room after their exams. Tess had hardly said goodbye before they found themself at their first class, waiting trepidly, the professor preparing to pass out the exam.

The professor went around the room, dropping the fateful paper on each student’s desk. Tess was sweating by the time they received theirs.

A sudden panic came over them as they stared down at the exam. There had to be some way to get out of this.

It came to them abruptly, and they stood. “I’m allergic!”

All eyes turned to them, and the professor looked back. “To what?”

“The exam.”

A burst of giggles broke out, and Tess felt a blush spread across their face as they realized what they had said. Allergic. To the exam. Of all the things to say in the world, Tess had chosen the silliest.

“Please sit down,” the professor said, not unkindly, likely taking in their tired appearance and giving them a break. Tess was grateful for it.

They spent the rest of the exam in silence.

The second exam came after lunch, long after their unfortunate humiliation.

It started similar to the last, although instead of papers, there was a cup and instructions to turn it into a rat. Tess definitely hadn’t studied this. Resolved, they determined that they would get out of it this time.

When the professor came around to Tess’s desk to watch them perform the transfiguration, they began apologetically, “Sorry professor, my wand broke this morning.”

The professor sighed. “Then what is that in your pocket?”

Tess reached down and poked at the wand hidden in their pocket. Apparently, it was visible. “Oh.”

“Perform the transfiguration, please.”

“Right, sorry.”

After that slightly less embarrassing attempt, the third exam arrived. Sitting in the classroom, hungry and yearning for a nap, Tess gave up. They might as well get this over with without embarrassing themself any further.

They had just thought that when they felt they could no longer keep their eyes open. It was the last exam; surely they could close their eyes for a moment?

Their eyes snapped open as the exam paper was dropped on their desk. Tess tried to clear the sleepiness from their mind, sighed, and started the exam. Just one hour left.

They ended up not finishing the exam in time, so exhausted from the previous night, but Tess couldn’t bring themself to care.

—​

Two hours later, after dinner, Tess was lying on the couch closest to the fire. Nick was sitting on the floor by Tess’s stomach, and Matty was curled up on an armchair.

“I’m sure everything went fine,” Matty said through her giggles after hearing Tess’s recount. “It couldn’t have been that bad.”

“Just put it from your mind for now,” Nick added. Tired and warm, Tess didn’t bother to argue.

A week later, Tess had all but forgotten about the embarrassing exams. That was, however, until grades were announced one breakfast. With a sinking feeling and their friends behind them, Tess opened the letter with their grades inside. Their jaw dropped.

“I actually did well! Save for that one exam I was exhausted in.”

Matty looked over Tess’s shoulder at their paper. “Told you.”

“See? You just need to trust yourself,” Nick said, “and not stay up all night.”

Seeing their grades, Tess couldn’t argue with that.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Forget Me Or Forget Me Not?
Original Works
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by kvmw

It was a warm Summer’s eve, and the Raven girls’ dormitory buzzed with excitement.

For the past few weeks, the students had spent their evenings huddled in the library with their noses glued to textbooks, fingers stained with ink, every waking minute dedicated to studying for their exams.

Receiving an O on your exams made you socially acceptable. Receiving an E made you someone that needed tutoring, but had potential. Receiving an A or lower on the exams made you a social outcast.

With all the pressure they were under, three of the girls, Olivia, Victoria and Ivy, decided they needed a break, choosing to treat themselves to a picnic the next day. The common room was fluttering with anticipation as they rushed to prepare their picnic basket.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow!” Olivia said as she hurriedly put food into their picnic basket.

“I know! We have been so busy, but I’m glad we finally made time for a little fun,” Ivy said as she shoved a Quabble into her bag.

Victoria's eyes lit up. “Let's hurry up and get to bed. Maybe if we get up early enough, we’ll have more time for activities.” Ivy and Olivia nodded in agreement and rushed to finish packing.

The next morning, the three ventured out into the fields northeast of Hogsend which were nestled between the forest and the lake. The grassland was a vibrant green, the dew sparkling under the rising sun. About twenty meters away from both the water and the forest they stopped to set up their picnic blanket.

Picking up their brooms, they took to the skies. Ivy kicked up into the air, relishing the cool breeze as her friends joined her in the sky, whooping and cheering with broad grins.

"Victoria!" she shouted, and the girl spun around just in time to catch the Quabble. The girls continued playing Quabbleball for an hour. After a while, their tummies started to rumble.

Olivia caught the ball with one hand and clutched her stomach with the other. "I’m hungry,” she whined. “Can we eat?"

"Let's get lunch, then," replied Ivy, gliding towards the basket as Victoria and Olivia followed. Ivy pulled out a loaf of bread, meats, and a block of cheese as Victoria started setting up the plates and napkins on the blanket.

"Um… I think we forgot to pack the utensils," Victoria said, frowning as she dug through the basket.

Olivia groaned. "Then how are we going to eat?" She grabbed one of the pre-sliced meats and started to munch.

"We'll figure this out," Ivy said soothingly, patting the blanket. "Let's sit down and see what we can do." Olivia dragged her feet over to the picnic blanket and sat down with a thud while Ivy and Victoria whispered to each other about how they were going to solve the problem.

Victoria took off towards the lake, in search of a thin, sharp rock she could use to cut the bread. After comparing the different rocks, she settled on one and brought it back. Setting the rock on top of the bread, she took out her wand and pointed it at the rock.

"Leviosus!" cried Victoria. The rock lifted a meter or two above the bread before it came crashing down. She ran over to inspect the scene. The bread seemed to be “sliced” in half, but the heavy fall of the rock had also flattened their bread.

Meanwhile, Ivy decided to use a new spell she had learned in class: Specutelum, which conjured shooting arrows. Figuring it might cut the cheeses into smaller pieces, she pointed her wand and cast the spell. Instead, arrows flew towards the cheese, throwing bits and pieces flying in different directions. Ivy walked towards the cheesy chaos, picked up what she could of the mess, and walked back to meet the other two girls.

"So... I made sliced flatbread." Victoria giggled. "It was the best I could do." She offered a guilty smile before setting the bread down on the blanket.

"I brought back some cheese chunks," said Ivy, gently setting lumps on the blanket.

"Well, at least we packed those pre-sliced meats," said Olivia, trying to hold back a laugh. She took a piece of meat and passed it to Ivy.

“Next time, let's remember to double-check everything,” said Ivy with a smile playing on her lips. She passed the food to Victoria.

Victoria chuckled. "Agreed."

Status