DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Original Works

Summer Specials: The June Store Release!
Feature
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by maddinq

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! With May finally wrapping up, June is about to begin; and with the start of another month comes another store release! Store releases are a monthly occurrence where a collection of new packages, items, and effects, among other cosmetics, are added to the Potterworld Store for players to purchase. However, there are times where the anticipation for these releases can be too much. To solve this, today I will be teasing a bit of what the June store release has in store for us.

Before we look at the upcoming store release, we should take a step back and look at the history of June store releases. Last year, the June 2021 release brought a new mystical element to the Potterworld store. While there was no official release title, this batch of items for purchase can still be tied together quite nicely. This store release gave us the Purple Fairy Wings, Regal Garden Scenery, and Rainbow Wand Effects. Each item was beautifully made and allowed players to not only get new cosmetic options but also explore new ways to decorate their housings.

The year prior, 2020, also did not have a specific theme for its June store release. However, June 2020 brought along a few memorable items including the Royal Crown, a pair of sunglasses, and three allegiance-based death effects. While there was not really much relation between the items released, they still all added to the overall magical feel of Potterworld, from seasonal fun to a new regal feel!

With two vastly different store releases in previous years, the possibilities for this year's June store release are endless! Therefore, it leaves plenty of room for speculation. Perhaps we will see plenty of bright colors, or some sort of rainbow edition to the release! Or maybe there will be summer-related items for players to kick off the beginning of the hot summer season right here on Potterworld! There’s also the possibility of a new summer death effect or housing scenery. Another theory for the June store release is that we may see some more “practical items” as in a new flashy wand or broom appearance!

Speculations for the June store release could go on and on. Thankfully, Store Manager Tangular123 was able to provide some information on what we can expect for the June store release!

This June we can expect a colorful and sea-based bundle of summer fun with plenty of brightness to fill your summer sea dreams! As Tang describes:

“Something to expect would be maybe a semi-summer theme as we move in. But I guess, the main thing to expect are bright colors and water themes!”

The June store release is sure to advance from previous releases due to the fact it is the first out of the three to contain a theme and the title! The title for this year’s June store release is: Under the Sea! The items within this release are also clearly correlated to one another and really take the theme to the next level. As Tang states:

“I think one of the most enjoyable things is how the wand, broom appearance, and headband all really match together.”

It appears that we have an exciting summer waiting for us in the Store team! I’m curious if the water theme we have this month will carry through the season, or if more sunnier themes will arise in the future. Perhaps we will even see some more ocean related items later on. We will just have to wait and see when the time comes!

Of course, for those still a little unsure about this year’s release, no need to fret! Each item will not only coordinate with one another but also with a variety of your own outfits and looks! Tang confirms this through saying:

“With these items players can utilize them all to follow one aesthetic this summer, or work in one or two items in their current outfits.”

I cannot wait to see how all of the items turn out in the flesh, as this is sure to be a pleasing store release for those of you dying to see a happy and ocean-filled collection within the Potterworld Store! Each item pairs together nicely, which upholds the stunning aura it provides. As Tang says,

“[The items in the release] can be bought and all worn together to complete an aesthetic! They have a lovely pink/orange/yellow theme which is super bright and happy, fit for many players' summers coming up.”

Overall, the June store release is sure to be one to remember, with an oceany and bright appeal that will fulfill your start-of- summer store needs! I encourage you to give it a look once it arrives. Items can be purchased on the online store on the website or from the in-game store using Potter Points! (The in-game store also offers an up-close look at the items) Of course, we will just have to wait until the release drops to finally see the full extent of items. What do you think, readers? What aspects of the upcoming store release are you most excited about? As always, thank you for stopping by the Daily Diviner, and have a beautiful day!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Communities Brings Updates
Editorial
Written by ivyronincheez
Edited by Compost__King

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Editorial section of the Daily Diviner! Today we will be discussing two major updates that the Tech/Dev team brought to the server. The two updates are Introducing Guilds: Part 1 and Friends Update. Let’s go ahead and dive right into it!

The Introducing Guilds: Part 1 update brought something that the server would have fun with, with their friends. This is most enjoyable because it’s a nice place for players to have fun and make fun prefixes. I know that the three roleplay allegiances have taken to using the guild chats to discuss things in private, especially to help in roleplays. The guild update was something that I was looking forward to since it was first announced. Guild chat will act just like a party chat where only people in the guild will only be able to see that chat. This chat will also not be monitored by staff.

Here what is some people had to say about guilds:
Gnomeh: Very exciting feature and I can’t wait to join a guild!
Calliequeen: Woohoo!
The Friends update brought some good things to Potterworlds in game friends list and limit. One of the things that the update brought was the removal of the limit of 50 friends. This means that players can now have more than 50 friends with no limits. Another thing this update brought was marking a friend as a favorite. This allows you to favorite your friends and pin them at the top of the list. This is an update that I really enjoy because everyday I am making friends on Potterworld, and I am now able to add them to my friends list. There isn’t anything I would change to this update.

Let’s take a look at what the community has said:
Scientin: I really like that the list now tells you where your friends are and makes it so much easier to meet up or to just see what they’re up to at a glance.
The_Blue_Lady: The removal of having only 50 friends is a big thing because that has been something that the community has been asking for a while.
In the end I am very happy to have these new updates. This is something that the community has really been asking about for a while and for it to now be accessible it adds something to the server. I can’t wait for the Guilds update part 2, as I hope it brings more to guilds. I’d like to thank everyone for reading. This has been ivyroninchees reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Scribes Are The Champions
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

Hello everyone! As I’m sure you’ve heard, the Potterworld Wiki is finally out! Since being released on May 8th, I’ve fallen in love with every aspect of it, and I’m excited to give you all the rundown. Let’s start with the basics, shall we?

The Scribe team manages the wiki, and it’s filled with tons of tips to help the community. You can find information on the types of events we have on the server and some brief overviews of previous ones. There are gameplay-related pages, from gear and their stats to mobs and strategies to defeat them. Most helpful to me are the quest pages and roleplay recaps! That’s only scratching the surface, though. There’s so much more you can find by snooping around – it can lead to a rabbit hole of new information!

Work on the Potterworld Wiki officially started in August 2020. The Scribe team opened applications on August 13th and was initially a staff-only team. Garrison (spellius), previously an Inquisitor lead, was the team’s first lead. As the years went on and people left and joined the staff team, the wiki saw many changes in leadership. Now, Erica (EricaEH) is the last remaining member of the original Scribe team. Her Community Management spirit has blossomed since then, as she is currently the Head of the department and one of the Lead Scribes!

Let’s get into the grit of things and talk about some of the pages! As I mentioned, the quest guides have been a massive relief for me. The wiki includes a complete walkthrough of each quest and adds more information that we did not publicly have before. We can now see the rewards for each quest and even each line of NPC dialogue! My favorite part is that they give tips on completing the quests!

I was surprised to see all of the content the Scribe team provided on mobs! Each server mob has a detailed page with important information and exciting facts sprinkled throughout. Their behaviors and defense techniques are essential to the page, but the added details bring them to life. Not only do you get their drops, health, and damage, but you can also find out about which quests require them and the habitats they live in. I was pleasantly surprised to find background information included on each page!

The lore doesn’t stop with mobs, though! The wiki shows that there’s so much content not currently implemented on the server! I’ve been indulging in a lot of town lore recently, and it is so fascinating. Did you know Edgebrook formed because a Kraken was attacking Portstead? Or that Haggleton was founded during the peak of the allegiances’ rivalry? Or even that Rushstone has a secret witch coven?

It’s enticing to read about, and admittedly, I’ve read almost all of the town pages. I’ve poked around at related pages to sniff out other hidden gems, and it blew me away to find some NPCs have fleshed out lives. I had assumed there were details on NPCs outside of the quests they’re involved with, but I didn’t realize the wiki would include them. If there’s a reason for me to explore the wiki, it’s to find out more about random topics I never expected to have lore.

We can expect more content to come out soon as the wiki will be constantly updated when new features roll out. I’m super excited for it to continue growing. If the Scribe team did this in two years, imagine how expansive it’ll be two years later. I’m determined to stick around long enough to see. I truly love how the Potterworld Wiki has turned out. Thank you to the Scribe team for producing such a worthwhile project, and I can’t wait to see what else you all create!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

EdenLovesMommy’s Duelist NFTs
Student Spotlight
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by maddinq

Hello lovely readers! Welcome back to the Student Spotlight column of the Daily Diviner! Potterworld loves to recognize and celebrate its players for all the unique things they do to make Potterworld the community that it is today. In previous Student Spotlights we have seen students create unique shops, show off their roleplay skills, and much more! This week I had the pleasure of interviewing EdenLovesMommy about his Duelist NFT Collection. Let’s dive right in and see what he has to say!

When did you join Potterworld?
I joined Potterworld back in January 2021 and it quickly grew to be my favorite Minecraft server.
What made you want to create a duelist NFT collection?
I think that the Duelist community is one of the closest communities on Potterworld because everyone knows everyone. I wanted to create some kind of art piece where I could incorporate all of the well-known duelists on the server. I was also interested in NFTs at the time and thought it would be a good idea to upload a deck of "cards" that I made as NFTs. This way the pictures are more than pictures, they are a one of a kind that is actually logged on the Ethereum blockchain. It was never really an intention of mine to sell the NFTs but I put prices on them anyways on what I would personally value them at.
What are some of your favorite cards from the collection and why?
My personal favorites from the collection are probably ColaCinema’s card because it represents the wealth he has made on the server and my beloved Madeline’s because it is so very aesthetically pleasing.
How did you go about ranking each person?
The "Eden's Handpicked" selection of cards are mostly very popular players on the server that I am friends with or even just close friends to me. I wanted to do that set specifically so I could include some of the notable Potterworld players that do not necessarily duel competitively. Other than that we based the tiers for each player on their dueling skills. The scores were a collective opinion of Jack, Tilly, and me. Because we have some of the highest dueling playtime on the server in recent times, we each have fought most of the active players on countless occasions. Due to this, it was not hard to categorize everyone into a class based on our personal opinions.
Do you think you will expand into other competitive areas such as flying? Why or why not?
That is a really good question! I was asked for a while if I was interested in creating a flying NFT project. I don't think that I am going to simply because I am less interested in flying. I am also not the best flyer so I feel that some players could get insulted if an outsider started grading them on their skills.
What inspired you to get into dueling?
When I realized that the skill cap for dueling was so high, that’s when I got really into it. It was interesting to see just how massive the skill gap between good players could be. Immediately, I fell in love with the fast-paced mechanics involved and knew that I wanted to be one of the best on the server one day. It was really inspiring to see people winning tournaments as well. I credit Jack and Tilly for helping me get as good as I am today.
What is a piece of advice that will always stick with you when you duel?
Heal, heal, heal! In today's meta if you aren’t healing, you aren’t living. It’s very important for higher-year duelists to utilize their heal spells during fights. In high-level grad dueling, healing is usually the deciding factor of whether or not you win.
A huge thank you to EdenLovesMommy for sharing his insight and wisdom into the art of dueling. If you haven’t already and you are interested in sharing your writing, art, or builds, I recommend taking a look at the Potterworld Art discord! If you would like to join and get to know the various competitive communities, I recommend joining the Potterworld Arena discord as well! To join, go to Potterworld’s website and the join link will be in the announcement release on the forums. In the meantime, have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Warm Weather DIY's
Written by Silquer
Edited by m1tskl

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner. As spring moves away from the cold chill of winter and becomes ever-closer to the warm days of summer, you may be looking for inspiration on how to get into the warm weather mood. DIYs are the perfect way to do this! From paper creations to flower pots, these magical creations will inspire you to get creative in the coming weeks of spring.

A change of wardrobe is the best place to start. DIY hats are a great way to switch up your summer outfits. For this DIY, you will need a plain hat from your closet, ribbon, sequins, shells from the beach, or any other materials you want to decorate your hat with. Even a simple flower will do! When decorating your hat, keep your theme in mind. A spring flower theme could include fake or paper flowers, yellow ribbon, and a few sequins. A beach-themed hat could be scattered with shells, decorated in a blue ribbon, and given sparkly blue glitter to match. A little glue can go a long way!

If it gets too hot to even lift a hand to decorate, use your wand and cast a quick spell to charm the objects into decorating themselves! Whichever hat or theme you decide on, it is important to keep in mind how you will pair it with your outfits. You never know when you might want to bring out your hat!

If you are looking for something to give your room a magical makeover, paper creatures are the way to go. All you will need for these paper creations is a good pair of scissors, sturdy colored paper, and markers, crayons, or paints to etch your designs into your decorations. You can cut the paper out into the basic shape of your desired creature, then add detail with more paper cutouts or your decorating utensils. You could create paper butterflies to flutter about, tiny owls to carry paper mail, and even dark thestries to capture mid-flight!

To give this paper creation a more active role in your room, charm the creatures to flutter or flap around. Watch them drift around your room as you finish studying for your final exams, or as you play some card games. If you happen to be an unmagical, tying or taping your paper to a string and hanging it from the ceiling will suffice.

If you’re more of an artist, this project requires a bit more of your artistic touch. Painting rocks is fantastic for decorating gardens, steps, or even your desk! For these rocks, you will need a collection of smooth and uniquely-shaped rocks, paints, paintbrushes, and markers. Make sure to wash your rocks before painting! You can paint delicate flowers, trees, or an abstract piece. The rock face is your canvas! Once finished, enchant your paintings to move like the ones in Hogsworth. For the unfortunate unmagical, you will just have to use your imagination.

The next DIY is perfect for mood lighting. Fairy lights are an iconic staple in many people’s rooms, but here is the magical version: string up a strand of lights and light them with Lumen. The magical light contained in the bulbs will illuminate your room for as long as your spell lasts, casting everything in a perfect cozy light.

If you would rather not use magic, or are unable to for whatever reason, a simple string of fairy lights will do. Hang them on your wall or over your shelf for the ideal lighting.

Finally, DIY flower pots are a great way to liven up your desk and pair well with your painted rocks. For the pots, any glass bottle will work well. Try to find recycled bottles or anything that can be reused! To decorate the bottle, use some glue to wrap the jar or bottle in a decorative rope. The final effect is a lovely flower pot. Fill it with soil and cast Orchiflora to grow some flowers within!

What did you think? Will you use any of these DIYs for yourself? I hope so! I highly recommend trying them out to liven up your room or wardrobe. I wish all of you a great rest of your spring!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

What Kind of Snack are You?
Lifestyle
Written by ivyronincheese
Edited by m1tskl

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Lifestyle section of the Daily Diviner! Since springtime is coming to an end, let's take a quiz to determine what your favorite spring snack says about you. Now, without further ado, let's get straight into the quiz!

Question 1. What is your go-to drink at a café?
A. Bitter, black coffee​
B. A sweet cup of hot chocolate​
C. Cooling water​
D. A fruit smoothie​
Question 2: Which snack is your favorite to munch on?
A. Spicy Hot Chips​
B. A cinnamon roll​
C. String cheese and grapes​
D. A banana fruit salad​
Question 3: When do you prefer to eat your snacks?
A. Late at night​
B. In the morning​
C. Whenever I get hungry​
D. After a strong workout​
Question 4: Are you a big fan of candy?
A. Not really​
B. I LOVE candy!​
C. Only on occasion​
D. I prefer naturally sweet foods​
Question 5: What activity sounds like it pairs best with a snack?
A. Binge-watching TV​
B. Reading a good book​
C. Browsing the internet​
D. Hiking​
Now that you have taken the small quiz let’s get you your results!

If you chose mostly As, you like snacks that have a bit of spice and kick to them. A snack I would recommend to you is spicy cajun dip. Spicy cajun dip is a great snack that is easy to make and packs a powerful flavor punch.
If you chose mostly Bs, you like snacks that are sweet and chocolatey. I would recommend that you try gooey chocolate brownies to sate your snacking hunger this spring. Brownies are a great way to end the day!
If you chose mostly Cs, you like snacks that are nice and chilled. A snack I would recommend to you is a fruit smoothie. Fruit smoothies are a wonderful way to start your day and get the energy you need to complete all of your tasks.
If you chose mostly Ds, you like snacks that are fun and tropical. A snack I would recommend to you is mango fruit squares. The mango squares are lush with delicious flavor for you to enjoy on a hot day.

I hope you all enjoyed the quiz! I am excited to hear what your results will be. I am a B girl, so I will be busy making the chocolate brownies this evening. This has been ivyronincheez reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Thieves of Opposing Sides
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Grimlotts loomed above, a foreboding fortress of pristine marble pillars that stretched into the bright blue sky of Diagonal Lane. Of all the places to store a magical jewel, Willow thought as she stared up at the great plinths of stone, Grimlotts had to be the most unfortunate.

The fact was, Willow was trying to sneak into the most secure vaults in the magical world. Needless to say, her heart was racing as she made her way up the steps of the great labyrinth. With a cursory glance at the crowd around her, she threw on a Cloak of Concealment, watching the rest of the world fade to muted grey, and began her ascent.

“You’re not very subtle, Willow,” a voice came from behind, and she threw a flippant gesture behind her, coming out from under the cloak. She hoped no one saw besides the intended recipient.

“Rude, as Phoenixes often are,” came the scoffing laugh.

“Intrusive, as Dark Followers always are,” Willow threw back, and continued up the steps. The voice followed her.

“You’re not even going to say hello to your dear sister?”

“No,” she replied and walked into the halls of Grimlotts. She swore she heard “Petulant, as always,” hissed behind her, but she ignored it quite well. She had a mission, after all. No need for family squabbles.

Navigating through the hall was like drifting through a minefield, except the mines were moving and rather sentient. She darted this way and that, making sure her feet were covered at all times, avoiding grim-looking goblins and their stubby steps through the hall. She was so focused on making her way through the trial of potential capture that the oddity of her sister’s appearance had not yet struck her. It wasn’t until she reached the back end of the hall and found the entrance to the vaults open that realisation hit her like a sack of bricks in the face.

The Dark Followers were after the same jewel, likely due to its supposed properties of healing. Willow personally thought it was ridiculous, probably a rumour, but who was she to defy authority? And she most certainly would not let her sister get ahead of her now.

She slipped into the vault entrance, taking light, silent steps on the stone and finding two carts already missing. Had it been a goblin or her meddling sister? She took the third one and began the long trip through the vault caverns.

She saw her sister’s cart, and soon after they were racing side by side. Both of their cloaks were thrown off, the need for subtlety long forgotten in the face of a race and a good challenge.

A section of the cart track came dangerously close, and she could make out the sneering expression on her sister’s face. “Give it up, Melissa! Finding this jewel won’t deliver you any more success in the Dark Followers. You know that.”

It was a low blow, even for her, but she couldn’t bring herself to be sorry when Melissa scowled at her and threw up her wand at the cave ceiling above, shouting out a spell.

The stone exploded in a flurry of rubble and boulders. Willow scrambled to charm the falling rocks into stopping, and she threw them over the side, where they fell into the depths harmlessly. When she looked up, Melissa was gone.

She urged the cart forward and arrived at the vault shortly thereafter. Melissa wasn’t there yet, caught in a twisting bend that led her elsewhere. It didn’t give her much time.

Yet as she approached the vault door, a sense of dread flooded her gut. It was already open. Had Melissa somehow beaten her there?

She heard panting breaths behind her and saw her sister sprinting towards her. Well, there went that theory. Before Melissa could reach her, Willow toed open the vault door and stepped inside. It was empty, save for a note in the middle.

She approached it cautiously, circling around the vault and looking for any traps. There were none. She picked up the note. It was written in sprawling, inky letters; the kind that Willow knew belonged to only one person.

Melissa appeared at the door just as she finished reading.

“Where’s the jewel?” her sister asked, but she sounded defeated like she already knew.

She handed the note to Melissa and watched her face fall as she read.

“Looks like Ayla got to it first. Our baby sister always seems to get the better of us, huh?”

Willow sighed, letting her shoulders slump. “Yeah.”

Melissa hesitated, then gave the note back to her. “It was my fault. Sorry.”

Willow’s head snapped up in pure shock. “I’m sorry?”

“Don’t get too happy. It was just an apology,” her sister snapped and left the vault. But Willow was already grinning; her sister did have a conscience. If there was nothing else she got out of her expedition, it was that inkling of hope that their family could be whole again someday.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Lost to Time
Original Works
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

The light of dawn drifts into the quiet room. Colors splay themselves across the ground from the two floor-to-ceiling stained glass windows that face the east, dust contentedly floating in the rays. The ancient grandfather clock greets the sun with soft ticks of its hands, and the room brightens with joy. The bookcase across from the windows holds aging books with spines peeling at the edges, but it’s no matter. This room has been around for many years, decades, perhaps even centuries, and it has no concerns about the passage of time.

Its heart lies in its center. On top of a well-loved rug stands a round table with six sturdy chairs. I believe it may have had seven, once upon a time, or maybe only five, but it’s a mystery as to where anyone could have found such ornate identical chairs.

The room’s visitors might change through the years, but the room keeps a steady schedule. It seems that every time its regularly visiting students graduate and leave the school, different students seamlessly take up their predecessors’ prior time frame. It’s surprisingly consistent, and the room welcomes each new student with open arms.

The room remains quiet for the majority of the morning. After breakfast with the students, Droobledore stops in to visit. He seems to enjoy his morning tea in the peace of the hidden room; I have yet to see anyone venture in while he’s around. Interestingly enough, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him with the same type of tea. He always leaves the room with a sparkle in his eye.

After he leaves, the room falls into a thoughtful silence. From morning to lunch, no one enters through the door. The dust settles, and apart from the occasional cacophony of students chattering outside, all is tranquil.

As soon as the clock strikes three o’clock, a study group jostles into the room. Four of them are Ravens, who are strikingly stoic. They’re all business during their study time, determined to stay on track. It’s impressive just how much they commit to it.

With them is a lone Griffin, an unlikely addition to their clique. Without a doubt, this student is their year’s class clown. He never misses the chance to crack a joke. He shares none of the ideals that they do, but the bizarre part is that the Ravens tend to laugh along anyways.

No matter how distracted they may become by his hilarity, they always return to their studies. It’s almost as if they’re babysitting their Griffin friend, keeping him on track to get his schoolwork done.

They can’t deny him all the time. He makes sure everyone gets their breaks. He also makes sure to sneak in stolen snacks from the kitchens. I’d be troubled if I wasn’t so impressed. In the end, they all seem to leave the room closer than before.

Once every few weeks, a random person comes in during the last afternoon of the month, often looking confused to have walked into the room. They always meander about before picking a book off the shelf but never have the time to finish the entire thing. They rarely ever come back, though I’m not sure why.

A group of young witches meets at the round table to have a moonlit meeting every new moon. They adorn themselves with dark makeup and serious faces and strut through the door. With hushed voices, they light tall candles before watching them burn for several minutes. It’s fascinating to watch.

As if on queue, they all pull out small booklets. In the same order each month, they share their newly written poetry. It’s easy to tell when a new witch joins the group from her written work’s quality, but watching as their skills advance is lovely to experience.

Revealed in her poem titled “Where My Heart Lays”, one of the girls had started to date her longtime crush. I was ecstatic to hear it, as her poems had become dreadfully sad as the school year went on. I’m happy that she could get out of her rut.

After every quiet night and an hour before dawn, a cat animorphus comes in. They cast a quick Homorphus and start their work. They polish the windows, wipe down the table, and dust the shelves.

It’s pretty strange since they’ve been doing this for as long as I can remember. It’s even stranger that they have yet to show their face to me. The strangest part about them is that they know I’m here. They don’t disturb me or swipe up my web, so I’d like to think we’re friends in whatever way we can be.

They exit as promptly as they enter, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Then, the light of dawn drifts into the quiet room. Colors splay on the ground from the two floor-to-ceiling stained glass windows that face the east, dust contentedly floating in the rays…

Status