DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Miscellaneous

Department Changes All Around
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello my magical readers, and welcome to the sixty-eighth edition of the Daily Diviner! Since our last check-in with the departments over a month ago, there have been even more changes made. Nearly every department has gone through some summer cleaning. Let’s go over a complete list of these changes for a closer look at how Potterworld’s inner mechanisms are doing!

Let’s start with the Game Design department. Recently, the Inquisitor team was disbanded, hosting their final SAD event as well as the last Community Engagement last month. Magiventologists, Seer, Cursebreaker, and Unspeakable teams were also merged into a larger Game Design team, which will help the department prioritize certain tasks and divvy up work appropriately. Arena has also left, merging with Academics. This leaves the department with only two sub-departments: the Lore team and the Game Designer team.

Speaking of Academics, the department has been going strong since the addition of the Arena team! Applications for both Class Helpers and Arena Squires are currently open and awaiting applicants. Be sure to check them out if you’re interested in joining the academic force of Potterworld.

The Community Management and Technology & Development departments have also swapped teams. The Poltergeists, responsible for giving feedback from the playerbase, have been moved to Technology & Development from Community Management. With this change, feedback will be delivered faster, and efficiency will increase. It’s exciting to think what the Poltergeists will do in their new home! However, unfortunately, Deniz is no longer Head of Development. We wish him the best wherever he goes!

Alongside these department adjustments, Media & Public Relations have been hard at work. The Daily Diviner has adjusted internal workings, and all future members are now staff, regardless of position! Applications for Writers are currently open for anyone interested in joining our chaotic community. Besides this, the Student Spotlight column has been reimagined, and there is a new form too. Fill it out to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article! We have also unfortunately let go of the Original Works column. To see these changes for yourself, simply scroll down.

Potterwatch was also disbanded, and the Directors were moved to WizNetworkers. The Performers, unfortunately, were let go. They still post a few videos under the WizNetworker name, and Video WizNetworker applications are now open! Check out the website applications for more information on what this position means.

The final change within Media is a sad one; after a long reign, Sunnya is no longer Head of Media. We are grateful for all of the work she has done and wish her the best in future endeavors. On a happier note, Emily has taken up the mantle as head, and we can’t wait to see what she does in her new position!

Finally, it is time to discuss the many open applications that have gone unmentioned. In Tech & Dev, Poltergeists, Grounds Keepers, Developer, and Engineer applications are all open and ready for new team members! Community Management is also open with Scribe and Jr. Prefect applications. Jr. Builder applications in the Build department and all Arithmancer applications in the Media department are open as well, so please take a look at the website for more information!

With so many applications open and so many changes in the departments, Potterworld’s staff community is looking strong! Every team is thriving under their new changes. Thanks go out to all of the teams and staff members for their hard work and adaptability. Once again, visit the website to view all applications, and good luck if you choose to apply. Have a lovely rest of your day!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Rising Healer Questline
Editorial
Written by x_Ivy
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Today, we will be discussing some new and interesting content that was recently released on the server. To be more specific, we'll be taking a look at the Rising Healer questline, and the revamp of the Merlin's Magical Hospital that's located in London. Without further ado, let's get into it!

The Rising Healer quest begins in your Third Year at Hogsworth. In this quest, you race on your broom with another student but you end up in the Hospital Wing after hitting your head while flying. In the Hospital Wing, you have to try and escape, making your way to a staircase at the end of the hall. Here, you meet a girl named Via, who’s looking to become a future healer. There are six quests to complete then, where you use your medi-pack that was given to you by Madam Lillian. The final quest takes place at the brand new building of Merlin’s Magical Hospital.

Merlin’s Magical Hospital is located in King’s Cross, London. The hospital's revamp includes NPCs, more detail to each floor level, and accessible rooms on each level. The different levels of the hospital are: the ground level, which is the receptionist, the first level, which is magical creature injuries, the second level is illnesses, the third level is different poison types, the fourth level is spell damage, and the final level is a gift shop. The Rising Healer quest ties into Merlin's Magical Hospital by meeting someone in Shade Alley, where they attempt to steal from you and then injure you where you must go to the hospital. Once arriving at the hospital a nurse takes you to a room where you run into Via again, someone you haven’t seen since your sixth year at Hogsworth. Most of the rooms on each level have four to five beds. On each level, there are short-term and long-term wards. With the revamping, Merlin’s Magical Hospital has become a new location for in-game roleplay for the community.

That is everything we have for you today, we hope that you enjoyed learning about the new healer quest and the revamped Merlin’s Magical Hospital. This has been x_Ivy reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Quest-maniac Yoomi
Student Spotlight
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello my lovely readers, and welcome to the new and improved Student Spotlight column! With some recent changes in the Daily Diviner, the Student Spotlight section has been updated as well. Students may now submit their own responses on a google form (which is linked at the end of this article) to be featured in future issues.

Here is the first of the new spotlights: a player and staff member named Yoomi, who also goes by Alexa! They are a Serpent who has been playing Potterworld for five years now, which is an incredible amount of time. Let’s get into the questions.

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
As a long-term Harry Potter fan, I was interested to see if there were any Minecraft Servers related to the magical fantasy world. Lucky for me, Potterworld was the first to come up and thus I joined! A big reason I kept coming back was absolutely the friends I made early on. A lot of the events were also a huge motivator and super fun, but wouldn't have been the same without doing them with the friends I made along the way! Now I just find it a routine part of my life, especially with being a staff member. It's still just as fun, though!
Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
I don't have any crazy goals for myself on Potterworld, but I do want to complete all of the quests available and then max out the reputation in the towns!
What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
A normal day on Potterworld for me probably looks like briefly saying hi in chat and then seeing if I have any work to do for my Department. If I don't have anything to do I typically do some quests, as I already had most of them unlocked since I was a Graduate when they initially released.
Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
Yes, I do! My favorite activity on Potterworld would have to be either doing quests around the world or talking to players in chat. It's so fun to see what everyone has to say about the server, and I especially love the variety of missions available in each town.
What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
I think my favorite location(s) on the map would be the House Common Rooms or the House Lounges in Hogsend! These have got to be my favorite places because I love seeing the House representation and the different personalities that come with them.
If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
Not to promote, but I think one thing I'd recommend is to try and join the staff team! There's a lot of amazing work that happens for the server as well as some really unique technological and leadership skills you can learn along the way. However, if you're not interested in that I think exploring the entire world would be a great recommendation, as there are so many beautiful builds.
Their passion for quests and Potterworld itself is admirable. A big thank you to Alexa for sharing their experience and love for Potterworld. It is always a pleasure to learn more about the members of the community. If you’d like a chance to be in a future edition of the Daily Diviner, consider filling out the form for yourself! As always, have a great rest of your day!

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Wondrous Watermelon Madness
Lifestyle
Written by MamaDuckie
Edited by Calliequeen

Summer is drawing to a close, dear readers, and with it, the warm months and days spent on the beach will also disappear. In just a few short weeks some of the sweetest summer treats won’t be in season anymore. To make the most of these last few weeks of warm weather, I’ve prepared a delectable article full of treats based on the number one fruit of the season… watermelon!

Barbecuing is one of the most popular activities of summer. Grilling up hamburgers and hotdogs with friends and family over the weekend is always a hit! To make those moments even sweeter, try adding slices of watermelon to the grill for dessert. You can even add some spices to make it more interesting like red pepper flakes or sea salt flakes!

If grilled and spicy isn’t your cup of tea, try dipping your watermelon in melted chocolate. You can dice it up and cover the whole chunk or use the rind as a sort of handle to eat it with. Using milk, white and dark chocolate can change the flavor of your new treat, so don’t forget to experiment! Additionally, freezing the chocolate-covered watermelon makes for a wonderfully tasty frozen treat. Just like when you make it grilled, adding some spices on top will give every piece a unique flavor.

Fruit salad is a fantastic way to eat watermelon. You can easily make each bowl of it exactly to your liking. Add whatever fruit you would like to it, like strawberries, kiwi, or even bananas! A little bit of honey or mint on top will go a long way and leave you feeling refreshed. If you’re feeling creative, try cutting the fruits into different shapes to make eating it that much more fun!

Diced up too much fruit for your fruit salad? Pick out the watermelon and blend it up! Pour the mixture into ice pop molds, then add the diced fruit before freezing it for a healthy ice pop! Alternatively, you can freeze the blended watermelon and diced fruit into ice cubes to put into your cucumber water to add a sweet surprise to your refreshing drink!

Last, but certainly not least, pizza is always tasty! However, in the summer, heating up the oven isn’t something anyone looks forward to. Instead, take your watermelon and cut it up into triangular slices. Using honey as a sort of edible glue, add some of your favorite fruit on top to make the most colorful and sweet pizza ever! Each slice can be as unique and different from each other as you’d like. The best part about watermelon pizza? Pineapple as a topping is encouraged and no one can tell you otherwise!

Clearly, watermelon is the perfect dish or side dish for any summer culinary adventure! It can be used in so many different recipes - savory or sweet! There’s sure to be even more recipes out there you can find to make. What unique recipe for watermelon can you come up with?

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Town Tours: Ireland
Miscellaneous
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by snotflower

Hello lovely readers! Are you ready for our next town tour? This week, we are exploring Ireland and the town of Kilkenny! It’s a long journey from the Daily Diviner headquarters in London to Ireland. I had to take Anya’s boat in Wigtown, where I may have got a little seasick, yet the gorgeous sites that awaited me made the journey worth it. Ireland is full of colourful houses, beautiful and terrifying magical creatures, and hidden secrets. Each of these things makes Ireland a sight to behold.

There are many tales about Ireland’s founding. Some mention that the Tuatha dé Danann and the Fomorians founded and fought over its land. Others claim that King Arthur established it when he placed a castle in the heart of Ireland. No one knows for sure who founded it, yet the stories are detailed and captivating.

There are stories of giants, known as Fomorians, that used to terrorise the townspeople, known as the Tuatha dé Danann, until an Unmagical hero named Tristan rose to defend them. Using a magical sword called the Angren Sword, Tristan was able to defeat the giants. The sword, however, was destroyed in battle, and the castle was left in ruins. There was only one part of the sword that could be salvaged - the Opal Eye. The Opal Eye was stored inside the lighthouse, where it has remained for many centuries. Unfortunately, there is still one last living Fomorian called Irgoll, who returns once a year to consume a town resident. This continues to cause a lot of grief each year, knowing that one neighbour will be sacrificed.

The first buildings that were constructed in Kilkenny were the church and the lighthouse. The lighthouse itself was used as a storage place for centuries. Today, it is filled with over a century’s worth of trinkets, boxes, crates, and other miscellaneous items. It makes the lighthouse a hassle to navigate. Years later, the castle ruins were also made into an arena for the townspeople to play or observe their favourite sport – Quabbleball. Much of the town spends their free time playing Quabbleball, having formed several child and adult leagues. They even have a leatherworker in town that makes the balls out of a rare Witherwood Elk’s skin.

During the summer months, many people travel here for some peace and quiet. However, if you venture outside of town, you may meet some dangerous creatures. Depending on which direction you go, you may wander into Treants, Leprechauns, Mermaids, or even Swooping Deaths, each of which is difficult to handle on your own.

Currently, some townspeople have put out advertisements, looking for assistance. There is an Old Woman who has taken to the streets, asking any and every traveller who arrives in Kilkenny if they will be the town’s champion. Additionally, there are rumours that sailors have disappeared while searching for the treasures in the Mermaid Caves. A girl named Pearl has made it her personal mission to find the Siren that takes these people and defeat it, but she needs help. Who will rise to the challenge?

Ireland and the town of Kilkenny are absolutely gorgeous; however, they can also be very dangerous. If you are the kind of person that is always up for an adventure or want to prove yourself to be a hero, this town may be for you! I personally would give this town a 9 out of 10 rating. The townspeople have many tales to tell, and the land is dripping with living stories and hidden secrets. Keep an eye out for our next edition, where we will be visiting another town. In the meantime, have a magical day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Status