DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Miscellaneous

Looking Ahead to 2023!
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

After a long, memorable twelve months, 2022 is over. We’re now welcoming 2023, and it’s going to be a big year for Potterworld! Just like in years past, the staff team will be hard at work making sure the server runs as smoothly as possible for players. It’s a mystery what will come in the next year! To shed some light on the future and the thoughts of the staff team, I was given the opportunity to speak to some of the Heads of the staff departments. Here is what they had to say:

2022 has come to a close for Potterworld! Now that it’s the start of 2023, where is your department headed in the first months?
Head of Media, Ralie (Em): This year in Media, we’re looking to improve the functioning of our teams to make the department even better! We will be making internal changes and putting out more high-quality content. We will especially be focusing on the TikTok and figuring out what our videos will be like!
Head of Academics, zachmath15 (Zach): The Academics department is beginning the new year by keeping up the good work. They've done a spectacular job throughout 2022 and I am so psyched to see them continue. There are many members working on projects, including interactive lesson plans through Class Design, and I'm sure they will deliver in a big way.
Head of Build, PotatoEmma (Emma): In the first months of 2023, the first thing we’re looking at will of course be the Valentine’s event! We’re very excited about this year’s build and think the players will enjoy it a lot. It’s different from the builds in the past years, so we hope the players will enjoy the build as much as we enjoyed building it. Stay tuned!
Head of Community Management, EricaEH (Erica): To start off the new year, the CM department is hoping to continue improving player experience - this means working to produce more store releases that cater to our player bases' wants as well as having our moderation and scribe teams assisting (and making content) that increases the enjoyability of the server for everyone!
Head of Technology & Development, Alexstraza14 (Alexis): The Grounds Keeper and Poltergeist teams are excited to begin testing the content for this year's events, as well as the new quests for Woodshire! The developers are hard at work towards bringing 1.16 to Potterworld! We are also looking to implement small improvements throughout the entire department to strengthen our teams.
What are you hoping to see your department accomplish throughout the year?
Em: I am hoping to see my department get more creative credit for the amazing content they put on the server. The Media team members are amazingly talented & deserve the spotlight! I’d also like to see community members get back into rendering and other forms of art, since it’s always great to see what people come up with.
Zach: I'd love to see the Academics department continue to keep up their hard work, as well as finish some of the awesome projects they have been working on lately. They all have fantastic ideas, and I know that there are some great projects in store that the players will love to see throughout the Arena and Academics live events!
Emma: As every year, we hope to keep releasing high quality builds, be it minigame maps, updates of outdated world map builds, or event-related builds. We hope to release more builds to fill up the world map, so players have more sights to see while exploring the world. This is something we’ve wanted to do for a long time, but we hope to actually realize the goal of adding more builds to the map in 2023, even if it’s just some minor builds! However, above all, we hope to keep having fun as a team and to make sure the players can keep enjoying our builds! Those two things are what Potterworld is really about.
Erica: CM Leadership is looking forward to continuing to bridge the thoughts of players to the staff team and executing such thoughts. We want to make sure that players know their ideas are welcome and help evolve the server, so we really would love to accomplish a greater transparency and communication across players and all of our teams.
Alexis: Our main goals are to continue to help ensure the delivery of quality and bug-free content through testing, to continue to process player feedback in an efficient manner, and we want to make significant progress with our 1.16 upgrade. Though do note, there is a good chance 1.16 is not yet ready this year.
How are you hoping to see your department teams grow?
Em: I want my department to grow in many ways! Of course, I would like for some of our teams to gain more members, but I’d mainly like our teams to become more efficient and to see new ideas from our members. I’d also like to see the Media team members continue to grow creatively!
Zach: I am hoping to see my teams grow closer together and to continue to work as a unit. The Academics department has always been great at teamwork, and everyone is always able to rely on each other. I am sure that the team will continue to grow and improve together, and I can't wait to see what they do throughout the upcoming year.
Emma: As a team, we could always improve our building skills, although I dare say we already have amazingly talented builders! We hope 1.16 will be released on Potterworld in 2023, as this would give us many new blocks to build with, thus creating many new opportunities for us as builders. There is, however, a real chance we won't actually get 1.16 yet in 2023, so we might need to wait a little longer to receive the new blocks. We also hope to see our team join in a literal sense, meaning we hope to have new builders join our team. We’re always looking for new builders, so applications are currently open for players who would like to improve their building skills in a fun and dedicated team on a server with an amazing player base. That is definitely also a goal for 2023: to keep having fun as a team and to make sure the players can keep enjoying our builds!
Erica: CM hopes to see each of our teams continue to grow closer together as a community. We want to make sure everyone on the team enjoys each other’s company and are having a great time as friends, as this will boost how we work together as a team and benefits the server overall! We also look forward to growing our team’s numbers and welcoming new individuals - our new team members always leave a lasting contribution to improving our department.
Alexis: We're always looking for new people to help strengthen our teams! We also hope to release some new developer apps in the future.
What are you, personally, looking forward to in your department the most this year?
Em: I personally am looking forward to trying new things in Media and working with the amazing Media leadership team to have a great year filled with successes. I also am excited to see what the Media team members do this year!
Zach: I am most excited to see the results of all of the projects that the Academics members are working on. All of their plans and ideas have been great, and I can't wait to see them come to fruition. They work super hard on all of their projects and on their hosting of our live events, and I'm sure we will all be pleased to see what they come up with!
Emma: Even though it has just ended, I’m always looking forward to the Winter Waltz event! It’s my favourite time of the year, and it’s always very challenging to create a new wizarding school from the ground up and to finish it in time for implementation. I enjoy how the team comes together during the holiday season, whether it’s to work on the Winter Waltz event or just to enjoy each other’s company in a voice chat. I can’t wait to find out what we’ll be building for the next Winter Waltz event, but until then I’m very excited for other events as well, like May the Fourth and Halloween.
Erica: Personally, I’m very much looking forward to the new content that will be released this year both in terms of our exciting store release items and our new wiki pages from the scribe team. I’m particularly excited for our store releases for each of the upcoming holidays this year - they’re always super exciting!
Alexis: 1.16 is of course a big one. This is a massive undertaking. Not just the developer side, but also for all other teams. Once we managed to properly convert everything, we still need to do a lot of testing. While big, it is definitely a fun job that opens up a lot of opportunities for all departments.
That concludes our interview! Speaking with the Heads is always a treat and hearing about their hopes for the new year is certainly exciting. A huge thank you to each of them for taking the time to respond! If you’re interested in joining the staff team, every department is currently open for applications. Jr. Builder, Class Helper, Jr. Game Designer, Arithmancer, and Poltergeist applications are just some of the few positions available at the moment, and there are many more. Check out the PotterworldMC website for more information! Have a great start of the year!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Crystalised Store Releases
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

Welcome to a new year and new Daily Diviner Editorial article! With our winter hiatus, we’ve dropped a bit behind in keeping fresh news rolling, and it’s time to catch up. The biggest hit in the past month was the Winter Waltz at Silvermorne, but we enjoyed that for an entire month. It’d be surprising if you didn’t hear about it. Our delightful topic for this issue is no other than the Winter and Aurora Borealis Store Releases! Let’s not waste any more time and get this review rolling.

Starting with the December release, we were blessed with many accessories for the Masquerade Ball. Titled the Winter Store Releases, the Store Team ensured we were dressed to impress. Eight different themed masks provided flexibility for any outfit you’d be wearing to the waltz.

A group of four masks were designed to match the Silvermorne Houses. If you attended the Masquerade Ball, you undoubtedly noticed how stunning they were. While all eight masks are thrilling, these four take the cake in my book.

The Berrora mask was a dazzling rendition of its House. With a steel base, the Steel Beaver Mask has gold that curls around its edges to create magnificent swirls. Rose-like ears sit atop its peak, with sharp teeth poking out from its mouth.

The Flame Warbler Mask best represents the Tuilawan House. It's composed of bold white material and brilliant streaks of oranges around the eyes down to the beak. The feather-like details that adorn its surface cause one's fingers to warm at the touch.

The Shadow Fox Mask is one like no other. There’s no doubt in its relation to the mysterious shadow wolf Resaye. As I paid my visit to the ballroom, I was startled whenever I made eye contact with one of its wearers. With its stormy colours and scowling face, the dancers behind this mask seem as dark as their counterparts.

The Sandy Hare Mask is my favourite of the entire release. The soft golden colour and intricate designs show the elegance of the Yantatte. The sandy-brown accents entwine the beauty into its soft and lovely appearance.

The other half of the Winter Store Releases brought classy options for the more Hogsworth-loyal visitors. The Ruby Phoenix Mask brings striking reds and blacks to the dance floor with realistic feathers. The Midnight Jester Mask instead draws the eyes of others with its twinkling bells and bold statements. With its wings spread, the breathtaking Azure Butterfly Mask redefined “enchanting” this winter. Last but not least, the mystical Golden Deer Mask brought haunting mysteries to the ballroom.

The January release was titled the Aurora Borealis Store Releases. While it was the smallest one we’ve received in a while, it was impressive beyond belief. The attention to detail and graceful designs are setting this year up for a fantastic line of new cosmetics.

The Arctic Fox’s detail is a grand continuation of the pets we received this past summer. As both a pet and a Guardian, this mystifying canine can join you on any adventure you set your heart on. With a coat as white as snow, it’s tempting not to scoop it up and cuddle into its soft fur.

For the Aurora Staff, I don’t believe I’ve seen a more beautiful staff. Colour drifts from the handle to its fiery lights, which leaves me memorised for hours. Though fire is fire – I may be magical, but I don’t think I could stop it from burning my hands a bit! We may be in Scotland, but the North Pole seems to be knocking on our door with this staff. It is truly dazzling.

These wintery releases have painted me impressed. The Store Team has once again provided exciting and fashionable cosmetics for us to buy and wear. It leaves me wondering what they have prepared for the February release in just two weeks. I’m lacking in my Valentine’s Day outfits, so I’m hoping to find some cute items! Of course, a hearty thank you to both the Artworkers and the Store Team. I can’t wait to see what they have planned for this year!
aurora.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Monarch of Imagination BlackstarVicktra
Student Spotlight
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by littledead

Hello, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner’s Student Spotlight! Since Potterworld’s creation, many players have done amazing things on the server. One example is BlackstarVicktra, someone with an extensive imagination brought out by the community.

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
I was drawn to it because I was looking for an immersive Harry Potter themed Minecraft server. Wanted to really delve deep into life in the Wizarding World. What keeps me coming back is the feeling of home, nostalgia. Feels like I am in a really safe space where I can let my imagination flow.

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
I do have one goal to be a professor eventually. Inspire others to expand their horizons.

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I have not had any specific accomplishment, besides becoming a graduate.

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
A normal day starts with logging on, checking in on friends and the chat. Then it's onwards to exploring, finding new things. Which is always a highlight, getting to see what all the world has to offer. Take up a couple of quests. In the middle of all of this, attending classes and challenges. Just all in all, having a very nice time.

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite thing to do is go to the classes. It just feels like it's more immersion into the world, and feeling like I'm actually in there. Working towards becoming a great wizard.

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
Favorite location will always have to be Hogsworth. It's home. It's a place of wonder, imagination, and inspiration. It's where we all start our great adventure to greater things.

If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
I would recommend trying out Potterworld for the sheer size and scale alone! So many things to do, and there's never a boring moment. Whether it be from quests, from classes, from challenges, or even funny moments in the chat. Making friends is also an incredible aspect. You find people from all different walks of life and it's lovely to experience.

Do you have anything else to add?
Thank you development team, academics team, and all those who play the game! Without you all, the magic wouldn't be there. Thank you all for your hard work!

Thank you, and congratulations to BlackstarVicktra for becoming this issue’s Student Spotlight! If you have done or are working towards something amazing, fill in the form below, and we may feature you in a future column. Until then, thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and we’ll see you next time!
blackstar.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Things You and Your Pet Can Do Inside Together
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by snotflower

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Lifestyle column! A lot of people have pets that they love to spend time with, but it may be too cold to play with them outside. Worry not! Today I will be giving you things you could do when you are inside with your pets during the winter.

Everyone loves cuddling with their pets, and what is a better time than when you are inside during the winter, on the couch? Another comfy place could be your bed! You could turn on a movie as you do so, listen to some music, or just take a nap together! Cuddling with a pet is a great way to bond with them, and show them you love them! Cuddling with your pet is known to increase the happiness of both you and your pet, and can build trust.

Not in the mood to cuddle but still want to do something with your pet? There is always the option to bring out the good old toy chest and grab something from there! There are so many possibilities for how you can play with your pet! Playing with your pet is such an important part of owning a pet. Staying cooped up inside is just as boring for your pets as it is for you, so it's always a good thing to keep them occupied. Playing with your pet can also release stress!

Toys can be multiple things, especially since there are a lot of different pets people can own. Some of the most popular toys that we all might know are a ball, a laser pointer, a hamster ball, cat toys, a stuffed animal that you can have them bring to you, catnip, chew toys and more!

You could also teach them new tricks or practice ones they were taught in the past. To motivate them, I would recommend giving them a small treat. You could teach your pet to sit, play dead, roll over, lay down, stay, jump, turn around in a circle and more!

Thank you for reading this Lifestyle article! I hope you all liked it and that it helped you find things at home to do with your pet! See you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

I-Spy, You Search
Lifestyle
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower

Hello, witches and wizards of Potterworld! Today I’m bringing you a fun little game. Here’s how the game will work: I’m going to describe what something in the Great Hall looks like, and then you will try to find it. For example, I-spy with my little eye…. Something…. Tall and red. If you listen closely you may be able to hear the sound of something dropping. Now, try to find it.

If you thought that it was the Griffin Hourglass, you were correct. See how it works? The answers will be at the bottom of the article. Have fun searching!

Here’s the first one. Hmm… I-spy with my little eye…. Something…. Tall and golden. There are technically two of them.

I-spy with my little eye…. Something…. Small and brown. It could talk to you all day.

I-spy with my little eye…. Something…. Gold and green. It may be a bit warm if you touch it.

I-spy with my little eye…. Something…. Blue and long. It’s soft to the touch, though you wouldn’t normally touch it.

Here’s the last one! I-spy with my little eye…. Something…. Green and bright. If you walk up to it, you will be very warm.

That’s all of them. Take as much time as you need to find them; we’re in no rush. Oh, you’re done? Well, okay then! The answers will be placed in the paragraphs after this. Don’t spoil the answers for yourself or anyone else, because that’s no fun.

The first one was the Great Hall’s doors.

The second one was the Sorting Hat.

The third one was the Headmaster’s chair.

The fourth one was the Raven table runner.

The last one was the Fire Dust Fireplace.

I hope you had fun searching around the Great Hall! How many did you get correct? Thank you for reading one of this edition’s Lifestyle articles, and I hope to see you at the next edition.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

It's in the Stars: Aries, Taurus, Gemini
Miscellaneous
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

Hello, Daily Diviner. My name is Seer Magnolia. The moons are in agreement, allowing me to grace your presence. I shall guide you through your fortunes. Each being has been born under a watchful zodiac, and interpreting horoscopes gives light to each witch among us. This week, we’ll be visiting Aries, Taurus, and Gemini in the stars.

The stars align from March 21 to April 19 to give us the mysterious season of Aries.

Any witch who has met an Aries is sure to know their temperament. Their voices are strong with boldness and ambition. Mars brings energy and temper to those he impacts. Passion flares through their blood, and Aries are impatient and don’t have time to think twice. Their spontaneity and eagerness may cause spinning heads, but they’re not afraid to leave you in the dust.

This calendar year, prepare to act on your desires, Aries. Love may be a long road, but the reward shall be grand. Career-wise, expect profits and advancements. The gods are on your side, and you will prosper, but you must remain grounded.

The blessings will rain like dazzling blossoms as the year progresses. You had an easy-going start to this year with Mars in retrograde, though he recovered on January 12th. Jupiter will enjoy time in your house for the first few months. In his power and influence, assert yourself and benefit from the spoils. Await riches as Venus enters Taurus from mid-March to mid-April. Acting under April’s solar eclipse is best as the sky darkens within your house. Take your chances.

The stars stay in your favour as you face hardships. You’ll find that your family may pose an obstacle in your everyday life, but Chiron’s a mighty supporter and has wisdom to share. You cannot avoid the hurt in the world, but it’ll be beneficial to address it. Remember your greatness, and you will not fail.

April 20 to May 20 is the season of the grand Taurus.

Taurus is the laid-back sign of the zodiac. Venus makes relaxation and stability its priority and thrives on its resilience. As an Earth sign, Tauruses are grounded in reality. They’re ambitious, hardworking, and take challenges by the horns. If seeking a friend, you’ll want a Taurus, as their loyalty is unbreaking.

Tauruses will see beauty if the stars so decide. You must escape your shell to enjoy romantic love. You’ll find new opportunities and riches, though you must be patient, even if it is against your nature. Don’t rush into false promises. Hold tight, and you’ll be rewarded at the year's end.

You must be ready for the unexpected, Tauruses. Saturn promises available career opportunities at the start of March. Trust your heart to lead you, whether for comfort or money. Jupiter will visit your house from May to the end of the year, and with him comes happiness. When Venus retrogrades in late July, she may send an ex-lover back to you. Stay strong, Tauruses – remember why you were separated. However, the Sun enters Sagittarius in mid-November, and he’ll mix up your love life even more.

Uranus will be in your house throughout it all, causing a time of change. Remain steady during October as the full moon and solar eclipse team up to cause chaos. Don’t lose your composure.

Those born from May 21 to June 21 are Geminis.

Geminis are curious and playful witches with a knack for socialising. Their hyperactivity and ambition allow fun activities and chores to fill their plates. They’re often the party's light with their hospitality and witty commentary. With everything to distract them, they fail to hide their reactions when things go amiss. Still, they remain adaptable when things don’t go as planned.

Love may be low for you, Geminis, but don’t fear; potential romantic windfalls are scattered throughout the year. Putting all of yourself into your work will be rewarding. You’ll be sure to gain recognition and be paid well for it. Though nothing is certain, luck is in your favour.

Saturn has entered Aquarius and will be visiting until mid-March. He’ll lend great assistance in helping narrow down your morals and goals. The Sun and Mars will significantly influence your season as we progress into the end of May. The Sun promises a beautiful celebration of your birth, while Mars demands you to indulge in your love life. You deserve success, and you should bask in it. While your relationships may seem rocky, when the Sun enters Libra in late September, you’ll find they’ll become stable once again.

While Mercury is no stranger to retrograde, he will face four this calendar year. Keep your communication strong and head steady, Geminis. You handle his brashness every year; you surely can take him now.

As the gods and their companions travel the sky, each day will bring something new. Lean into astrology; it’ll gift you secrets no other divination can. If you seek further questions or conference, simply address your letters to “Seer Magnolia”, and the stars will direct your owls to my post. Stay magical, my loves.
ygBCjaG.png

Status