DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Miscellaneous

Revisiting Past Valentine’s Events
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello readers, and welcome to an exciting edition of the Daily Diviner! With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, so too is Potterworld’s yearly Valentine’s celebration. The events in the past have always been focused on bright builds and love-filled quests. While we wait for this year’s Valentine’s Event, let’s take a look back at some of the events from the past and what made them so special.

Nearly three years ago in 2020, Potterworld hosted the “Travel to Underland” Valentine’s Event. In this event, players traveled to the magical land of Underland, a world made up of dreams and fantasies. At the center of the world was the evil Queen of Hearts and her castle, and players were tasked with gathering materials to craft the mythical Love Staff. This staff was the only way to enter the Queen’s castle and challenge her to a duel.

Throughout this quest, players explored the kingdom and the castle grounds. As for rewards, the Love Staff was easily one of the best. It was well worth the trouble to craft it. I have some fond memories from this event!

2021’s Valentine’s Event was themed around fairytales! Titled “Valentine’s in the Enchanted Valley”, this event tasked players with collecting Storybook Pages to unlock main quests. Each quest was themed around helping fairytale characters solve their problems.

The backdrop for this event was the Enchanted Valley, a lovely town of magic and references to fairytale stories. The twisting streets and quaint houses were the best parts of this build. The town square was the center of the build, and like all events, there were plenty of rewards to be found. Two new emotes, “Wherefore Art Thou” and “Bippidi Bobbidi Boo”, were made available, and the Scarf of Friendship is a classic treasure from this event. This event started off 2021 right.

Just last year in 2022 was the “Havoc in Hellas” Valentine’s Event. For this event, players were sent to the magical islands of Kalphos, where Ancient Greece was brought to life. The Labyrinth beneath the island hid a monster in its maze, and players descended into the Labyrinth to complete the main quest. After the Labyrinth, players participated in a House Point competition to offer the most Drachma to the gods Poseidon, Hades, and Zeus.

The build of the event was the main attraction. The build team outdid themselves on the details of the temples, islands, and towns. The island of Kalphos was decorated in mythology references, with the Temple of Aphrodite at the center of it all. Around said temple were reward stands, where players could buy rewards such as Icarus’ Wings and Eros’ very own bow with Event Tokens. In my opinion, this was one of the best events of 2022.

What did you think? For some, this might bring back some memories. For others, this was your first look at some of the old Valentine’s Events on Potterworld. Either way, we’re all here now, simultaneously looking forward to the 2023 Valentine’s Event. What could the staff team have in store for us? Keep an eye out on the PotterworldMC website and Discord for more information coming soon. Have a happy February!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Recent Gameplay Updates
Editorial
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello dear readers and welcome to the Editorial column! As always, the staff departments have been hard at work in these first few months of the new year. Recently, we’ve had three new updates to Potterworld. What are they, how have they impacted the server, and what should you think about them? Let’s take a look.

First up is the brand-new Victory Point Shop. This shop spawned from the very first Shop Competition, which allowed players to vote on a shop that they wanted to be implemented into Potterworld. This shop is located on the streets of Tristmoor. If you wander around this quaint town, you’ll find a signpost pointing up a set of stairs. Ascend, and you’ll enter the Victory Point.

This little shop is decorated with plenty of trinkets and random odds and ends. The clerk, Prim Katan, offers a wide variety of useful items for playing with friends! There are several different dice sets offered, each with a different number of sides, perfect for playing a fantasy choose-your-adventure game. This shop is also selling minifigure pouches! You can purchase these to open a randomly-generated minifigure to use alongside your new dice.

This new shop competition system is an excellent idea, and this first shop is unlike anything we’ve ever seen before. I’m excited to see what players will do with these new roleplaying tools. I can’t wait to see if there will be another shop competition in the future!

On the other side of the departments, as is becoming usual, the Build Team has released their new minigame map rotations for the season. I love seeing all of the new and returning maps when playing minigames. The Build Team never fails to surprise!

There are two new maps available for minigames. The first is Ireland, a map for Melting Floor. This map is a wonderful addition to the rotation, spicing up this classic minigame with another town scenery. The second is Hogsworth Adventures, a map from Hide and Seek. There are also some returning maps, such as the Greenhouses in Melting Floor, Journey to Hogsworth in Flying, and Hogsend in Hide and Seek. Map rotations keep the minigames fresh, and this rotation is no exception. Keep an eye out for both the new builds and the returning maps as you play your daily round of minigames!

The final gameplay update we’ve had is the Woodshire Pre-release Quest. Woodshire is the next step in Potterworld’s future, and this quest is just a taste of what the Game Design Department has planned. The quest is called “A Puzzling Patient”, located in Hogsworth Castle on the second floor in the Magical Professions classroom. This quest starts with an excursion to Merlin’s Magical Hospital. Follow your classmates to the hospital, and begin the quest. The Game Design team has plans to release hints and clues towards a new release related to this quest. Be sure to look out for more information on further updates!

It looks like this year is starting off strong! I can’t wait to see what the rest of the months bring. Please stay tuned and keep playing to find out what updates are planned for the future!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Quabbleball Prodigy TallBlondeDude
Student Spotlight
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by Calliequeen

Hiya lovely readers! Student Spotlight is the portion of Daily Diviner that focuses on the lovely students of Hogsworth. Each edition features a different student and interesting facts about them. This edition’s Student Spotlight focuses on TallBlondeDude, who has been on Potterworld for six years!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
Originally my IRL friends invited me, causing me and my brother to get invested. As time went on I made friends and joined the more competitive communities of Quabbleball and Arena, leading to a whole network of people who keep me coming back.

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
Winning a dueling tourney would be cool someday, that always seemed like such a pipedream before - it’s still a long shot, but with the right team you never know ;)

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I am known mostly among the more competitive communities, where I am good at flying and quabbleball and decent at dueling. I’ve won a handful of tourneys and am #2 on the QB lb. Beyond that I own the best guide on the server (in my biased opinion) The Flyers Alliance - the biggest and dare I say the most active guild.

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
Lots of dueling, chatting, and minigames. To be honest, most of my time is spent afking in a minigame queue, attending a dueling/flying class, or a challenge.

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
My all time favorite has got to be Quabbleball. I love the higher level games, where its multiple good players versus each other, and the cool dynamics and tactics that evolve. I could talk your ears off on this topic, so if you ever want to know more about QB strats feel free to reach out!

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
The Great hall/courtyard will always be special for me, in memory of all those years spent pre-revelious just running around that area with everyone else, before the map was so big causing people to spread out.

If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
Try out one of the competitive modes! In my opinion it’s the best endgame content the server offers, and it is a great way to make new friends. A good way to start is to practice in the flying minigame or going to the dueling halls and ask to duel, or even better ask a good dueler to teach you - Almost every good dueler I know is more than happy to help someone get into the activity. And don’t forget quabbleball, it *will* be overwhelming in your first game, but stick with it and it’s totally worth it.

Do you have anything else to add?
If you ever need help with someone that I can help with feel free to reach out, but if you whisper me and I don’t respond I'm likely afk in a minigame queue, so discord at Tall#0914 is by far the most reliable way to get in contact with me - dont be a stranger :)

TallBlondeDude has been an amazing addition to Potterworld’s environment, and we can’t wait to see what the future awaits. If you want an article dedicated to you and your Potterworld endeavors be sure to fill out the Student Spotlight form below. Thank you for reading this edition’s Student Spotlight!
oZIu0I6.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Chocolate Food Recipes!
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by littledead

Hello dear readers of the Daily Diviner, and welcome to the first Lifestyle article of this issue! For the food recipes this time, I decided to go with chocolate recipes! I will be giving a few ideas for recipes that include chocolate in them!

The first recipe is something that I’ve always loved as a child, and I still do; chocolate-covered strawberries! This recipe is really easy to make since all you need is a pan, some chocolate, a glass bowl, a plate or bowl, and strawberries.

Step 1: Put the water-filled pan on the fire and boil it.

Step 2: Place the glass bowl on top of the pan and put the chocolate in, melting the chocolate with steam to make sure it doesn’t get burned!

Step 3: Once the chocolate has melted, take a strawberry and dip it in, covering it with how much chocolate you want before you put it on a plate or inside a bowl.

Step 4: When you have finished covering all of your strawberries, put the plate or bowl in the fridge to let the chocolate harden around the strawberry, and let it cool down. Another option is to just eat them after dipping them in the chocolate if that is the preference!

Step 5: Take the strawberries out of the fridge and they are ready to eat!

Now, this recipe is simple to make since most of the boxes contain most of the ingredients and instructions for this recipe; chocolate cookies!

Step 1: Warm up the oven to the right temperature , since you bake the cookies at 375 degrees!

Step 2: Mix all of the ingredients together. The order does not matter since it will be mixed together either way.

Step 3: Now that you have all of the main ingredients mixed, you have the choice to add chocolate chips inside of them, which I would do since you can never have enough chocolate!

Step 4: When you have the shapes of your cookies on the cooking tray, put them in the oven and begin baking them!

Step 5: Now by this time they will be done, which should be after 12 - 15 minutes. Let them cool off until they are ready to be eaten!

The third and last recipe is; brownies! I haven’t made these since I was a child, but I’ve always loved eating them! Just like the last recipe, the box comes mostly with all of the ingredients needed, and the instructions.

Step 1: Warm up the oven and set up everything needed for once you start baking them after you are done mixing all of the ingredients.

Step 2: Mix the ingredients in a bowl and make sure to add the right amounts while doing so.

Step 3: When ready, pour the mix inside of brownie shapes.

Step 4: Put them in the oven and start baking! The oven will be at 350 degrees and they will need to be baked for 25 - 30 minutes.

Step 5: When the brownies are done, let them cool off before you cut them into little cubes and put them on a plate. After that they are ready for you to eat!

Thank you all for reading this article! I hope you all have a good day and that you found some recipes in here to try for yourselves, I know I will! See you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Perfect Gifts for Valentine’s Day
Lifestyle
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by littledead

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Lifestyle Column. Valentine’s Day is the time of year to celebrate your loved ones, whether that be a partner, friend, or family member! However, many people are not sure what to get others as everyone is different. Not to fear, the Daily Diviner has your back!

If nothing specific comes to mind, you can always get the classics! A bouquet of flowers is great for people that love nature or bright colors. For your adventurous sweet tooths, a box of chocolate is a sugary snack for a cozy day. Most people appreciate hand-made cards as well, so get out your paper and drawing utensils!

Many people value experiences over items. If your loved one loves the outdoors, take them on a hike through the woods or a mountain. Movies or theater shows are great for those who want to watch a fantastical adventure without having to get up. Whether they like art, history, or fossils, there is nothing boring about a museum!

What would be useful on a beautiful, rainy day? Bookworms would likely appreciate a new novel to read while listening to raindrops hit the window. For creative minds, there’s nothing better than a puzzle to jog their brains. Video games are great for those who want to find a way to entertain themselves for a long period of time.

Although finding the perfect gift might take some time, or even seem impossible, there is something for everyone. Different people like different things, and that’s okay. No matter who you get a present for, know that it will be truly magical. Thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a fantastical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

It’s In The Stars: Cancer, Leo, Virgo
Miscellaneous
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower

Hello there! I see you’ve come to find out what your Horoscope year will look like, and I’m just the girl. My name is Magnolia, and I’m the best Seer on Potterworld. Some may argue otherwise, but I advise you to ignore them.

Astrology and horoscopes can be confusing, but I can make it simple for you. To put it simply, astrology is a type of divination that includes predicting human or world events by keeping an eye on the Sun, Moon, planets, and stars. Horoscopes aren’t much different; they are based on the stars and planets at the time of a person’s birth.

This week we’ll be visiting Cancer, Leo, and Virgo in the stars. If you’re not one of them, you can keep reading, but the information will be of no use. Without further ado, will the first sign please step up?

Ah, you’re a Cancer? Right, so Cancers are born between June 21st and July 21st. You’re typically very emotional, homey, and comforting. Your sign is ruled by the Moon. You’re also a water sign which means that you’re deep, emotional, and borderline psychic.

Hm… let's see. I’m sensing that this year you’re going to have more opportunities to open up, meet new people, and draw more attention to yourself. I would recommend that you do so. It’s not a bad thing. I’m also sensing that your romantic life this year will start a bit rocky, but as the year progresses it will get a bit better. Mid-March is when you’ll be offered more dependable, loyal, and trustworthy partners.

It seems as though the year will take a turn, and you may end up struggling with your job. If you do end up struggling with your work life, just remember that it will get better eventually.

Unfortunately, it seems as though your time has run out. Please stay safe this year and embrace the attention that you’re given. With that being said, would the next person please come up?

Interesting, you’re a Leo? I love fire signs. In case you didn’t know, Leos are born between July 23rd and August 22nd. Leos such as yourself are very passionate, loyal, and dramatic in all of the best ways.

Your ruling planet is the Sun, which makes sense considering you’re a fire sign. Fire signs are known to be bold, creative, and daring, which is precisely why I love them so much. Right, onto your horoscope.

This year you should expect many ups and downs, but eventually the good will outweigh the bad. You will experience good luck with finances, your love life, education, and even your career in 2023. However, you may encounter issues with your mentor or teachers and may run into issues with your family.

Do you have to go? Please don’t. I could go on and on about your horoscope all day. Well, if you must. Good luck with your year and be cautious. Would the next person in line please come on up?

Oh yes, you’re an earth sign, aren’t you? How did I know? Well, it’s not the most subtle thing in the world. Sit, sit. I see… you’re a Virgo! Virgos are most commonly known as humble, practical, and industrious. Virgo’s ruling planet is Mercury, which I suppose does make quite a bit of sense. Virgo is, of course, an earth sign. Earth signs are typically practical, stable, and grounded.

This year is going to be relatively good for you. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be challenges, but you will get through what comes your way. This year will bring you good wealth, education, and business. Treat these blessings responsibly. Your family life may be a bit rocky towards the beginning of the year, but this will clear up by the end of the year.

With that being said, make sure you’re aware that not every battle is won and not every battle is lost. With every storm comes a rainbow, and this is important for you to remember throughout your struggles.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I'm very tired. Feel free to send me feedback or questions, and stay magical, folks. Until next time. Magnolia out!

Status