DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
An Invitation
Feature

Written by: MorganChi
Edited by: Polarxo
Hello readers, and welcome back to the newest edition of the Daily Diviner. This week’s feature article will be about Aviforma’s shocking trial and the Dark Follower’s unexpected invitation.

The final minutes of Aviforma’s trial for his crimes against the Ministry of Magicians were released on video to the public on March 8th, 2020. These crimes included causing public disorder, conspiring against the Ministry, and the assassination of Lauren Strudel. Aviforma was found not guilty for the first two crimes. But, just before the jury could come to their verdict on Aviforma’s final crime, the trial was cut short when interrupted by three Dark Followers; Justin, Joel Crestello and Noah Pendragon. The first to speak was Justin, saying, “The trial ends now.” The audience, jury, and judge went into panic mode and were utterly confused. The Dark Followers announced to everyone that they had come to deliver a message, that the votes they had partaken in had been rigged. The Dark Followers told those at the trial that the Ministry of Magicians was weak, and a bunch of liars. They explained that the jury’s votes did not matter. They then set Aviforma free, and fled with him, but not before telling the attendees of the trial that they could follow the Dark Followers if they wished to seek redemption in their allegiance.

Following the release of the trial, on March 15th, 2020 the Dark Follower’s published a video of their own. It was titled, “A Dark Follower Invitation” and was just that - an invitation from the Dark Followers to join them and overthrow the Ministry of Magicians. They then announced an election for their new leader to take place on the 29th of March at 12PM PST at their headquarters. On that day, they will take a group of their most prominent members to fight and compete against one another to decide the next Dark Lord or Lady.

Are you interested in following the new Dark Lord or Lady? Or, are you choosing to side with our current means of government, the Ministry of Magicians? Whichever side you choose, good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Is House Pride Too Much Pride?
Editorial
Written by: ShaneChi
Edited by: MorganChi

Spring is in the air! As always, with Spring comes celebration! In the case of our dear youth at Hogsworth, the annual House Pride celebration is currently ongoing! To celebrate, the school staff is hosting a competition between the houses involving the accumulation of pride points! These points can be earned by students via several means, and the house with the most pride points at the end of the celebration is awarded 1,000 house points! Students also have the incentive of house-specific rewards to drive their competitive spirit, like scarves, banners, and various other trinkets! However, some individuals have questioned the integrity of an event dedicated to the pride of individual sects of the school. This spurs the question: Is house pride too much pride?

There are several benefits and potential dangers of a house pride celebration. In terms of pros, the obvious benefit is the bonds built between housemates, as well as individual house-pride brought on by the competition. Working together to accomplish a common goal also teaches our students the benefit of teamwork and the virtue of self-sacrifice for the greater good of a cause. However, there are some drawbacks to this. In particular, many individuals have expressed their concern that a house pride competition may accidentally build walls between students of different houses, leading to school infighting and anger. Some students have also expressed that they feel earning rewards only specific to their house is a waste of time and that it should instead be universal. Parents of Hogsworth attendees have even shown concern that their students may build up large egos from the event as a result of pride being taken too far. With all of these pros and cons in mind, we must now determine if the House Pride celebration is all that it’s cracked up to be.

Many individuals from all across the wizarding world have expressed their views on the House Pride event being hosted at Hogsworth. Some praise its unifying nature intended to build camaraderie between students, while others fear it may do more harm than good to our youth. However, I must personally stand with the Hogsworth staff on this matter. The House Pride event has been a staple of the school’s history for multiple years, and it has yet to show any signs of damaging school unity. It is not a crime to love one’s house, nor is it to teach children the values of teamwork and brotherhood. The Daily Diviner thanks its readers for their attention, wishes them a fantastic day, and reminds them to stay questioning!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Guide to your Perfect Broom
Games and Sports
Written by: AriaChi

Hello everyone and welcome back to another article of the Daily Diviner! Many of you might be new or fairly new and want to buy a broom or a better one. There are currently five brooms available for purchase on Potterworld: Bluebranch, Shinesweep, Meteor 500, Nimblemax 2000 and Fireflash. You can buy these brooms at the Broomstix store across the bank with unlimited uses! While you can’t use these in flying classes and flying challenges, they are very useful for learning to fly, practise Quabbleball and get around places quickly. But which broom should you choose?

The Bluebranch is the perfect broom for new players wanting to try out flying. This is because it is fairly slow making it a good pace for beginners. The speed also means you can practise tricky manoeuvers or demonstrate how you do certain things. As well as this, since it’s only 250 gold, it’s very affordable so you can buy other brooms afterwards when you have improved!

The Shinesweep: only 500 gold, but the broom is great for those who have tried flying before and may want to get better but also don’t want to spend all the assets you have on one broom. This broom can also be useful for players who don’t necessarily want to learn to fly but like to travel around some of the maps or locations quickly.

Valued at 1,000 gold, you can start going at a quicker speed with the Meteor 500, getting better at flying to the point that you may start placing in the top three of Flying classes, games and tournaments. This broom is also good with twists and turns, so if you’re interested in trying tricks that you might need in a game of quabbleball as well as practising flying, then this broom is for you!

Maybe you’ve given one of those brooms a go, or you know Quabbleball or Flying is something you are certain you want to commit to. If that’s the case, the Nimblemax 2000 may be the broom for you! It’s a little pricey at 1,500 gold but it’s definitely worth the price as you’d be able to start flying at an advanced level, speed your way to your desired location! From my personal experience, this has been a great broom to use as it’s a perfect speed and has helped me slowly improve my flying skills.

Last but not least, the Fireflash! This is the fastest broom there is and it will help you become as good as a flying champion, maybe even faster with lots of practise or natural talent. You can whizz around and become one of the best fliers the server has ever seen! The Fireflash is a popular broom for reasons like the exciting thrill of going uncontrollably fast to how effective it’s been in helping flying skills. Practising with this broom is guaranteed to make you a winner!

Has this helped you choose what broom you’d like? Do you think you should go with a different broom? If so, then go on and get your perfect broom!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
House Pride Interview
Lifestyle
Written by: Carolllyn
Edited by: MorganChi

Hello witches and wizards! Welcome back to another one of my lifestyle articles. House pride is in the air and each Serpent, Griffin, Raven, and Honeybadger is showing how much they love their house. A house pride event was recently released on Potterworld! It is a super cool build and a fun way to represent one’s house. My personal favorite part is the prizes, which are all house-specific. An article was direly needed to cover the event and how students are actively participating. So, I have invited a student from every house and conducted a house pride interview. Please welcome: TheSnowyRaptor, Sophia, Mr. Secret, and Chloe!

What is your favorite thing about your house and being a part of it?
TheSnowyRaptor: The people that are part of it. We share the same humour and we often laugh a lot in the class chat. We often take chest runs together or meet at certain places.
Sophia: My favorite part of being a Griffin would have to be the community. We speak quite often in our chats and always come together for tournaments and such. The house is extremely welcoming and kind. I’m grateful to be a Griffin again!
Mr. Secret: As part of the fabulous Raven house, I am really proud of it. Being in it means friends ready to help with every problem, especially connected to school. My favorite thing about my house is definitely the top students. Many students put a lot of effort into their assignments and get many house points.
Chloe: I haven't been in Honeybadgers for very long, however, everyone has been incredibly kind and welcoming when I decided to become a badger. I love how the house is like a family, always encouraging each other in-game and on discord; that probably is my favorite part.

How do you show your house pride?
TheSnowyRaptor: We show our house pride by helping out anyone we can! We're proud of being the serpents <3
Sophia: I demonstrate my house pride by earning as many house points possible. Currently, with the house pride tournament, I have been earning 200-500 pride points each day. To win the House Cup is a huge accomplishment, bringing Griffins together. To be a part of something special like this is absolutely incredible.
Mr. Secret: My house has already shown much pride. It's really hard to show it in a new and unique way. I am trying my best in class and encouraging other Ravens to be better. Also, I had a [student run] writing school a few months ago.
Chloe: At the moment, I've got a really cute skin made by my friend, Ema, that is very yellow, so, that's lately how I've been showing house pride.

What would you say to students that are about to get sorted into their first house?
TheSnowyRaptor: “Go to serpents! We are the best!"
Sophia: To the new students of Hogsworth, all the houses are lovely! I have a bias towards Griffins, but the community as a whole is sweet. Us Griffins, of course, will bring you a lot more enjoyment though! Best wishes to all new students being sorted.
Mr. Secret: To the students coming to our school, I suggest choosing wise answers. For many, the sorting quiz doesn't mean much but, I suggest not to lie. The truth will sort you into the right house (but, everyone knows that you can't hide anything from the Sorting Hat!). It isn’t bad if you don't come to Ravens/another house you wanted, the most important thing is the right house.
Chloe: If you're getting sorted into your first house, don't be nervous! I'm sure you'll be placed into your true house and positive you'll love every minute of being in it. Every house is always so welcoming to new members, so I’m sure you'll enjoy it.

Any last words, shout-outs, news, random facts, or whatever you might want to share before we finish up?
TheSnowyRaptor: Just that serpents rock Hogsworth!
Sophia: Huge shoutout to the Griffin house! The next house cup has our name written all over it!
Mr. Secret: I have some random facts about Ravens which can be funny: Ravens won the most house cups. The most head staff at the moment are Ravens. Ravens are ready to help with every problem on the server. We have our own statue in the common room. We also have a pet there.
Chloe: Just wanted to say happy birthday to Little as his birthday was on the 17th <3

Such valuable answers, right? The wise, inspiring, and proud words of these students showed us exactly what house pride means to them... and ourselves. I loved the answers of the Griffin, Raven, and Honeybadger, and I don’t mean to favorite (regarding the student), or maybe I do (regarding the house), but let’s take a moment and look at the facts, shall we? SERPENTS IS THE BEST HOUSE! So far, this fact cannot be argued or denied, but I would not oppose the idea of a House Pride Debate. Message me in-game, direct message me on discord, or send me a book & quill in-game (my favorite way of communication) to debate, discuss, or give feedback on my article and house pride. I love hearing from my readers. This was Carolyn Lestrange reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Ready Or Not
Original Works
Written by: kvmw

The House Annual Games (which was cheerfully called “HAG”) was a yearly ritual performed during Winter Break. Though it wasn’t something that everyone watched, it was something that everyone cared about, for it determined who got bragging rights for the next year.

The games had a record for being trivial, and the moderators of the games were often lenient, leading to stories that would be told to hoards of wide-eyed first-years in common rooms. There was a famous incident from a few years ago in which a Griffin kissed their Honeybadger boyfriend to beat them in a game of Exploding Snap.

Thankfully for them, they had both been seventh-years and escaped any long-term irritation or embarrassment from such an event.

As the students were leaving to return home, they cheered on their competitors—three people from each House were staying to compete in the games, which had been announced a week before. The games consisted of Wizarding Chess, Bingo, and Broom Racing, and they would be run simultaneously. In addition to the twelve competitors, there were three moderators—Emma from Serpent, Fred from Honeybadger, and Eleanor from Raven.

Last year’s champions had been the Griffins (they had won two out of three games), hence why they had no moderator this year. The other houses were raring to steal their champion title, and as soon as breakfast was finished the next morning, the games were off.

The Wizarding Chess matches would occur in the Great Hall—Raven vs. Serpent, Honeybadgers vs. Griffins. The Bingo match would occur in the Library, and the goal was to find certain books in the Library that would form a straight line on each contestant’s card. The final game, Broom Racing, would be occurring on the castle grounds.

Emma, who was the moderator of the chess games, hovered between the two Wizarding Chess games, watching intently as the Raven competitor’s rook slashed off the head of the Serpent’s pawn. She internally sighed, but moved on, for the sake of the game.

The other pair of players, the Honeybadger and the Griffin, were fiercely headlocked over the board—rather, the Griffin was fiercely headlocking the Honeybadger, who refused to budge. “Cut it out, you two,” Emma was forced to call, to the major disappointment and amusement of the onlooking crowd.

Wizarding Chess, no matter how exciting the Knights leaping upon their opponents, the tiny pawns swinging feebly against their taller enemies, and the Queen moving dangerously on the board, was not a terribly exciting sport to watch. The crowd waxed and waned as people passed by, and often did not stay for very long.

The other sports drew larger crowds—if you could count the twenty-or-so students staying for the holidays a crowd. The Library, where the Bingo event was occurring, had an excellent second floor for watching the participants on the first. The Bingo event’s main purpose was to locate books in the Library until one had formed Bingo on his or her card.

A great favorite of the Bingo games was the Invisibility section—which, appropriately, had invisible books. It greatly amused the observers to see the student wandering aimlessly, attempting to find a book that couldn’t be found.

The great difficulty in this was actually determining which books were on Invisibility—all the contestants were aware that there would be an Invisibility book on there (the organizers of the event had a penchant for being cruel), but which one was it? Was it the book on Wizalbee’s Wonderful Potions? Or the book on Best Ways to Escape a Giant? Or perhaps a book on Predictise? No one would know until the end of the competition.

As the resounding voice of Eleanor of Raven rang through the library, the contestants ran off. Not a minute had passed before all the contestants had found the first book—Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, a classic textbook for all Hogsworth students. It was, of course, the “free” spot on the Bingo card, and from there, things became infinitely more difficult.

The crowd cheered with glee as the Griffin and Raven contestants fought over one of the books—Sonnets of a Sorcerer—while the Serpent quietly followed the Honeybadger, picking up any books they later found. This received general criticism from the crowd and after a warning look from the moderator, the Serpent stalked off.

Eventually, the Raven (to the shock of the crowd) beat the Griffin in the fight, and the two proceeded their separate ways. But the excitement and drama of Bingo was nothing compared to the broom racing competition.

Fred the Honeybadger, who had been the champion of broom racing some years back, was moderating so he could keep up with the contestants. The most amusing part of the competition was that they were all using school brooms, and this often led to mishaps and unexpected events that the crowd loved. Broom racing was a short but exciting event, and it often left time for the spectators to then go watch the other two events.

With the blow of a whistle, they were off! The Griffin had a little difficulty flying the school broom, being used to the way faster one they had, but were soon settled comfortably. The Raven was attempting to stay directly in front of the Serpent, and they were swerving around each other as if dancing, and every time some particularly fancy move occurred, the crowd would nod in appreciation.

The Honeybadger, being a first-year, was quietly ignored by their competitors, safely and smoothly flew towards the end of the course, which covered nearly all of the school grounds.

The end of the competition was marked by the end of the Bingo game—it turned out the contest creators had put not one, not two, but three Invisibility books on the Bingo card, which greatly stalled the game. Eventually, the Honeybadger came up on top, despite being stalked by the Serpent through a great portion of the game.

In the Wizarding Chess game, the final match had been between the Serpent and the Griffin, which nearly broke out into a fight but ended in a peaceful agreement. The Griffin won, and even though it didn’t really matter as the Honeybadger had won two games, the Griffins still celebrated.

That night, all the houses sat together at one table—bragging would come another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.