DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Opening Spring with March Store Releases
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by littledead

Welcome, dear readers, to the eighty-first issue of the Daily Diviner. Winter is finally coming to a close in the northern hemisphere, and we northerners can finally begin to say goodbye to the deep winter chill of the past few months. What better way to welcome spring than with a store release? Luckily for us, the Store team has just released its March items in the Growth Store Releases. This release is themed around the new growth of spring and contains a myriad of wonderful spring-themed items. Let’s take a look at the specifics.

Wand appearances are a common staple of store releases. This time around, the Store team treated us to two new wand appearances! The Resting Raven Staff is a solemn new addition to the store with its dark wood appearance and a brooding raven perched atop a crooked staff. This staff is more reminiscent of the graveness of winter, and with this wand, you and your raven friend can take on spring together.

On the other hand, if you’re excited about the start of spring, the Ivy Gem Staff is a perfect choice. This staff is made of a wooden branch with thin green vines climbing up the staff’s handle to the tip of the branch. Lying atop the staff are shining stones, glowing faintly as if lighting the way to spring! You can happily celebrate spring with this overgrown staff of ivy and lovely gems.

Wand effects, particles that fly around the player when holding their wand, are the best companion to wand appearances. Thankfully, this store release has two new effects to go along with the new appearances! The first of these is the Pastel Wand Effects, named aptly for the pale particles that float around the player. The many-colored wand effects are reminiscent of the sprightly color of budding flowers. These effects are best paired with the new Ivy Gem Staff or any other spring-themed wand appearance you may have.

The second set of effects in this release is the Spark Wand Effects. Similar to the Pastel Wand Effects, these particles drift around the player. However, instead of pastel colors and swirls, the Spark Wand Effects are named for their star-shaped purple sparks full of the electric nature of spring. If you are looking for an energizing jolt to your wand appearance, this is the ideal cosmetic for you.

The final two items of the store releases include the Beanstalk Broom, a broom appearance made from the vine of a beanstalk. This wavy broom is great for witches who want to bring their herbology out into the world. The broom is pleasantly decorated with small lanterns and a rope handle, and the curves of the broom are an interesting design not found in many other appearances. At last, you can speed through Potterworld’s map with a symbol of spring guiding you!

The final item of the March Store Releases is the adorable Pet Sprout. The Pet Sprout is a precious walking sprout with a little flower atop its head. Nothing says spring quite like the lovable Pet Sprout that will follow you on your adventures throughout spring! Personally, I can’t wait to walk around Potterworld during spring with this brand-new companion.

Now that you know all about the store release, can you decide which item was your favorite? The Pet Sprout is most definitely mine. As always, the Store team has released some incredible new items for players to enjoy. I think I speak for everyone when I thank them for their hard work that allows us to personalize our Potterworld experience! If you are interested in the March Store Releases, you can check out each item on the PotterworldMC website or through the in-game server store. I hope you enjoyed this release and have a great start to your spring!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Extra Credit
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

We all joined Potterworld to attend Hogsworth and become wizards. Anyone who has played the server for over a week has attended at least one class. There are at least three scheduled classes every day, but they’re not always at ideal times. Whether they’re in the middle of your school day, way too early in the morning, or just completely out of your timezone, catching your favourite classes can be tricky.

Weekly assignments are the perfect solution! The Academics team posts shorter assignments every Sunday night PST. You get the entire week to turn in your assignment, so there’s no need to rush. All you need to do is find that perfect free spot within your week, crank out something O-worthy, and turn it in on the forums. For this issue, we interviewed two Professors to learn more about weekly assignments!

Who are you, and how long have you been a Professor on Potterworld?
ElizabethTheToad: I'm Elizabeth, aka Toad, and I've been a Professor since February of 2021!

itky: Hello there! I am Angie, a Jr. Professor on Potterworld! My IGN is itky and I can be seen on the server quite frequently! I was promoted to Jr. Professor on November 12th, 2022.

What classes do you teach?
ElizabethTheToad: Typically Mythology, Ancient Studies, Arithmancy, and Ghoul Studies!

itky: Currently on the schedule, I teach Magical Creature Studies (my personal favourite), Potions and Flying! Besides the schedule, I like to teach Magical Business, Dance and Wizarding Fashion!

How often do you teach weekly assignments?
ElizabethTheToad: I write weekly assignments around once a month, sometimes more or less, depending on how many other weekly assignments Professors there are!

itky: I teach weekly assignments every other three weeks alongside my fellow Weekly Assignment Professors, Jake, Dark and Toad!

Why did you decide to become a weekly assignments professor?
ElizabethTheToad: I really enjoyed the idea of students getting AC outside of live classes and connecting with them in a new way. I've continued for the same reason, along with the opportunity to present lessons in a different, creative format.

itky: When I first became a Professor, I was really enthralled by weekly assignments, and of course, given the opportunity, I decided to join in! Besides that, weekly assignments are a lovely way to branch out Academics besides teaching in game. It gives students who may not be able to attend in-game classes a chance to also participate in assignments. I keep going because I truly adore students' assignments! It really keeps me going, knowing that students are having fun with the assignments!

What has been your favourite weekly assignment so far?
ElizabethTheToad: My favourite I've written was Magical Debate - Vampires vs Werewolves! It was fun to dive into the background of the two factions and do a subject I was unfamiliar with.

itky: Personally, my own favourite has been my Magical Objects - Butterfly Flute assignment. To sum it up, a man named Leonor created a flute that, when played, creates a swarm of butterflies and a soothing flute melody. The assignment for the players was, “If you could create any magical instrument of your own, what would it be?” The responses the students came up with were simply amazing! From pianos to trumpets, they all had beautiful ideas. As a Professor, it really warms my heart when students take so kindly to assignments. This community never lacks when it comes to creativity!

What kind of assignments do you have planned for the future?
ElizabethTheToad: I definitely want to explore some lessons that I feel are too expansive for live classes, especially for Mythology and Ancient Studies.

itky: I have a few [ideas] for Dance, learning about certain dances and how students would put their own magical twist on them, literally and figuratively! I also have a few for Languages. This would include picking a certain meaning within the language and exploring the definition.

What would you say to anyone hesitant about doing weekly assignments?
ElizabethTheToad: Try it out at least once! You don't have to be the best writer or student to submit one, and you'll be earning AC to help you out in-game.

itky: Weekly assignments allow you to have a free mind. You may spice up the assignment however you wish. The weekly assignment Professors love when we see new students hop in and post an assignment. Weekly assignments are supposed to be fun and not stressful. Use your imagination; go wild! You are allowed to have creativity [and] imagination with the added bonus of Academic Credits!

Wow! Doesn’t that just make you want to do more assignments? Not to mention the ACs you could earn! If interested, you can check out weekly assignments by doing /assignment in-game. Thank you so much to ElizabethTheToad and itky for allowing us to interview them, and thank you to all the weekly assignment Professors who make this all possible! Have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Daily Activities
Server Spotlight
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower
Graphic by Chillinessa

Hello beautiful witches and wizards! In this edition's Server Spotlight, I’ve brought you an article highlighting the Daily Activities you can do on Potterworld. The Daily Activities are split into four main groups: Minigames, Voting, Miscellaneous, and Extra Credit. I’m going to be explaining each of these groups today.

Now onto the first group, which consists of Minigames.

This group consists of seven categories, with three tiers per category. This brings the total number of rewards possible for Minigames dailies to 21. The categories are as follows: Quabbleball, Melting Floor, Party Games, Hide and Seek, Flying, 1v1 Arena, and if you’re level 71+, Revenant Gauntlet.

Each tier gives you Gold and Experience for completing it. If you reach the second tier of one of the categories, you will begin to receive House points. While tier one does not give you House points, tier two will give you one House point, and tier three will give you two. This makes the total amount of House points possible for the Minigames section 21.

The next Daily Activity is Voting.

This is a single section and it only holds one reward. To complete this Daily, you must vote for Potterworld on three websites, which you can access links to using the /vote command in-game.

The reward for this Daily is different compared to the other Daily rewards. You get 10 Academic Credits and one House point. You can either exchange the Academic Credits for Experience or Gold. Of course, you also get Voting Tokens, which you can exchange for items from the shop in the Trophy room.

The next group we’re going to be covering is the Miscellaneous section.

The Miscellaneous section has five activities to do. Three of the activities are for finding hidden chests located around the map. Don’t worry if you’re a lower year and don’t have access to all locations, as even just in Hogsworth, there are plenty for you to find. If you get to the third tier, which tasks you to find 50 chests, you will get House points.

Another activity in this section is rewarded after attending two classes. This activity gives you five House points.

The last activity in the Miscellaneous section is rewarded after you collect 10 House points from your dailies. It’s important to remember that House points awarded in classes do not count towards this daily.

Moving onto our last section, we have Extra Credit.

This section was added very recently, and it has six tasks in total. All of these tasks are rewarded by attending various classes. For example, one of the dailies in this category requires you to reach the second stage of a Wizard’s PE map. While these tasks are under /daily, the tasks reset within 2–12 hours of claiming them.

The tasks will reward you with Academic Credits instead of Experience or Gold. You also will not receive House points for any of these tasks. You can get anywhere from 2-30 Academic Credits depending on which task you finish.

I hope you found this article to be helpful. Thank you for reading, and be sure to check out the dailies in /daily. Bye!
1679203192758.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Tips & Tricks for Gardening
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by littledead

Hello, and welcome to today’s Lifestyle article! Today I will be writing about tips and tricks for gardening since Spring is coming. These can help beginners and even some expert gardeners out there!

I will be starting with writing some tips for you all!

Tip 1: It is handy to pay attention to how long your growing season is, so you can decide which plants you can start growing, when and where, or if it is smart to grow some plants that season at all.

Tip 2: Pay attention to what the plant, or flower, needs to grow, like light, water, etc. It can help make the process of growing painless and more fun!

Tip 3: Avoid digging or planting in wet soil. If you work in it, it could damage the soil structure. Wait until the soil is crumbly and no longer forms a ball when you squeeze some in your hand to till or dig!

Tip 4: Be sure to understand your soil’s drainage. Roots need oxygen, so if your soil is constantly wet and there are no air pockets for the roots, they will not thrive. Many plants prefer well-drained soil, so make sure your soil is amended with organic materials to improve soil quality.

Tip 5: And lastly, the most important tip of all: choose a favorable spot for your garden. A good place would be a spot where you will see it regularly, since out-of-sight and out-of-mind do include gardening. If you see the garden regularly, you will most likely spend more time in it!

Now that we have all the tips let's get onto the tricks in this article!

Trick 1: You can use aquarium water as fertilizer since it can be beneficial in several ways for plants as it contains phosphorus, nitrogen, ammonia, potassium, and beneficial microorganisms.

Trick 2: Most people throw pasta water out, but did you know that it is full of starch and has calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium, which will encourage growth and aid in bacterial activity in the soil?

Trick 3: Every gardener knows that water settling at the bottom of the container leads to root rot, and if you didn’t, you do now! The simple trick to fix this issue is to cut old sponges and place them at the bottom of the planter to soak up all the water, especially since they are easily removed afterward!

Trick 4: Epsom salt, a kitchen ingredient, has impressive uses in the garden; it helps plants absorb more nutrients, aid tomatoes with magnesium deficiency, prevents leaf curling, and much more!

Trick 5: For the last trick, I will be telling you about Companion Planting. This cheap trick is to grow divergent plants that enhance each other’s growth and deter pests. This way, you will get a healthy harvest naturally without investing your time and energy!

That is all the tips and tricks for gardening! I hope you enjoyed them and maybe even learned something you didn’t know! Good luck tending to your little gardens in your yards! I hope to see you all next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Unmagical Books Read By Students
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by MamaDuckie

Hello readers of the Daily Diviner and welcome back to the Lifestyle column! Have you ever wondered what kind of books students may bring with them to Hogsworth that were written by Unmagicalborns? Here are four books that I have heard the most from students.

The Maze Runner
The first book of this article is The Maze Runner. It is a young adult dystopian science fiction novel book written by James Dashner. The original language of the book is English. It has multiple sequels and even a prequel. All of the books in the series are bestsellers. It has also been turned into a movie, just like the following two sequels.

The Maze Runner book is about a group of teens that are mysteriously brought into a giant, stone maze. Their memory has been cleared of all besides their name, but they also have no memory as to why they have ended up in this position and for as far as they know, their only goal is to escape.

I think witches and wizards would find this book shocking because of the virus that is wiping out all humanity and basically turning everyone into zombies if you are not immune. The doctors are doing everything they can to find a cure, against all odds in this amazing tale.

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
The second book is Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. This book, and the rest of the series, are written by Rick Riordan. It is a fantasy-adventure novel and it is based on Greek Mythology. The original language of the book is English and it ended up being one of the biggest bestsellers known, followed by multiple movies and even a tv-show that is in the making!

The Lightning Thief is about a modern 12-year-old boy who learns that his true father is Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea. Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to find the entrance to the Underworld to attempt to stop a war between the gods.

Wizards and witches would find this book shocking because instead of a school, the kids are taught their powers or talents inside of a summer camp. The kids are the sons and daughters of the Greek gods, but they don’t know that until their Godly parents claim them as their kid.

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
The last book of this article is To all The Boys I’ve Loved Before written by Jenny Han. The book has multiple sequels and even multiple movies. Written in English this book is a young adult fiction and romance novel.

The book is about a high school daydreamer who writes love letters to the boys she has crushes on. She never sends the letters out, since they are just for her to write so she can let out her feelings and move on from her crush.

People might be shocked when they read this because in the Magical world Cho Chang is an actual person, and Lara dresses up as her for a party in the book, because she knows her as a book and movie character.

Have any of these books caught your interest? I know they did mine! Thank you all for reading today’s article! I wish you all a happy day and see you in the next article.

Status