DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 82

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Potterworld Staff Applications
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

A fresh breeze is in the air, and spring has just arrived! With it comes the season for applying for the Potterworld staff team. Now that many schedules are beginning to clear and summer is approaching, it is the perfect time to apply for Potterworld staff. However, you may be wondering how to apply and what being on staff means. If you’re interested in joining Potterworld as a staff member and don’t know where to start, this is the article for you!

To begin with, what is the Potterworld staff team? Players interact with them nearly every time they log onto the server, from professors running classes to prefects monitoring chat discussions. Overall, the staff team is on the server to help players and help run everything from events to in-game systems. Regardless, there is a lot of work that goes on under the surface. Staff is responsible for organizing events, working on quests, advertising the server through media, and so much more. Beyond working on the server, staff members are in constant contact with players, whether through Discord or in-game chats. There is a lot that goes into being on the staff team!

Within the staff team are six departments with available open applications. These departments are Academics, Build, Community Management, Game Design, Media and Public Relations, and Technology and Development. Each department specializes in a certain aspect of the server, and inside each department are individual teams that focus on certain aspects of the department. For example, the Build teams create the wonderful world players explore, while Game Design fills the world with quests and gameplay. Together, everyone makes the server into what it is today.

To join the staff team, you must first submit an application to be considered. Applications can be found on the PotterworldMC website, in the forums. They ask for information regarding yourself, your interest in the staff team, and other questions. If you would like to see more, you can easily access any open application from the website forums! However, the most difficult part of the application process is deciding what to apply for. Generally, you should apply for a position if you are passionate about the server and the department you are applying for. Before considering applying, read through the application and decide if the listed requirements are something you are interested in. If you still have questions, you can even ask current staff members on that team about their responsibilities. Then, all you need to do is fill out the required information and wait!

The current open applications are as follows: in Academics, Class Helper and Arena Squire; in Build, Jr. Builder; in Community Management, Jr. Prefect; in Game Design, Lore Keeper; in Media, Video WizNetworker, Skin Arithmancer, 2D Arithmancer, 3D Arithmancer, and Daily Diviner Editor; finally, in Technology and Development, Grounds Keeper and Poltergeist. If any of these names catch your eye, I highly recommend checking them out!

What do you think of Potterworld applications? Will you be applying yourself? I hope so! Being on the staff team is a rewarding and invaluable experience and we are always looking to bring new motivated people onto the team. As always, be sure to keep an eye out for new apps to open in every department and to watch the website forums for more information. Good luck if you are applying and have a great start of spring!
1680459780509.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

We're Trending!
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by littledead

Whether we were encouraged by friends, saw an advertisement for the server, or simply Googled “wizard Minecraft server,” we all discovered Potterworld and fell in love. It’s easy to stick around and understand the gameplay within a few days, but something new inevitably releases, and you’re completely thrown out of the loop. Luckily, we have the perfect team to keep us updated – the Wiznetworker Team! They provide many ways to stay updated through Discord, social media, or the monthly WizNewletter.

The most recent platform the Wiznetworkers have expanded to is TikTok. It’s run by the Video Wiznetworkers and has brought in new players every time it posts. Their TikToks always have me giggling, and the short trailers make me want to play Potterworld more.

Our community is in agreement! “I've only ever watched the TikToks,” RosieOnyx, or Rosie, said, “and I think they're so cute and well done.”

“My favourite TikTok is the aesthetics of Potterworld one, with all the pretty screenshots,” said trashdotcom, better known as Belle.

“My favourite TikTok is the introducing Potterworld TikTok; I love the cast!” victoriadrq, Victoria, said. I’ll have to agree here – my favourites are the ones with full-blown casts in them.

Twitter and Instagram are the hotspots for Potterworld news. When you check #media-updates on the Discord server, you read a repackaged tweet or post. More often than not, I learn things first from Twitter. I didn’t even know it was St. Patrick’s Day until it was tweeted out!

I love seeing what the Arithmancers cook up for these posts! They always seem to breathe life into them. _ForeverNox_, aka Noxavier, told me, “The Instagram is cool; I like the shop updates.” I think the store updates are the perfect example! How will I know how cool I’ll look with the new releases without the renders?

The Potterworld YouTube channel is my favourite among all social media platforms. While posts have slowed as the Video Wiznetworkers focus on TikTok, the longer content redeems it. Whenever an event draws near, I get excited to see its trailer. It helps me digest the upcoming story and better grasp what the event will be like. I like knowing the story all at once, and sometimes I’m guilty of quickly skipping through dialogues, so these videos help set the tone.

The community thinks so too!

“I love the event trailers that they post,” Belle said.

“So true, Belle!” Jake, jake_ft, agreed. “The Valentine's one especially.”

Droobletalks are the highlight of the channel for me. Learning about and following along with Systems 2.0 has been so exciting. I joined pre-Revelius, and I wasn’t around when Revelius was released. When I became active again, it was confusing to understand the changes that had been released. Systems 2.0 can be a lot to digest at times, but listening to Droobledore explain the team's progress has helped me start to prepare. It’s been a while since the last one, but I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for a new one to be uploaded.

The Media department is constantly working to push out new content to the community. I may be biased as a Media member, but every new thing released is a blast to consume. If you want to join the Wiznetworkers in their quest for greatness, both the Video and Post Wiznetworker teams have open applications! It’s your time to shine! Thank you so much to Rosie, Belle, Victoria, Noxavier, and Jake for allowing me to interview them, and thank you to the Wiznetworkers for doing all they do! Have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Dark Prison
Server Spotlight
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by littledead

Hello to all you beautiful witches and wizards of Hogsworth! In this Server Spotlight, our focus will be on the Dark Prison. We will dive into what the Dark Prison is, its history, and more.

The Dark Prison is a widely known magical penitentiary. The worst criminals are sent to wait out their sentence in this Dementare-infested prison. The Dark Prison is designed to be nearly impossible to enter or escape.

Where is the Dark Prison, and how do you get there?

The Dark Prison is located somewhere in the North Sea. The only towns that are somewhat close to the Dark Prison are Appleby Village and Griffins Hollow. You can’t see the Dark Prison from these towns, but if you look at them on the map, you will find that the Dark Prison is just an ocean away.

You cannot fly to the Dark Prison, which means in order to travel to it, you must hop on Jane’s boat or use the Fire Dust network. Captain Jane is located in Greenshore Harbour and will gladly give you a boat ride to the Dark Prison. However, to use this boat, you must be level 80.

Now I’ll take you through the Dark Prison’s history!

The Dark Prison was built at the start of the 15th century. At first, it was used as an unofficial prison, as the Ministry knew very little about it. Dementares were the guards, and they drove most inmates to insanity. The Dark Prison became an official prison in 1718, where it was inevitably placed into the hands of the Ministry. The Ministry of Magicians tried to find replacements for the Dementares, but they had to stop this many times due to the dangers that they posed to the rest of the wizarding world.

During the mid-18th century, the Dark Prison ended up having its own graveyard built in the middle of the building’s triangular shape to bury those that died.

During the first wizarding war, the Dark Prison was packed with Dark Followers, and they ended up filling half of the prison!

Once the second wizarding war struck, the prison emptied rapidly due to a breakout caused by Valdemar and the free Dark Followers. Muckbloods were placed into the prison during this time to sustain the Dementares.

It was only in 1998 when Kingston Shackford was the minister that the Dark Prison began to undergo changes.

Here are some interesting facts about the Dark Prison that you may not have known!

The Dark Prison is taller than the towers in London!

There were no human guards present in the prison for many years.

When the prison was first built, and for some time after, it was not concealed from the Unmagical eye.

There have been no breakouts since Kingsley Shackford replaced the Dementares with Auralocks.

That’s all I have for now! Stay safe out there, and thank you for reading. I hope you come back next edition to see what we have in store. With that, I’ll be heading out!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Your Very Own Garage Sale
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by snotflower

Hello, dear readers, to one of the Lifestyle articles for this issue! I was strolling down the street and saw someone holding a garage sale, so I thought it would be fun to explain how to host your very own garage sale, both in real life and on Potterworld!

At a garage sale, you can sell all sorts of items. It’s a great way to free up space and quickly make some money. From old antiques to random junk found in your closet, you can sell anything at a garage sale!

Now that we know what a garage sale is, I will first give a short step-by-step guide on how to set up your own garage sale!

Step 1: Find a good spot where you want to hold your sale. Typically, garage sales would be held in your driveway, in front of your garage, or in your front yard.

Step 2: Decide what day you want to hold your garage sale. A day on the weekend is typically the best choice, as there are many people out and about!

Step 3: Now that you have picked the day and location, you need to pick the time you are going to hold it. I would suggest 9 am until noon or noon until 5 pm!

Step 4: It is now time to decide how you will display the items you are planning to sell. I would recommend using boxes, but make sure they don’t blow away in the wind! You can also lay the items out on top of tables or chairs.

Step 5: Prices are an important part of your garage sale. They, of course, depend on what the item is and what its actual value would be normally, but most items should be around 5, 10, or even 20 dollars!

Advertisement isn’t a necessity, but it can be helpful to get the word out. You can choose to advertise it by making posters or simply telling people! Most people that drive by your house will see that you are hosting a garage sale and may drop by to see what you are selling!

Now that I have explained how to host a garage sale in real life, you might be wondering how to do so on Potterworld! While the idea is similar, there are some important differences.

The best spot to host your own garage sale would be on your own housing. Here, you and your residents are the only people that can touch the items, so it is guaranteed that nobody will be able to steal anything from you. Instead, they will have to pay if they want the item!

The easiest way to display items on your housing would be item frames, but you need something to put those on. I would suggest building small item cases or tables to place the item frames!

The options are limitless! Items that you could sell can include collectables, flowers, building blocks, and way more! There are so many different collectables you can sell. In my opinion, banners are very adorable and handy for decoration. They would also make a perfect item for your garage sale!

Thank you all for reading this article, and I hope you learnt something new today. Have a great day, and I hope you tune in for the next issue! Good luck with your garage sale!
1680429645881.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Packing for a Broom Trip
Lifestyle
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Greetings, magicians, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Compared to non-magical automobiles, magic brooms are a much easier way to get around. You don’t need to abide by where the roads are, it’s impossible to get stuck in traffic, and there are no laws when it comes to aviation. However, there is a small disadvantage to travelling this way: storage. No need to fear, as we are here to give you tips on the most important items to pack!

While up in the air, there are a lot of things you need to look out for, including getting lost. That’s why you should always bring either a map or a magical compass to guide you on your way.

In case of extreme weather conditions, it’s very useful to bring extra sets of clothes, such as a jumper for the cold or goggles for the rain. When travelling across the country, you may be flying for several hours. Therefore, it’s a good idea to bring snacks and water in case you get hungry or dehydrated on the flight.

Eventually, you’ll find yourself in a town for anything from staying at an inn to buying an extra toothbrush. It’s important that you bring some kind of currency, which would be either gold or pounds sterling. If you’re planning on camping out, you should bring a tent and sleeping bag to protect yourself from the elements. Even if you’re staying in-town, it’s a good idea to bring extra pillows and blankets so you’re covered if they don’t have enough.

There are a few other things that you should bring just in case. For example, a first aid kit for if there is a medical emergency while flying. You can never be too safe! If something happens to the broom, a broom kit will come in handy to fix it before trying to use it again. Finally, a camera is great for capturing all your magical experiences while travelling.

Even though packing can be difficult at times, remember that the most important things are what you need to have a fun and safe trip through the country. Plus, all these things shouldn’t weigh you down too much. Thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a magical day!

Status