DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Shocking Election
Feature
Written by: PotatoEmma
Edited by: MorganChi

Hello and welcome to a new edition of the Daily Diviner!
Last week was a shocking week for wizards all around the globe: a new Dark Lord has been elected. Although most of you might have heard some rumours about it already, I’m here to give you all ins and outs of this shocking event.
Buckle up: it was quite the experience!

For those of you that are unaware of the latest happenings with the Dark Followers: during the trial of Aviforma, who was later declared innocent, the Dark Followers interrupted the sitting. According to them, the Ministry of Magicians had falsified the votes and hence were not suitable to reign over the wizarding world for any longer.
After the trial, the Dark Followers released a video to evoke all Dark Followers to overthrow the Ministry of Magicians. In order to do so, they had to elect a new Dark Lord or Lady.

March 29 was the day on which the election happened. All Dark Followers had gathered and the mood was capricious, yet all seemed very excited to see whom their new Dark Lord or Lady was going to be. After minutes of plain silence, the commentator Noah Pendragon spoke: ‘Today is the dawn of a new age. One where the Ministry will fall!’
The eight most powerful Dark Followers were selected to compete in a decisive ladder tournament. The elected few were Leyak, Joel, Morgan, Deci, Justin, Aria, Aurora and Champ. The spectators cheered and screamed, expressing their love to their favourite duelists. This was, until the semi-finals…

‘Ah! STOP THE DUEL!’ Noah screamed. With a lifeless Champ laying on the cold tiles, every bystander was looking at Justin. He had used the forbidden Mortiavra curse, shocking all spectators. With this horrifying action, Justin had reserved a spot for himself in the grand finale against Joel. Both men were determined to become the next Dark Lord, but only one could win. Joel took his chance and overpowered Justin, and he was announced as the next Dark Lord!

After the tournament, Joel spoke to all people: ‘Throughout history, society has frowned upon the Dark Followers. They fear us because that’s what they’ve been told by those in ‘power’. They may call us the bad guys but in this world, there are no bad guys. There is only ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, and we are what’s right.’

Do you think Joel is right? Are ‘bad guys’ just a myth?
Nobody knows what will happen next: it’s a matter of patience. Until the Dark Followers announce anything new, all we can do is talk about what consequences this election might have for wizards. Do you think the Dark Followers will be able to improve the wizarding society? What do you think will happen next?
The Daily Diviner will make sure to keep you updated at all times.
Until then: stay safe!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
New opportunities in the Staff Team!
Editorial
Written by: ShaneChi

Three cheers for job opportunities! For those unaware, as recently as the fourth of March our ever-hardworking staff team has been opening up new positions to help our dear community grow! These new positions include the posts of Poltergeist and Inquisitor in the newly formed Community Management department, as well as the post of Seer in our Game Design department! There has been much excitement around the release of these positions, and many readers surely must be wondering how to apply for them. To apply for the position of Poltergeist, one must possess a Discord account, possess a personal email account, be level 50 or above on our server, be fourteen years of age or older, and be regularly active on our server! However, those seeking employment as a Seer must be at least thirteen years of age, possess a Discord account with a usable microphone, possess a personal Gmail account, have the ability to commit to and finish a project, and be at least level 65 on our server! Unfortunately, the position of Inquisitor is only hiring from members of the staff team, however would be an outstanding aspiration for future endeavors if you intend to apply for other positions! The applications for Poltergeist and Seer can be found on our website (potterworldmc.com) under the “applications” tab underneath the large website banner!

Many members of our community have been intrigued by the formation of our newest staff department: Community Management! The ever-popular position of Poltergeist is a post open for the public to apply for! The tasks of a Poltergeist include testing gameplay, keeping an open mind to player suggestions for new server content, creating feedback forms to help track player enjoyment of existing content, and listening to player feedback on how to best improve the server overall. However, some players are interested in the more exclusive position of Inquisitor! Although it is only available to standing members of the staff team, it remains a very important position! As of now, the Inquisitorial Squad is responsible for hosting enjoyable and unique team-building-activities and events for members of the staff team. Although it might seem like a minor duty, creating unique events is no easy task, and is vital for the upkeep of morale within the team that keeps our server safe and running! I highly encourage players to consider applying for Poltergeist, and potentially Inquisitor later on, as they are both very important positions and will make a positive impact on our server.

However, other individuals are more interested in our Game Design team and the position of Seer! This position is critical to the positive development of our server’s roleplay aspect, as it is tasked with the creation of a compelling and rich storyline and developing our server’s content surrounding said story. I am personally very excited to see our server redeveloping its roleplay aspect, and applaud the Game Design team for dedicating an entire team to it! On account of how important the position is, I strongly advise any creative and dedicated members of our community to look into applying for this position. You’ll be doing yourself and the server you love a massive favor!

The addition of three new roles to our staff team has been a historic moment in our server’s history, and I look forward to seeing how they will shape our community for the better. The future seems bright for the denizens of Potterworld, and this writer can’t wait to experience that future with all of you! The Daily Diviner thanks its reader’s greatly for their attention, and reminds them to stay curious!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Quabbleball
Sports and Games
Written by: MorganChi
Edited by: Polarxo

Hello readers, and welcome to this edition’s Games & Sports article. Today’s article is going to be all about Quabbleball. More specifically, the different positions in Quabbleball and tips to doing well in those positions. There are four different roles in a game of Quabbleball. A Defender who guards the goal, the Passers who aim to score goals with the Quabbles, the Bruisers who knock the Passers off of their brooms with Bludgeon balls, and a Searcher who goes after the Snidget. But before we begin, I’d like to give a huge thank you to Pikachu_789 (Toby) for being a huge help in the process of writing this article.

A Defender is the goalie of Quabbleball. Their job is to block the three goals and make sure that the Passers don’t score. The Defender in any given Quabbleball game has two special skills. By left clicking their glove they can spawn a shield around a goal to block a player from scoring, and by right clicking their glove they can steal the Quabbleball. When you are to play as a Defender there is also a limit to where you can go, as a wall will appear around the goals that you can’t fly past. A good tip to a player when participating as a Defender is to try to predict where the passers are going to throw the Quabble so you can try to block it.

The second position I’m going to be going over is a Passer. There are three Passers on each Quabbleball team; six in each game. As a Passer, your job is to score points with the Quabble in the other team’s goals. Scoring in the top goal rewards more points than the bottom two goals because it is more difficult to score into. Passers have three special skills they can use with their gloves. When not holding the ball, a Passer can left click to steal the ball from another player. If the Passer has the ball, they can right click to pick up the ball and left click to throw it. A good tip for playing as a Passer is to try to be unpredictable so it is not easy for the Bruisers to attack you or the Defenders to block your shots.

The third position in Quabbleball is the Bruiser. There are two Bruisers on a complete Quabbleball team. A Bruiser’s role is to knock other players off of their brooms to cause an inconvenience for their target. They left click with their bat to throw the bludgeon ball and right click to hit players near them. Being hit by a Bruiser will consequently cause a player to fall off of their broom. It is most effective when a Bruiser uses this advantage against Passers or other Bruisers. They can’t attack Defenders at all. It is hard for a Bruiser to target a Searcher, but it is possible. A tip for a player in this position is to try to predict where the person you are trying to hit is going to go.

The fourth and final position in a game of Quabbleball is the Searcher. There is one Searcher on a team. A Searcher’s job is to catch the Golden Snidget to earn 30 points for their team. The Snidget can be caught multiple times in one game. Searchers can left click with their glove to catch the Snidget and right click to knock the other Searcher off of their broom. A good Searcher should be able to get their team a win by a considerable margin. A tip to playing as a Searcher is to try and learn the patterns of the Snidget. You should know which way it is most likely to go when you come at it from a certain direction.

That’s all for this edition’s Games & Sports article. I hope this article helped expand your knowledge of Quabbleball; I know it certainly helped me. Now, go out and win for your team!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Unlimited Options
Lifestyle
Written by: AriaChi

Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of the Daily Diviner!
Today, we’ll be talking about the unmagical world and their need to stay home. Since they don’t have magic to help them with their everyday life, some unmagicals can struggle. For example, a health issue like the flu. There are many other reasons that cause unmagicals to have to stay home for at least a small period of time, so they have learnt to keep themselves entertained! So, for any magicals who are curious about their world, you may wonder; what exactly do they do?

When you’re at home all day, there is nothing better than spending time with your family! One fun way to do so is by playing board games. Board games can last hours, playing exciting games like Snake and Ladders, Monopoly, Uno, Unmagicals’s chess or they could even make their own fun game! Some unmagicals, however, would rather lead an activity. In cases like those, they might decide to host family classes like dance or yoga. And, every other night you can stay up late watching movies. Other unmagicals may like to have fun by being productive, and try to do large DIY projects like refurbishing rooms. Even though unmagicals don’t have special equipment to help them with their gardens like us, they like to be more hands on with their work, going the extra mile to make sure their gardens look beautiful. Since they need to work hours on making gardens perfect, having family and friends along not only makes it easier but much more fun.

A very large problem that unmagicals have is the need to try and get enough exercise no matter how limited their options are. They aren’t able to go out and fly in the sky like us or sweat over hours of dueling, so what can they do? Unmagicals may not have magic but they do have wonderful technology! Many exercise machines have been created, like a treadmill where you run on the spot, or a stationary bike that allows you to enjoy the same experience of using a bike inside your home! Some unmagicals don’t have these machines and just have to run around their house or chase any pets/young kids they have. They can also watch classes online that can teach them gymnastics, yoga, etcetera.

We’ve looked at how to stay healthy and how to enjoy yourself at home, but it’s not all about fun. Even in a confined space some unmagicals don’t believe they can limit their learning. They often use their technology to take ‘online courses’. This is using a website or app to keep on learning at each individual’s level so they don’t miss anything when returning to school or work! Online courses can also be used to learn something different to what they need like an extra subject, or even a language! Since unmagical’s eyes aren’t capable of looking at a screen for too long, they try to find other ways to learn, or, as the younger generations call it: the old-fashion way. This can be by reading books for fun to help add to their vocabulary. Or, another great way of testing knowledge are quizzes! This can be a solitary activity or they can be done in groups depending on how the family sets them up. Learning doesn’t always mean you have to improve your knowledge or test it, but it can be about trying something completely new. Hobbies are a great way to do this. Hobbies for us tend to be flying, collecting choco hop cards, dueling, etcetera. But unmagicals don’t have the luxury of being able to do what we can. Though, they find ways to learn by hobbies like art, sports, coding, and gaming. This allows them to learn the theory of what they’re practising and helps take up a lot of time.

Sadly, this marks the end of this lifestyle article. Did you learn something interesting about unmagicals today? Would you like to try some of these activities when you’re at home? We hope you enjoyed reading this and we wish for you to stay safe!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
A Group of Fools
Original Works
Written by: kvmw
Edited by: Polarxo

April Fools at Hogsworth was a momentous occasion—from dawn to dusk, the shrieks and laughs of students pranking and being pranked constantly rang through the castle.

For a certain trio of friends, April Fools was a day for them not a particularly momentous day. The past five years they had spent at Hogsworth had not created any amusing stories about how they had pranked each other on April Fools.

It wasn’t that they weren’t close enough for that—it was that none of them were pranksters. Joshua White was a very rule-abiding student, and would never break a rule, not even for April Fools. Allie Miller was often too focused in her studies to come up with clever April Fools pranks (for she would settle for no less). Vernon Flynn was the captain of his Quabbleball team, and he had no intention of doing anything that would risk that position.

But this year—unbeknownst to the friends—they had all decided they were going to become the best pranksters of the century. Whether or not this was achieved is debatable.

The first prank of the day came from Vernon, and directed towards Joshua. The two shared a dorm room, and said boy took the opportunity to plaster a fake tattoo on Joshua. He eagerly awaited the boy’s reaction—a tattoo would probably freak him out.

And sure enough, as soon as Joshua awoke and saw the bright tattoo of the Chudley Cannons on his arm, he shrieked louder than Vernon had ever heard him shriek in his five years of knowing the boy. “WHY IS THERE A TATTOO ON MY ARM?!”

The other boys in the dorm, violently awoken by the scream, rushed over to Joshua with bleary eyes and tousled hair. Vernon, attempting to blend in, sat up from his bed slowly as if he had already been awake and followed the other boys to his friend’s bed.

They all crowded around the boy’s bed. “It’s probably temporary,” one of the boys assured Joshua. “If it was permanent, you would have felt it being put on you.”

“I can’t step out of the dorm with this,” Joshua moaned.

“You’ll be fine, Joshua.” Vernon patted his friend’s shoulder, secretly smiling. “Your uniform will hide it. And besides, you can be a rebel for a day.”

“You know,” another boy mused. “It’s April Fools day. Someone’s probably pranked you.”

And with that revelation, the rest of the boys laughed, leaving Joshua to mournfully dress.

Despite Joshua’s setback, he still went about planning his prank on Allie. It consisted of informing her that she had failed her last essay, something that would surely give her a heart attack. He had already obtained a copy of her essay—he had asked her for homework help and secretly copied it. He’d written a big fat T on it, and couldn’t wait to give it to her.

To avoid her getting her actual essay (which he was sure she had aced), he secretly gave her a Pine-Eye Peppermint that removed her to the Hospital Wing for that class period. Most teachers would have been skeptical, but it was Allie—no one would believe she’d give it to herself.

He took her real essay—which she had aced—and hurried to the hospital wing. After getting permission, he entered the wing and handed her the fake essay. “I didn’t look at your score,” he said, “but I’m sure you got an Outstanding.”

Allie took the essay with concerned eyes, and as she looked at the essay, Joshua could see her face losing color by the second.

“What’s wrong?” Joshua secretly smiled to himself.

“I...I’ve failed.” She looked close to tears, and Joshua nearly revealed it was a prank.

“You’ve passed every other essay, Allie. This one will not be the end of the world.”

Allie shook her head. “No! You don’t understand!”

Just then, Vernon burst into the hospital wing. “Joshua?” When he saw his friend, he was relieved. “I can’t find my broom. Oh, and Allie, are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Allie sniffed. “You’ve lost your broom?”

“Practice is in five minutes. I’ve been running around the castle, trying to find it for the past hour, but I can’t find it! I’ve tried the summoning charm, but it isn’t working.”

“I know where it is.” Both boys looked at the girl, shocked. “It was meant to be a prank, but I’m not in the mood for pranking. I’ve just gotten a T on my essay. I should never have spent an hour charming your broom to not respond to the summoning charm.” She leaned under the bed and pulled Vernon’s broom out. “Here,” she said, handing it to him. “Happy April Fools.”

Her voice was so depressed that Joshua couldn’t help but blurt—“Allie, you didn’t get a T on your essay. It was just a prank!” He fumbled into his bag and pulled out her real essay. “This is what you actually got. It’s an Outstanding, I promise.”

“Joshua, I—” Allie looked stunned. “You pranked me?”

“You pranked Vernon?” Joshua reponsded.

“Well, Joshua.” Vernon’s voice was very close to laughing. “I pranked you with the tattoo. Come here.” He dragged his friend towards him—Joshua was too stunned to move—and rolled up his sleeve. Vernon tapped the fake tattoo, which faded. “There. You can look our dormmates in the face now.”

Allie chuckled—it was a weary chuckle, but a laugh nonetheless. “Wow. What are the chances that we all decided to break the non-pranking tradition the same year?”

“Well it happened.” The three of them laughed, and Joshua hurried Vernon along to his practice to break Allie out of the hospital wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.