DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

It's Time to Butter Your Brew
Feature
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by littledead

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the Feature column! This summer Potterworld has been filled with many adventures, including treasure hunts, pirates, and more! While I have enjoyed looking for hidden treasures, summer is unfortunately coming to a close. Luckily, just because summer is ending does not mean the fun is ending! Attending the Butterbrew Festival is a yearly tradition for any Hogsworth student. If you’re new to the area, let me catch you up!

Returning and graduated students may remember this brew-tastic event, but for those of you who don’t know, the Butterbrew Festival has always been an event that players look forward to each year. Last year, the Butterbrew Festival was hosted in Hogsend. ColaCinema, a graduate student, recalls, “I hold fond memories of the Butterbrew Carnival in 2022, a time when the community came together to enjoy the exciting Butterbrew trials. These trials were filled with challenging moments, as each room presented its own unique puzzle to solve. Among the highlights of the carnival was an event known as The Brewing Battles. Various teams, including Bloomsbury, Confectionary, and Witching, engaged in spirited competition to claim the coveted first-place trophy. I was part of the Confectionary team, which led for the majority of the event. However, everything took an unexpected turn on the final day, as Bloomsbury swooped in with an overwhelming number of points, securing the victory. This unexpected outcome remains a cherished memory.”

The Butterbrew Festival has always been a way for Hogsworth students to get to know, collaborate, and celebrate with the local townspeople surrounding Hogsworth. In addition, it provided new and returning students a fun way to connect with people and make new friends, especially at the start of the school year!

This year, the Butterbrew Festival is being held in Appleby, a quaint farming town. Around town are a variety of carnival games, barrel races, food, drinks, plushies, various mementos, and, most importantly, Butterbrew! Try your hand at preparing and training a pet bird for the Appleby Bird Show. Will your bird place first in “Appearance”, “Trainability”, “Agility”, or even take “Best in Show”? Talk to Millie to find out! You can even help out the locals by joining Caleb Nottingham in the Appleby Inn to serve patrons Butterbrew. Get your friends together and see just how much butterbrew you can make!

In collaboration with the festival, the Potterworld store is selling some exclusive, limited-time items including the Butterbrew Barrel Hat, the Butterbrew Tankard Hat, and even a new Pet Butterbrew Balloon! My personal favorite to wear at this time of year is the Butterbrew Festival Hat, as it compliments any witchy outfit.

I can’t wait to see you all in Appleby to celebrate the Butterbrew Festival. We don’t want to leave anyone out, so bring your friends and family along to join in on the fun! If you would like to join the events team that creates lovely adventures and events such as the Butterbrew Festival, take a look at the Jr. Game Designer application on the Potterworld website. This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Monthly Art Giveaway
Editorial
Written by whoohoo
Edited by bluecherub

Welcome to the Editorial section of this issue! Today’s discussion will be about the Monthly Art Giveaway. I will be going over those who have recently won a giveaway and a few other things!

At the beginning of each month, a prompt is given out for the giveaway. The entries can include digital art, drawings, photos and more. In August, the theme was “the great outdoors.”

In Potterworld’s Art Discord, there are numerous art mediums represented, including writing, drawing, photography, and more. If you are interested in joining the Discord, you can do that here.

I interviewed a number of the leading artists within the community to gain some insight on their processes. I began with interviewing cxrlyyy who won July’s Monthly Art Giveaway!

You won the last giveaway. What made you want to submit your art piece for this month’s giveaway?
Summer used to be one of my favourite seasons … all of my life we went up to this small town and spent a week at a cottage, a lot of my favourite memories happened at my cottage, a few years ago they shut down the place we rented and i always miss it~ when I submitted my photo, it was on the week i would of been there so it was a nostalgic piece.

What is your favourite art-style, and why?
Photography! I find you can always freeze a special moment in time within a picture, there's so much of the scene that just unlocks hidden memories, and it will always be my favourite form of art.

How do you feel about the piece of art you submitted to the August giveaway, and why?
The piece of art i submitted means a lot to me, it was taken around the time, i realised how much i loved photography and no matter how many time i look at it … it gives me loads of memories, good, bad, all of them and it just reminds me of the love i had for that place.

What type of equipment do you normally use to make your art?
I normally use my phone camera when I take photos, since it's always what I have on me, but when I'm hiking or on vacation I always have my Canon camera with me. I just love getting more cinematic shots of beautiful environments I witness while I'm away.

The next interview is from Ghowostie.

What is your favourite art style, and why?
My favorite art styles are stylized illustration styles. I love seeing life being depicted in a simplified yet expressive tone. The best example I can think of is Disney’s “Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure”. I also love Disney concept art books! (I’m a huge Disney fan)

Which type of art do you normally make/post in the discord/in general, and why?
I usually make digital illustrations and character drawings. I’ve always loved drawing people in my own style.[/I][/TAB]

How do you feel about the piece of art you submitted to the giveaway, and why do you think you feel like that?
While I didn’t participate in the august art giveaway, I did submit one for July. I went out of my comfort zone and tried out ambient lighting for that piece. I’m proud of it because I think I did a decent job of making the lighting realistic but still within my style.

What type of equipment do you normally use to make your art, and what type of art would you wish to learn to do in the future someday?
I use a Huion kamvas pro 16 pen display tablet that hooks up to my computer. I would love to improve my skills and learn more about visual development and character design!

The third is with ForestSpy!

What is your favourite art style, and why?
I don’t know that I have a favorite art style, but I do like impressionistic and photorealistic art styles, as well as more fantasy and even certain cartoon-y styles. These art styles tend to contradict each other, but are all cool to me in different ways. I love the more playful side of some art as well.

I generally only post photography or digital art, because I don’t have the time or space to do a lot with more physical supplies. I also like that digital art has an undo button, because with paper drawings I end up erasing everything millions of times. I also love going out in the world and seeing beauty in it which can be captured so well with photography.

How do you feel about the piece of art you submitted to the August giveaway, and why do you think you feel like that?
I feel pretty good about the piece I submitted to the giveaway! The fog and the sunlight just weaves together so beautifully, creating the sense of wonder which I think perfectly captured the great outdoors.

What type of equipment do you normally use to make your art and what type of art would you wish to learn to do in the future someday?
I try to keep things as simple as possible. For digital drawings, I use a free drawing app, and for photography I just use my phone camera. Some day I would love to explore more into painting!

The last, and certainly not least, is with hopecute23!

What is your favourite art-style, and why?
I like paper art and digital art and why because they’re both different from reasons. Digital art. why because it's very easy and the programs are very good.

Because I liked to be in the art giveaway, because I want to show how my art is and how improved and why because it’s very good to show the community. How I worked very hard on it.

What type of equipment do you normally use to make your art, and what type of art would you wish to learn to do in the future someday?
I wish to learn modeling characters in a program someday in the future but I am going to take one step at a time with art style and art I have in front of me to learn the skills.

Thank you all so much for reading today’s issue, and thank you to everyone who participated in the interviews. If you are interested in entering the giveaway, now would be the perfect time! September’s prompt is the “beginning of autumn.” You can read more about it here!

I hope to see you in the next issue! Feel free to join the Art Discord to interact with these artists and many more! I wish you a great day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Starting First-Year Quests!
Server Spotlight
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by Immites

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the Server Spotlight column! Do you remember your first year at Hogsworth? Each of you may have a different story for what your experience was like, as quests have changed throughout Potterworld’s history. If you haven’t returned to the halls of Hogsworth to see what the current first-year experience is like, let me share it with you!

After retrieving a class schedule for a timid Honeybadger student named Jeremiah, you both head to your first class together — Dueling! There, you learn proper wand-handling techniques and are taught how to cast a handful of spells. The Dueling Professor then throws you into the deep end by demanding that you duel your new friend, Jeremiah! If you manage to win the duel, you are then judged by your classmates and professor based on your performance. It is quite intimidating! Will you be the kind of person that other students look up to in awe? Or will you be the kind of person that other students give sympathetic looks towards?

The next lesson begins in the Greenhouses with the Herbology Professor. There, you learn how gardening with magical plants is not as easy as it may initially seem. The Herbology Professor has much to teach about the fine balance of maintaining a proper magical garden. Sometimes, planting too many or too few magical plants can upset the environment in which they are being grown. It is a fine science!

In Charms class, the professor has many scathing words to share with those he believes are looking for an easy O+ grade without putting in the work. Make sure to pay attention in class and demonstrate your Charms knowledge by doing your homework and practicing Leviomora.

Overall, these first few classes at Hogsworth set the stage for a love of magic and inspire wonder. The only variable in the equation is you! What kind of student will you be? What classes will you take? Who will you help? What will you decide to do? I cannot wait to see what this upcoming generation of witches and wizards will become. This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

What Type of Summer Fruit are You?
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by bluecherub

Hello lovely readers of the Daily Diviner and welcome to another issue. In today’s Lifestyle, I have a quiz for you all. Let’s dive right into it!

Question 1: There is a lot you can do during the summer. Which of these activities would you enjoy doing the most?

A: Fishing
B: Going to the beach
C: Swimming
D: Going to a festival

Question 2: You and your friends are going to the beach; what are you guys doing there?

A: Surfing
B: Building a sandcastle
C: Swimming
D: Playing Volleyball

Question 3: During the summer heat, a no-fail way to cool off is going to the pool. Which type of pool floatie are you bringing?

A: A Ice cream floatie
B: A Flamingo floatie
C: A Crocodile floatie
D: A Dolphin floatie

Question 4: Floating in the warm sun rays, you grow thirsty. Which one of these drinks do you choose?

A: Coca Cola
B: Sprite
C: Fanta
D: Water

Question 5: There are many songs that have great vibes during the summer. Which one of these is your favorite one?

A: Summer Breeze by Seals and Crofts
B: Year of the Summer by Wildstylez
C: California Girls by Katy Perry
D: Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift

Question 6: There are lots of movies and shows you can watch during the summer! Which one of these shows would you pick to watch?

A: Outer Banks
B: The Summer I Turned Pretty
C: Spongebob
D: Heartstopper

Question 7: Some people love to read during the summer. I have picked a few summery books; which one of these would be on your “to be read” list?

A: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
B: Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
C: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
D: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Question 8: Most people travel during the summer, especially for vacations! Which of these countries intrigue you the most?

A: Hawaii
B: Curacao
C: Italy
D: Spain

Question 9: Sometimes in the summer you might not feel like you want to go outside, and you wish to play video games. Which one of these games would you be playing?

A: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
B: Minecraft
C: Resident Evil
D: Stardew Valley

Now is the time to find out which type of summer fruit you are! It will be based on the answer you have selected the most.

Choosing the answer A the most, you are: Watermelon! You are hardworking, smart and very creative.

Choosing the answer B the most, you are: Banana! You are kind, patient and caring!

Choosing the answer C the most, you are: Strawberry! You are an extrovert and love to enjoy the beauty of life!

Choosing the answer D the most, you are: Cherry! You are kind, imaginative, creative!

Thank you all so much for reading today’s Lifestyle and taking the quiz! My personal answer was that I am a Strawberry! I hope to see you in the next issue!

Status