DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Special Edition: Pixie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Hello lovely readers! Welcome to Fairy Grove. Many of us have been eagerly awaiting your arrival. I am sure that you are not used to being so small, so to get you used to seeing things from our perspective, I would like to give you a grand tour of our grove. Consider me your fairy tour guide!

Our first stop is the tree at the very center of it all. Inside, you will find fairy dust flowing downward in a spiral. Here, all of our fairies discover their talent: Light, Water, Animal, Garden, or Tinker. Around the tree, you will notice our various shops, flora of all sizes, as well as bugs, climbing around and up the tree. One of my personal favorite fairy getaway houses is located behind the entrance and underneath the roots of the tree.

It is perfectly hidden away to observe the preparations for each season change. Winter has its snowmen, reindeer, igloos, and snow-covered pine trees. Autumn has its pumpkins, wheat fields ready for harvest, and trees with multicolored leaves. Summer has its endless fields of sunflowers and buttercups. Lastly, and most importantly during this time of the year, is Spring! Here, you will notice how fairies of every talent are eagerly making their preparations for Spring. Let’s make our way over!

The first stop on your right is where the Garden fairies live and work. They raise flowers from the smallest of seeds and let them flourish into great, beauteous blossoms. You will even notice baby mandrakes and bowleafs here, although they might seem less baby-sized to you at your current stature. For all you Honeybadgers, you will definitely want to check this place out. If you look for it, you might be able to spot a large honeybadger walking by. Oh, and keep an eye out for the rabbit! It likes to eat the flowers sometimes.

The first stop on your left is where the Light fairies work. Their golden yellow houses are surrounded by rainbow streaks that bend with the light. In the sky above are fireflies and bumblebees. Take notice of how one of the houses contains a yellow mushroom with lights that float all around it. I would certainly recommend taking a step inside and seeing what makes this house so special.

The second stop on the right is where the Animal fairies dwell. They assist young creatures as they finally make their way out of their shells. You will notice nests with plenty of uncracked eggs nearby. Feel free to watch one of the butterflies getting its wings painted. If this is something that interests you, I recommend offering your assistance! For those of you interested in spotting all of the animals hidden around our grove, keep an eye out for the deer passing by.

The second and third stop on the left is where the Water fairies are hard at work. You will find the water fairies next to baby fish, turtles and frogs. In your spare time, you can leap on top of the lily pads or make dewdrops for the cobwebs. For those of you with an adventurous spirit, I would keep an eye out for the snail…

The third stop on the right is where the Tinker fairies gather. Their work this season is to craft tools and make unique, useful items out of lost things. You'll see broken tea kettles, tea cups, and a gigantic hammer. You might also notice some projects the Tinkers are working on. I personally am not sure what they call these devices, so if you're interested in learning more, I recommend finding a Tinker and asking them.

I hope you will enjoy your time here at Fairy Grove. If you need another brief tour, you know where to find me. In the meantime, have a fairy-tastic day!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Many fairies have a friendly animal companion to assist in their day-to-day tasks; however, it can be difficult to choose the right companion. To help you decide which companion is perfect for you, I have compiled a list of the top ten fairy companions!

#10 - Frogs and Toads
Starting off the list, we have frogs and toads. Both creatures are smaller, semi-aquatic species, with hind legs that are perfectly built for hopping all over the place! This pair does have some limitations, though, especially since they tend to live in wetter areas such as swamps or ponds. This can serve as a hindrance for fairies that like to travel. They can also be slow-moving, which can make land tasks more time-consuming. Frogs and toads are not all bad, though! They both make great help for completing water-based tasks.

#9 - Hedgehogs
Hedgehogs are small mammals known for their spines, which consist of still hairs called quills. These quills can pose a threat to fairies and other animals as they are quite prickly. Another downside to hedgehogs is that in the wild, the species hibernates for around four months, which means fairies would have to complete their winter tasks without their animal companion. However, a benefit to these intimidating quills is that they can help scare off other species that may be threatening to fairies.

#8 - Rabbits
A list of fairy companions wouldn't be complete without rabbits! Rabbits are small and fluffy mammals with two larger hind legs made for hopping around. Unfortunately, rabbits have a fair amount of predators, including eagles, wild dogs, and even ground squirrels. This could bring unwanted danger to fairies with rabbits as companions. But, on a positive note, rabbits also tend to be much faster than other species, making them perfect for relaying different items or messages quickly.

#7 - Mice
The mouse is a small rodent with a nimble build that is ideal for helping with tasks that require fairies to get into smaller spaces. However, mice are nocturnal and only come out at night. This could be difficult for fairies trying to get things done during the day without their companion.

#6 - Crows
Crows are a species of intelligent blackbirds known for their hoarse cawing voice. They can be perfect for tasks that require fairies to scavenge for items due to their foraging skills. However, it should be kept in mind that crows also partake in thievery, especially when it comes to crops, and could cause unwanted mischief among fairies.

#5 - Owls
Next up, we have another winged friend: owls! Owls are tall birds of prey with distinct heart-shaped faces. They are the perfect birds to help fairies find items or other creatures due to their extraordinary hearing and vision! However, it’s important to note that owls are also nocturnal. This means they sleep throughout the day and may not be as active during times when fairies need them.

#4 - Deer
Deer are large, tan-coloured mammals with an appetite for people’s gardens. While their size may pose an issue for some fairies, they still have plenty of redeeming qualities! Deer are constantly alert and can warn fairies when they sense danger. Male deer also grow antlers, which can assist in both transporting items and protecting fairies.

#3 - Koi Fish
At third on the list, we have the koi fish! Koi are a colourful type of carp fish and found all over the world. While koi being water-bound can be an issue for some fairies, they are still very helpful. Koi can scavenge for items in the water so that fairies do not need to worry about getting wet. Koi are also a docile species and make good companions for fairies that are looking for a friend that will sit and help them calm down.

#2 - Turtles
The second place on our list belongs to turtles! This smaller, shelled species is built to live on both land and water. Their versatility makes them perfect for transporting items. Plus, a turtle’s ability to travel quickly across water can help fairies travel to new and far off lands.

#1 - Chipmunks
Finally, in the top spot on our list, we have chipmunks! Chipmunks are smaller, squirrel-like animals known for their harvesting and storing skills. These furry creatures can help fairies find and store needed items and food. Chipmunks are also talented climbers and can help fairies obtain harder-to-reach items. This combination of two wonderful abilities makes them perfect companions for any fairy!

And with that, our list is concluded! My final question for you, dear readers, is this: would you have structured the list any differently? Which animals would you rank over others? I hope you all have wonderful luck with your fairy companions. Thank you for stopping by the Daily Diviner, and remember to have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello lovely readers! Welcome to the Spring Special Edition of the Daily Diviner. The spring season gives you a chance to grab all of your short sleeve shirts, floral print dresses, and flower crowns to help spice up your look. Today we will be going over some tips and tricks to spice up your spring wardrobe in Fairy Grove. Do you ever look at flowers and think, “those will make some beautiful earrings.” Because honestly, I tell myself that all the time.

Our first accessory to help spruce up your wardrobe is handmade flower earrings. To have these earrings, you will have to make them from scratch. The supplies needed for these earrings are headpins, ear wires, and two flowers of your choosing. Now in Fairy Grove, these items will be known as lost things- talk to a Tinker about these things. You can wear these earrings with some great pastel colors like pastel pink or blue.

The next item that could help your spring attire is a fairy dust locket. Made from small river stones and a vine you can craft a beautiful locket and store some fairy dust. To add to the fairy dust, you can crush up some flowers and add them to the locket to give it some color. You can assemble this unique locket with some beautiful river stones, tree sap, a vine, fairy dust, some flower petals, and a glass covering. The tree sap acts as a glue to keep the stones together. Then add your fairy dust and flower petals to the locket and seal it with the glass covering. The vine helps keep the locket around your neck. This is a personal favorite of mine.

The last item on our list is a flower-fun coat made out of, you guessed it, flowers! You can make this coat out of roses, tulips, sunflowers, and orchids. This flower coat is the key to finishing your spring wardrobe. To help make this coat, you take the stems of the flowers and weave them together almost like basket weaving. This coat has beautiful spring colors and a wonderful texture. Not only is it a must-have for your wardrobe, but it will pair beautifully with our two previous fashion items.

Now that we’ve discussed some potential items for your wardrobe, it’s time for you to share what you add to your wardrobe. If you were to pick the earrings, locket, or coat, which one would it be? It’s been wonderful sharing some lovely ideas with you. Be sure to check out the spring event and see what you can wear to it! This has been ivyronincheez reporting for the Daily Diviner Special Edition.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello fantastical readers, and welcome to yet another article of the Special Edition! I hope you’re having a great time exploring the Spring Event so far. If you’re looking for something to spice up your playtime, I have just the thing: fairy-themed bakes perfect for fairies and students alike! If you ever have a craving for something sweet during this magical event, look no further than the very recipes I’m about to share with you.

Let’s begin with a tried-and-tested personal favorite recipe of mine: mini cinnamon muffins. These sugary delights are a cinnamon lover’s dream and perfect to wake up to.

For the brown sugar sprinkled on top, you will need ½ cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. For everything else: 1 and ¾ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ cup of unsalted butter, ½ cup of granulated sugar, ¼ cup of brown sugar, 2 large eggs, ½ cup of sour cream, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and ¼ cup of milk.

As every baking recipe starts, preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit (or 218 Celsius!). Find two muffin tins (making sure there are 14 indents between them) and use cupcake liners to make sure you can pull out the muffin with little trouble.

Next, mix together our two topping ingredients and put it aside for later. Then, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl until combined.

Finally, using a mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until the texture is smooth and combined. Lower the speed of the mixer and begin adding eggs one at a time. Stop the mixer and add in the sour cream and vanilla extract. Finally, take the dry ingredients from before (as well as the milk!) and pour them in while the mixer is still running.

Now that the batter is made, spoon it into the cupcake liners from before and top each muffin with the brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 Fahrenheit, then reduce the temperature to 350 Fahrenheit (or 177 Celsius) for another 18 minutes.

If you’re looking for a little added twist, blueberries are the perfect addition! To add them in, simply 1 and ½ cups of blueberries into the batter before you put them into the tins. And now, you have the perfect tiny muffins to accompany any breakfast. Enjoy!

The next bake is much simpler in nature, with a little fairy twist at the end! Bite-sized fairy dust brownies are a sweet addition to any gathering, so let’s get started.

For these, you will need 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cups of sugar, ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, ½ cup of all-purpose flour, and ½ cup of chocolate chips.

Start by preheating the oven to 350 Fahrenheit (176 Celsius) and line a mini-cupcake tin with cupcake liners (if you would prefer no liner, just spray or grease the pan).

For the batter, first melt the butter in a medium pot over the stove and combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until smooth and remove from the heat. Next, add in the vanilla and the eggs, then the flour and chocolate chips. With the brownie mixture made, scoop the batter into the tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

Once cooled, don’t forget a sprinkling of fairy dust at the end (I’ve found that sugar is a fine substitute if you have no fairy dust on hand). You now have a delicious set of mini-brownie desserts, with a little magic on top!

The final fairy recipe is certainly not the least. These lemon mini-cakes are spectacular!

Let’s start with the ingredients for the cake: 1 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, ⅓ teaspoon of salt, ¾ cup of unsalted butter, 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1 and ½ cup of granulated sugar, 3 large eggs, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.

Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and grease 48 muffin cups (at least two muffin tins). Start the recipe by whisking the flour, zest, and salt, and setting it aside. Then mix the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. After adding the eggs one at a time, pour in the flour mixture.

With the batter made, pour into the muffin tins. Be sure to divide it as evenly as possible, only filling it to about a third of the way. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes and let it cool. Just a reminder, these cakes are meant to be flipped upside down, so that the bottom of the cake actually faces up!

If you’d like an extra magical kick, add a fairy glaze to the top after it’s cooled. This is made simply by combining 2 cups of confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add as much milk as needed until the glaze is thick and smooth. Simply pour the glaze over the cakes, and you’ve finished!

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about all of these delicious recipes, and I highly encourage you to make your own fairy-sized bakes during your breaks from the Spring Event. Feel free to get creative with your own recipes as well! Enjoy both the event and the treats, and have a lovely spring!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello readers! Fairies are one of the most well-known magical creatures with many different skills and talents. Have you ever wondered what type of fairy you would be? If so, this quiz is perfect for you! Let’s get right into it.

Where is your ideal hangout spot?
A: A long beach with a beautiful ocean.​
B: A mysterious forest with thousands of adorable animals.​
C: An open meadow with a vast variety of flowers.​
D: A hidden cove with different trinkets to discover.​
E: A sunny park with picnic tables and blankets.​

What would you describe yourself as?
A: Easygoing​
B: Caring​
C: Bold​
D: Unique​
E: Relaxed​

How would you spend your free time?
A: Bonfires by the ocean with lots of people are my favourite!​
B: All I need is a good book and my pets.​
C: I’d rather be alone and tending to my garden, but I also enjoy hanging out with my friends on occasion.​
D: I love to be around people, but I also like having some time to work and be productive.​
E: Sports and games all the way! Being outside with my friends is the best thing ever.​

What is your greatest fear?
A: Not being good enough for anyone.​
B: Losing my favourite pets.​
C: Running out of food.​
D: Having all my prized possessions disappear.​
E: Being stuck indoors for the rest of my life.​

Pick some colours!
A: Cool colours like blue or purple.​
B: Warmer fall colours like orange or yellow.​
C: Bright colours like pink or red.​
D: Natural colours like brown or green.​
E: I like all the colours!​

If you could have any power, which would you choose?
A: Controlling water and storms!​
B: Talking to animals seems awesome.​
C: Having the ability to make a plant grow in an instant; never again will I have to wait for one to grow.​
D: A creative mind is all I need! Anything I dream of can come to life with the right items.​
E: Being able to control light and create beautiful rainbows across the sky!​

Choose an outfit!
A: Something easy to move in like overalls and a t-shirt; I can wear it for anything!​
B: Simple fluffy sweaters and pants make me happy.​
C: I love being dressed up and fancy! Dresses and suits are the way to go.​
D: Anything comfortable; a sweatshirt and sweats are perfect.​
E: A tank top and shorts, even in the winter!​

With that, the quiz has concluded! Now, based on your answer choices, let’s see what type of fairy you would be!

If you chose mostly A’s, you would be a water fairy! You are collaborative and easygoing. You love being around people and working to improve your skills. Manipulating streams and lakes is no big deal for your water powers.

If you chose mostly B’s, you would be an animal fairy! You tend to keep to yourself and mainly enjoy the company of your furry companions, but sometimes going on adventures with friends can be even more exciting.

If you chose mostly C’s, you would be a garden fairy! You love to put yourself out there and be the boss. Nature and gardening are two of the things that can help relax you, but they are also a testament to your strength- growing plants isn’t easy work!

If you chose mostly D’s, you would be a tinker fairy! You have a bright and bubbly personality, and tend to be a bit unique. Being crafty and reusing old items for new creations are right up your alley.

If you chose mostly E’s, you would be a light fairy! You are calm and put-together, and you rarely get stressed. Plus, bending light is always a cool trick to show off when hanging out with friends!

I hope you enjoyed taking this wonderful quiz and are happy with your results! As always, have a wonderful rest of your day. This is Keira, signing off!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Have you ever wondered how a fairy is made? Do you ever question what a fairy is like? When a baby laughs for the first time, a fairy is born, made from a single dandelion mixed with fairy dust. Follow us on this journey as we learn about a new fairy arriving in Fairy Grove.

Coming out of the fairy dust was a beautiful brunette girl. She looked around very confused as to where she was. She spoke softly, “Hello?” Everyone smiled and waved at her.

A beautiful woman in a sparkly light blue dress appeared in front of Lidia. “Hello, Lidia, and welcome to Fairy Grove. I’m Queen Coastillon and this will be your home. Now pick your talent.”

Lidia walked up to the toadstools that were in front of her, one by one as she walked by the talent turned to dark gray, indicating it wasn’t her talent. That was until she came across a pink flower. She walked up to the flower and took it in her hands. As she held it shined a bright light, this was her talent.

Queen Coastillon spoke loudly and clearly, “Garden fairies, meet Lidia, she’s one of you. Take good care of her and help her if she has any questions. Everyone else, we have a big day ahead of us as we prepare for the spring season on the mainland.” After her speech, Queen Coastillon flew away.

The Garden fairies took Lidia on a tour of Fairy Grove and showed her where all the seasons were. They flew past the sunflower meadows and the tulips fields into the winter woods. The final stop on the tour was Lidia's brand new home.

After settling into her new home, Lidia flew to the sunflower meadows to meet up with the other Garden fairies. They were telling her all about the other flowers they grow on the mainland. “Oh, I love blooming tulips in spring. The colors are so calming,” one fairy said.

Lidia looked at all of the flowers she had to grow on the mainland. It was a lot for her to remember, from tulips, sunflowers, orchids and so much more. She needed a moment so she flew to where the Light fairies were.

In the bright blue sky, Lidia saw Lyron. She flew over to him. “Oh Lyron, being a Garden fairy is too hard. There’s so many flowers to remember, this is impossible!” she cried.

Lyron laughed as she looked at him for comfort, “it’s only hard because you’re making it hard. You’ll know the names of the flowers soon, it just takes time.” Lidia only stared at him before getting an idea.

“Maybe I’ll just switch my talent! It can’t be that hard right?” Lidia asked. Lyron only shrugged his shoulders not knowing if she could trade her talent. She left Lyron and flew over to Marigold, the Animal fairy.

“Hey Mari, I wanna be an Animal fairy and I need your help,” she said to Marigold.

Marigold smiled at Lidia, “Sorry honey buns, but no one can just switch talents. I’ll tell you what, since I like you I’ll help you out.” Lidia gave Marrigold a hug.

“Alright honey, we’re gonna teach some baby birds how to fly. Just follow my lead.” Marigold looked at the baby birds in the nest and smiled, “Alright you little ones, you’re gonna spread wings out like this and just flap them. Nice and slow at first, then take a big run up and jump. Lidia, help him over there please.”

Lidia looked into the nest and saw the last baby bird. She had the biggest smile on her face, “Hey little guy, wanna do some flap flap today?” The bird looked terrified of Lidia as she got closer and closer to the bird.

Marigold came to Lidia at the end of the day, “Lidia, darling, I’m gonna be real with you. You’re not cut out to be an Animal fairy, nor a Water fairy, or a Light fairy, or even a Tinker fairy. You belong with the Garden fairies sweetie. It just takes some time.”

Lidia watched as Marigold left. She was thinking about what she had said. She knew she was cut out to be a Garden fairy. She rose to her feet and flew towards the sunflower meadows. Once she arrived she began work on memorizing each flower, along with finding little hints to help her.

The next morning Marigold, Lyron, Chad and Silvy flew to the sunflower meadows. “Someone’s been hard at work over here,” Chad said.

“These flowers are gonna look awesome on the mainland,” Silvy said with a wide smile. He offered a thumbs up to Lidia for what she was doing.

“I mean, after all this is my talent. I was made to be a garden fairy. I was made to help bring spring to the mainland.” The group of fairies pulled Lidia in a hug. Marigold whispered something to Lidia, “I told you this was your talent. You just had to find yourself.”

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Let’s say you asked Jamie, “What do you think about the shoulder angel and devil trope?” Not that you ever would, because they (an eleven-year-old who giggled, spoke to themself, and stared at a point on their shoulder at the oddest moments) did not invite conversation. But hypothetically, let’s say you did.

They would slowly smile, head tilted as if listening to someone, even though there was no one but the two of you. In fact, they’d become so self-absorbed that your question wouldn’t even get answered, (probably) leaving you a little confused, offended, and frankly, terrified.

However, this can all be explained. When Jamie had just become an orphan, they discovered three fairies in a tub of ice cream who became stand-in parents, hovering over Jamie’s shoulder twenty-four-seven. Even now, as you (hypothetically) hastily depart, they laugh—Sayuri with a tinkling giggle, Kipp with an indulgent guffaw, and Iara with a quiet chuckle—as Kipp leans over to ask, “So, Jamie? Who's the angel? Who’s the devil?”

“Iara’s the angel. You’re the devil, Kipp.”

As Kipp protests loudly, Sayuri pouts. “What about me?”

“You don’t always make very good decisions, Sayuri,” Jamie says, laughing. “But you’re not as bad as Kipp.”

“Hey!” Kipp shouts, but he gets no response out of Jamie, who suddenly looks off into the distance with a panicked expression on his face.

“Jamie?” Iara asks, but another voice interrupts them. All three fairies look up: a boy, similar to Jamie’s age, approaches.

“Leo,” they say with a slight tremor. “Hello.”

“Hi!” the boy says, plopping himself down next to Jamie. “You wanna eat lunch with me?”

“Sure.”

“Awesome!” Whipping out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from a paper bag, Leo takes a large bite and chews. “Do you have lunch?”

“My parents don’t give me lunch.”

Leo scrunches his nose. “That sucks. Why?”

Jamie shrugs. “No time.”

“Hmph.” Leo looks skeptical, but instead of saying anything else, rips off half his sandwich and hands it to Jamie. “Eat,” he urges. “You must be starving!”

After a moment, Jamie takes the messy lump of bread and holds it like it’s a diamond.

The three fairies only stare in surprise.

. . .

“You totally have a crush.”

Iara shakes their head. “Sayuri, they’re only in sixth grade. There’s no reason to be worrying about a crush.”

“Exactly! So just go for it—ask him out!”

“They’ve known each other for two weeks, Kipp. We need a better read on their chemistry!”

“They’re best friends already!”

“Kipp, best friends are not established in two weeks. But, Sayuri, they’re obviously close.”

“So why can’t they date? It’s not like—”

Kipp’s words are quickly drowned out by the others’ protests, as Jamie hides their head under the covers in embarrassment.

. . .

“You like milk tea, right? Here you go!”

“They are so cute together.”

Jamie grimaces at Kipp’s words, but their frustration is soon forgotten as they indulge in the drink’s creamy sweetness.

. . .

“I didn’t know you lived with foster parents … That must have been so hard.”

“It was. But I managed. You’ve been a lot of help, too.”

As they hug, a high-pitched voice squeals, “Confess!”

“Leo is their support system—a friend. A romantic relationship would ruin that. Plus, you know how their foster parents feel about same-sex relationships.”

Jamie shudders but focuses instead on Leo’s tight embrace.

. . .

“Bye, Jamie! See you at school tomorrow!”

“See you, Leo.”

As the bedroom door shuts, Kipp declares. “Honestly, Iara, they’re basically dating.”

“Even I can’t complain,” Sayuri adds.

“But what if Leo doesn’t feel the same way?” Iara muses. “It would shatter Jamie’s—”

“I’m right here!” Jamie bellows.

The three fairies fall silent.

“Just shut up! I can make my own decisions! All I’ve been hearing for the past three months is ‘Jamie this, Jamie that.’ Stop. Go away.”

Jamie rolls over, covers pulled over their ears, and begins to cry.

. . .

A year later and there’s radio silence.

At first, Jamie didn’t care. Serves all of them right! They eventually asked Leo out, and he accepted. For that year, Jamie was happy, and even if they missed the comfortable weight of three fairies on his shoulders, it was alright. They didn’t need Iara, Kipp, or Sayuri—until now.

“Please,” they sob, curled up on the couch, “come back. Y-you were right. Leo and I should have stayed f-friends. I-I’m sorry I’m a burden. I’ll do better, I promise.”

Nothing.

With a gulp, Jamie rolls over, tearfully eyeing the fridge. What if?

Getting up, they stumble over to the fridge. One icy blast of air later, as condensation from the vanilla ice cream tub slowly seeps into their pajamas, they rip the top open.

“Iara—” they begin, but—no. Even if the creatures inside were the right height, they were a messier splotch of vibrant patterns and metallic piercings, with none of Iara’s monochrome blues, Sayuri’s soft pastels, or Kipp’s earthy tones.

“Hello,” one of the fairies says. “Do you need a hug?”

After a moment of stunned silence: “Yes?”

Together, the three fairies manage to wrap themselves around one of Jamie’s arms. “Hey. Whatever happened to your first ones, it’s okay. They love you—promise. We just rarely stay forever.”

“Why?”

“Humans grow up. We don’t.”

As Jamie’s sniffles slowly die down, they say, “What are your names?”

“Derya.”

“Chepi!”

“Finch, nice to meet you!”

“I’m Jamie. Would you like to be friends?”

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello Daily Diviner,

I am The Faerie. Not the Faerie, not The Fairy, The Faerie. I am writing this letter to your esteemed department to inform you of your dismally inaccurate “knowledge” of fairies.

I’ll start off simply: there is no other fairy but me. I, The Faerie, am the only mystical being with the honor of being classified as a fairy. This is where your insolence begins but certainly does not end.

I am an entity of magic. Wizards may believe they are magical creatures, but they, and you, are sorely mistaken. You are no more than magic users. You see, unlike magic users, magical beings create the magic you so often use.

Magical entities like myself have been around since the beginning of time. When humanity came to be, we tried to make our presence known, but your kind was too overwhelmed, as you so often are.

Still, we wanted to share our gifts with you. Those worthy enough were granted this miraculous power. As we slowly disappeared to time, we came to be seen as myths and gods, unsurprisingly, though we are nothing of the sort.

This is news for you, I’m sure, but do not fret. I am a benevolent entity, and I will set wizarding-kind straight. You are much more intelligent and powerful than nonmagicals, so I have some faith in your abilities to comprehend, albeit very little.

I will lend my sympathy for your ignorance. You know no better as wizards are some of the few creatures who have the ability to properly control magic. Do not think to flatter yourself, though. Magic creators are much more capable than your kind.

Beginning with the basics, you believe there are fairies among you. You are nauseatingly incorrect. Pixies more closely resemble these myths – a truly crass comparison. This is a common mistake and is, as such, forgivable.

Don’t get me started on your fairytales. Not only is the very word offensive in every way – imagine they were named wizard tales – but they are full of calumny and deception. I was wary of the first wizards honored with magic, but I simply cannot fathom how pathetic you have become in comparison.

For example, Cinderella: I cannot deny the modern story is sweet. A poor girl locked in a tower finds her prince with the help of her fairy godmother. First of all, how dare you push your gender forms on anything as mythical and powerful as a fairy. Any magical being would be repulsed to be conformed to humanity’s ridiculous roles. Not only that, the fairy that is often depicted as her savior is a hideous misrepresentation of my power. How bold of you to assume that I would spend my time following some nonmagical’s demands.

The tale of Cinderella is a true one, though only partially. Her name was not Cinderella, and she was nowhere near as troubled as your fiction depicts her. You see, her mother was a kind witch who took care of magic. I respected her, as much as I could a mere magic user. When she passed, I blessed the tree that stood above her grave for wizards to remember her by. Her daughter took advantage of the gift.

The tree was a magic user and had the same kindness as the witch whose grave it guarded. It was selfless and granted wishes to whomever asked. Brazenly, the girl would go to the tree and wished for impossible things. Eventually, her wishes led her to take over the kingdom. I could not let such abuses continue, so I created magic that ensured her death. Wizards are insensible, and I could not let her be an example for others.

Lesser beings like yourselves also have myths of a Tooth Fairy. How dare you paint a creature of the like in my essence! Have you ever thought to yourself why anyone would want the teeth of young children? Oh, I’ll tell you why! The goblins that sneak into your child’s room are no fairies. They eat the teeth of your young to stay youthful themselves. They would have died out long before if you heathens did not romanticize them so readily!
As I predicted, the magic that you hold is far too overwhelming for your simple brains and has turned them all to mush! No wonder you have egos big enough to insert yourselves into stories I rightfully belong in! It is time I put an end to your ruse! Your magic is corrupting you and your minds, and I have had enough of it! I am going to finally take your magic back and get revenge on you puny beings. Soon you will find you will be –

Editor’s Note

Hello,

We are terribly sorry for subjecting our audiences to such a crude letter, but we felt it was our duty as reporters to publish a brief excerpt. The Faerie, as they call themselves, has sent us several letters, multiple times a week regarding these issues.

We have done our research, and there are no supporting documents for their statements. Neither can we request an interview, as their return address reads: “The Other Realm”. We assure you, dear readers, that there is no need for alarm, but if you have any information about The Faerie, we ask that you send it to our offices immediately. Thank you for reading, and have a magical day!

Status