DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Special Edition: Silvermorne

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Hello, students of Hogsworth! I’m aware that this is your first time visiting Silvermorne, and I’ve been asked to show you around. If you’ve not noticed already, it’s quite cold here, so you may want to throw on your coats quickly. Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s go!

If you come through the gates and look to the right you’ll notice the little shop stands. This is where you’ll be able to purchase event items. Don’t worry; you’ll have plenty of time to browse the items after the tour. What are you looking at? Oh, yes, the castle really is gorgeous isn’t it? Especially in the snow. You should take a look at it at night! It’s truly mesmerizing.

Our first stop is going to be one of the most important rooms here in the castle: the Great Hall! This is going to be the hot spot for socializing and making new friends. Much like Hogsworth, the tables are split into four colors representing the school’s houses. These beautiful Christmas trees lining the room may very well be one of my favorite parts of Silvermorne. However, I don’t think anything can top the food.

The tables here are lined with platters upon platters of tasty treats, much like Hogsworth. My personal favorites have to be the cakes and pastries. They are absolutely divine. I can’t wait for you all to sample what Silvermorne has to offer! When you taste it, I’m sure you’ll agree with me. The food has to be one of the highlights of the castle.

Moving away from the Great Hall, it’s good to keep in mind that Silvermorne is quite large, so it’s very easy to get lost. The Great Hall and the classrooms are not in the same building, so in order to get to classes, you’ll need to go left after you enter the gates. If you somehow do end up lost, I’d recommend you continue exploring. Chances are, you’ll end up right back where you started. If not, you can always ask someone for help!

Almost anywhere you look there will be places to sit down and hang out with your friends, but try not to be out too late. The Headmasters don’t like to be woken. Speaking of sleep, when you feel too tired to socialize, the school has organized a sorting for you. The sorting will place you into one of the four houses here at Silvermorne. The four houses are Resaye, Berrora, Yanttate, and Tuilaiwen.

It’s also worth mentioning that you probably shouldn’t venture out past the gates after dark. You never know what could be out there waiting for your curious minds.

Well, I think that just about covers it. Thank you for being willing to take this tour. It saves us all a bit of trouble. Oh, and be careful not to slip on the stairs outside! It gets pretty slippery. Stay safe and have fun on this pleasant trip of yours. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
b0D9jVs.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello, dear readers! As we all know, the Winter Waltz is coming up fast. Hogsworth has started a tradition of travelling around the globe each December to celebrate, and like last year, our destination is on the other side of the world. Silvermorne is the American school of wizardry and starkly different from our familiar school. After such a long trip, everyone’s heads are sure to be in a spin. Not to mention that Silvermorne will be hosting a masquerade ball as opposed to our typical waltz.

To solve this dilemma, we have an exciting surprise for you! Who knows more about travelling and magical locations than the expert himself? In this exclusive article, Kevin will tell us all the ins and outs about Silvermorne and the upcoming Winter Waltz! Without further ado, let’s hear what he has to say.

As if everyone doesn’t know already, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Kevin, and I’ve been around for quite some time. Everyone at Hogsworth should know me quite well, as I always appear when there is an event. I love attending all kinds of events; it gives me the opportunity to dress up in wonderful clothes that fit each theme.

I tend to check out the event ahead of time – this way, I’m able to pick out the best outfit and be prepared for what else is to come. It also allows me the chance to invite the students of Hogsworth to the events! It can’t be fun if it’s just me, right?

What made you choose to travel to Silvermorne this year?
When I heard that Silvermorne was willing to open its doors this year for other schools to attend their Winter Waltz, I had to make sure I’d be able to attend. It’s the first time they’re opening the doors for others, and I couldn’t risk missing out. Besides, a big event like this without me? Well, let’s not imagine the total failure that would be.

There are a lot of festivities going on! Which ones have gotten you the most excited?
I’ve heard that Silvermorne is hosting something called the “House Challenges.” Sounds fun, doesn’t it? I’ve also heard that the academy created these challenges to test the skills of those attempting them. Students often find themselves trialled with challenges around the elements that the four House spirits represent, after all!

What do you recommend readers check out first?
Of course, this is up to the readers themselves. However, what I always like to do first is to travel around the place. I take in the architecture of the buildings as well as the flora and fauna found on the terrain to ensure I won’t get lost in a new, unknown place.

What about Silvermorne has surprised you the most?
I’ve learned that at Silvermorne, there are certain conditions that the four founders had agreed upon when they founded the school. They were determined to protect the earth, the flora, and fauna from any harm done by humans. It was quite a shock to me; I hadn’t heard of something similar to this before! Isn’t it wonderful that nature is left alone here? So just keep in mind not to harm any plants or animals while attending the Winter Waltz!

We’re all wondering – can we expect to see you at the Masquerade Ball?
I’ll be there for sure – there is no way I'm missing the best part of the Winter Waltz! I already have my outfit prepared, and I’m most excited to see all the wonderful masks everyone will be wearing. It always makes me so happy when everyone dresses up, parties, and has fun. Though I do hope they're serving good food.

And where do you expect to travel next?
I guess we’ll have to wait and see, as I don’t know where the path will take me. Besides, even if I did know where I was going, wouldn’t it be more fun to keep it a surprise? I find it more amusing that way.

It was a true pleasure getting the chance to speak with Kevin – a “thank you” wouldn’t even begin to cover how grateful the Daily Diviner is for this opportunity. I’ll be honest: Silvermorne seems much easier to handle now that I have this information under my belt.

We’re lucky that Silvermorne has invited Hogsworth alumni and students across the ocean for this grand event. It’s clear that it will be memorable, especially if it’s fit for Britain’s world-renowned traveller! I hope to see you all in a few weeks enjoying the Winter Waltz!
HQHVYi9.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Season's greetings, readers! As we near the end of the year, we begin to notice that the weather is growing colder. There’s a nip in the air, and it’s not our fans or air conditioners! Winter is upon us, so what better way to chase the cold away than to cozy up with a steaming mug of hot chocolate? Especially one with a unique twist…

Apple Pie Topper

Pies are incredibly popular around the holiday season, but what if you don’t have the time to bake one? You’re in luck! You can easily get that yummy pie by making it on top of a mug of hot chocolate. Simply make your hot chocolate in a large mug (don’t forget the marshmallows!) then add some crumbled graham crackers and a scoop of warmed apple pie filling on top. I do suggest eating the pie before the marshmallows melt and everything becomes encased in the yummy chocolate underneath.

Marshmallow Overload

You may have noticed while shopping that marshmallows come in many shapes, sizes and even flavors! They’re also the most basic and important part to having the perfect mug of hot chocolate. So get creative. Try different combinations of marshmallows like mint and chocolate ones, or strawberry ones in white chocolate hot chocolate. You could even try some of the cute animal-shaped ones to make your very own marshmallow hot tub. The possibilities are endless!

Peppermint Delight

Candy canes are a staple this time of year in many households, but it gets boring year after year of just eating them. You can crush them up and sprinkle them on top of your marshmallows for your hot chocolate or eat them while you drink it for a unique combination of flavors. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try to make one stand up at the top of your marshmallow mountains from the previous recipe and claim the mountain as your own. I have even heard of some who use candy cane sticks to make marshmallow stick figures for their hot chocolates.

Chocolate Madness

You may think that the cocoa in hot chocolate is more than enough chocolate, but I disagree. Like jello, there is always room for more. Making your hot chocolate from scratch instead of a packet of powder is a good start; however, you can take it just a few steps further. Chocolate marshmallows, shaved chocolate, chocolate sprinkles and of course chocolate syrup can also be added on top to make your perfect mug. If that’s not enough, find your favorite chocolate bar and turn it into the cherry on top. I’ve even heard of chocolate spoons if it's still not enough to satisfy your chocolate cravings!

Birthday Cake

While there’s a bunch of holidays circling around this time of year, we can’t forget that some people celebrate birthdays too. Try white chocolate hot chocolate topped with marshmallows, rainbow sprinkles and a dollop of whipped cream. It’s the perfect way to enjoy your favorite wintery beverage and a piece of cake at the same time. You can even add a cherry on top if you feel it’s missing something!

Sweet Festivities

Last, but certainly not least, use colors! Colored sprinkles, marshmallows and candies can really make your hot chocolate stand out. You can pick colors to celebrate a holiday, your favorite colors, or even your Potterworld house colors! There’s no right or wrong when it comes to creating your perfect mug of chocolate-y goodness, so have fun with it.

There are so many fun and creative ways to spice up your hot chocolate, so I’m sure you can come up with some of your own. I have heard of people using warm eggnog instead of milk to make theirs, and I may just have to check it out before the season ends. What interesting recipes can you come up with?

Unfortunately, dear readers, we have come to the end of this utterly sweet article. Thank you for joining me on this chocolatey culinary journey, and I do hope you have had fun as well. Have a wonderful time at the Winter Waltz and a cozy holiday season!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello dear readers of the Daily Diviner, and welcome to the fourth article of our Winter Waltz Special Edition! Today I will be giving you a small guide with some gift ideas to give your friends in-game this holiday!

Poem or Short story

Who doesn’t love a good self-written poem or book from your friend? I know I do! I think it is very sweet to receive a hand-written poem or short story in a book and quill. It is most of all very original and you could reread it every time. You could also make a holiday card in a book and quill. It is something that you will never forget that you have been given.

Collectables

Collectables, everyone has at least one of them. Some people collect them all- or at least try to. Now imagine this: one of your friends has been looking for one specific collectable but they just can’t get their hands on it, but you can. It is the perfect gift to give them! Even if you have a collectible you do not want or need, maybe some of your friends do want it, and it could make someone very happy.

Gift card or a Store gift

Not sure what you want to give your friend from the store? Try the gift card! They can choose the gift themselves while you choose a certain price they can spend. Unless you do know what you are going to give your friend, you can then give it normally and they will receive it in-game soon enough. If you are going to give them something from the store, and not through the gift card, try to go onto the store with your friend and go through everything to see what they like the most before you maybe buy something for them that they already have.

Building blocks

Is your friend working on their housing and do they need more building blocks? You could always buy them the blocks or items they need to carry on building! It is also a great way to help them build since you can then work on their housing together and spend time together like that.

Potions and Food

Does your friend love making potions or food in-game? Then I would advise giving them the ingredients or the item itself! With the ingredients, they can make more of it, and the items they can use themselves or with you.

Gold

Something that we all love and need if we want to buy anything in-game shop related, with that I mean other people, their shops, and the marketplace! People love getting gold, especially as a gift.

Now you may be wondering, how would I give the presents to my friend? There are multiple ways to do this and here are some of them: you can send it through the in-game mail system so that they can check their mail and they can get it through that. You could otherwise hide it in their housing and help them look for it with hints, like a scavenger hunt, or you could have them put a chest down where you could put it. There, of course, also is the trading option. You can give them their gift and they can give you one back at the same time. For the gift card and store-bought items, I would say that they should get it in-game or that they would get the gift card sent to them by you. Secret Santa is also a good option to use to give your gifts to each other. Plus, it makes it more fun to do gifts if it is with more people.

I want to thank you all for reading this issue and I hope that you found a few gift ideas that could be helpful now or in the future. I can’t wait to see you all next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello, lovely readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! One of the greatest parts about winter is the snow, and what better way to celebrate than making a snowman? While there are many ways to create a frosty friend, you may be wondering what type of snowman you represent. Well, fret no more! Today I have a quiz that will determine what type of snowman you are.

When do you go and build a snowman?
A: As soon as there is even a little bit of snow
B: When I notice the snow is starting to melt
C: When there has been snow for a couple of days
D: Whenever I feel like it

What would you use to make a snowman’s nose?
A: A carrot
B: A stick
C: A spoon
D: A pencil

Now that you have built your snowman, what will you put on its head?
A: A colorful beanie
B: A red or black cap
C: A decorated bag
D: A sand bucket

What is your favorite activity to do in the winter season?
A: Baking cookies
B: Playing outside in the snow
C: Sledding
D: Making hot chocolate

What would you gift to a friend or family member?
A: Clothes, like socks, hats, shirts and pants
B: Toys, like Lego, toy cars and video games
C: Party supplies, like balloons and party poppers.
D: A stuffed animal or plushie

Which one of these is your favorite winter season quote?
A: “Advice is like the snow. The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon and the deeper it sinks into the mind.” - Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
B: “The color of springtime is flowers; the color of winter is in our imagination.” - Terri Guillemets.
C: “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” - Hal Borland.
D: “Our footprints always follow us on days when it’s been snowing. They always show us where we’ve been, but never where we’re going.” - Winnie the Pooh.

Now that you have chosen your answers, it is time for the results! I have four possible answers for you, so let’s get on to that!

If you picked mostly A’s, you are a regular snowman! You love to keep things simple and original in a fun way. You do things at your own pace, and you love winter activities, even when it’s not winter!

If you picked mostly B’s, you are a playful snowman! You are a very cheerful person and can always find entertainment in everything around you. You love having fun and spreading positivity.

If you picked mostly C’s, you are a party snowman! You love to do things a little differently than the original versions. You love being in the limelight and putting your own spin on well-loved classics.

If you picked mostly D’s, you are an upside-down snowman! You are what some people would call quirky. You love doing things your own way and don’t care what others think. You are creative and love coming up with new ideas.

I hope you are happy with the result you got. If you aren’t, you can always retake the quiz! Thank you all for reading this article, and I hope to see you in the next issue!
0uMlA2M.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Tess awoke with the slow dawn of morning. Winter mornings were always the slowest. Tess never wanted to leave the warm cocoon of their blankets, bundled up and cozy, yet always found themself hauled out of the dorms by the noise of waking classmates.

This morning was different.

The first thing Tess noticed was the silence. They didn’t dare crack their eyes open, fearing that they slept in, and listened. They could hear a small commotion from the common room downstairs.

They opened their eyes to an empty room. Heaving themself out of bed, they dragged their blankets behind them on the floor and looked outside. It was snowing.

They threw their blankets back on the bed, slid into their slippers, and rushed down the stairs two steps at a time. The common room was packed with students, and there, on the bulletin board near the door, was a snow day notice.

Tess inwardly whooped with excitement. They navigated the room full of students, avoiding those with hot chocolates and stepping over huddled reading groups in blankets, and plopped themself down beside a messy head of black hair and blankets they knew well.

“G’morning, Nick,” they said, leaning into his blanket-covered side. He yawned in return and gave them a sleepy smile. If Tess was a night owl, Nick was a raccoon. He rarely woke up on time and would rather sleep the daytime away. But today was special: it was the first snow day ever. In the history of Hogsworth. He would save the sleeping in for another morning.

“Got any plans this morning?” Tess asked, a little nervous. Even though they had been queerplatonic partners for a year, there was a thought in the back of Tess’ mind that Nick would one day stop wanting to be with them. Day after day, Nick proved that voice wrong.

“Of course,” Nick responded, finally shrugging off his blankets. “First, we sneak into the kitchens and steal some cookies.”

“Ah, I like that train of thought. Then we’ll go out and build a snowman.”

“Sounds like a deal,” he said, reaching out a hand. They playfully shook on it but kept their hands together as they stood to throw on some jackets. After all, what was the point of a snow day if not to wear pajamas all day?

The halls were cold as they walked side by side and hand in hand to the kitchens. Their slippers padded across the floors, jackets cozy and warm. There were other students wandering about, enjoying the sleepy morning.

Tess smiled and glanced down at their intertwined fingers and the matching rings adorned on each. On days like today, they were still amazed that Nick was their queerplatonic partner.

No students were in the kitchen when they arrived, only bustling elves. The two came in through a secret painting propped open by one of their friends and snuck into the main room. There was a table of holiday cookies and treats tucked to the side. They beelined for it, and with the permission of a kind elf, ate one. Or two. And maybe Tess stuffed one in their pocket. Nick just shook his head fondly.

“That tree needs some love,” Tess pointed out between cookies. Indeed, a bare tree sat in the corner, decorations hidden in boxes under the tree.

“You know what that means,” said Nick knowingly.

Tess did know. They left the cookies at the table, thanking the elves, and began to decorate the tree, lifting baubles with their wands and wrapping tinsel around the leaves. More than once, Nick had to pull out a stray piece of gold paper from Tess’ hair.

When they finished, warm tea was waiting for them, a silent thank-you from the elves. They left the kitchens warm and content, bundled up in their jackets and drinking peppermint tea. Huddled on a window sill, they finished their tea and went outside. Snow was still drifting down from fluffy white clouds.

“Where do you want to start building?” Tess asked, staring around at the prime snowman-building grounds. They were in a smaller courtyard, and the entire place was empty.

“I wouldn’t know,” Nick said. “I’ve never built one.”

It took Tess a moment to process that, but when they did, they were stunned. “You’ve never built a snowman before? How have I never known of this?”

Nick shrugged. “I don’t think there’s been enough snow before, and if there was, I was sleeping in.”

“We have to fix this,” Tess declared. They walked over to a fresh patch of snow, piled up a ball of snow in their hands, and began to roll it along the ground. “You do the head. Just roll it around until it’s big enough.”

Soon, they had two large balls of snow. They stacked them proudly together. For the nose, Tess triumphantly held out a carrot from the kitchens, shoving it into the snowman’s head. For the eyes and mouth, Nick scrounged for some rocks on the ground. Finally, for the hat, Nick tugged Tess’ beanie off of their head and fit it around the snowman. It was perfect.

(Maybe the head was a little too big, and the eyes a bit lopsided. But it was perfect.)

“His name is Snowy,” said Tess.

“Snowy the Snowman,” Nick agreed.

They went inside then and sat around the fire of their Common Room. It was warm and comfortable, and their friends soon joined them on the floor with mugs of hot cocoa. Surrounded by their best friends and partner, Tess felt incredibly and truly happy.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

It was a late December evening when the clock tower rang its large bell, a loud melody echoing through the Silvermorne castle, signaling that it was time for the Waltz to begin. I was from Hogsworth and a delighted guest. Even before we went there, I was working hard day and night to finish my masquerade mask.

For a while, I was alone, watching all the couples dance in perfect sequence with their faces covered in similar masks. Each time a dress spun or the heels of formal shoes dug into the marble floor, my chest felt like it took a sudden hit.

However, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a girl sitting eloquently in her purple skirt with a tiger mask. Intrigued by her presence, I introduced myself. Chatting came naturally between us as we talked the night away, basking in each other's company.

Before we knew it, we were dancing under the crystal chandelier. Although her face was colorfully covered, I could tell that she was beautiful with her long, dark hair and alluring eyes. The entire time, we shared a smile, and I knew I wouldn’t forget this night…

After a few hours of our waltz, the girl claimed that she had forgotten her sweater in the dining hall. As I slid off my mask for the first time that night, I followed her every step, the sounds of the partygoers echoing around us as we traced through the empty halls.

The dining room, usually filled with students gulping down their delicious food, was hauntingly barren. Readjusting her mask, the girl walked me to the back corner of the room and asked me to look around for her sweater. It was light blue.

My search was stopped when a Silvermorne Headmaster passed by, who questioned why I wasn't with the others. I told them I was helping a student find her sweater. The Headmaster then looked perplexed, swallowed thickly, and left in a hurry. In confusion, I turned towards the girl- but she was gone.

A few days passed with no sight of the enigmatic girl, until one fateful day. There she was, under an old tree in the courtyard, wearing the misplaced blue sweater. Carefully, I sat down next to her, and she beamed as brightly as she did during our first dance. We initiated small talk for a few empty minutes, but she soon piped up.

She giggled. She had been debating whether or not to tell me about what happened that night she disappeared but had decided she could trust me. So, glancing around to make sure no one was listening, she told me about all her hopes for the future and what she would need to do to achieve them.

Not only did she have a vivid dream, but she was close to reaching it. It turned out this girl was as mischievous as they got. If you went through confidential papers in the Headmaster’s office labeled ‘Fiona Bells’, you would find that she had multiple serious ‘pranking’ incidents. The earliest one was in her first year, in which she put dungbombs in the eggs and cost the school nearly 50,000 gold to fix. Since then, her pranks had only gotten worse, but she’d avoided expulsion due to loopholes and the school not knowing what to do with her.

She had a final prank in mind- the greatest one she'd ever come up with. She required a tripwire, a cauldron, potions, and much, much more. The first step had already been completed when we had gone to the dining hall, but she needed help for the rest. Barely understanding what she was asking of me, I agreed to assist her. Acting as her spotter, I had to stand watch while she bartered with other troublemakers. I managed to take a small peek at her as she was handing off money to some dirty-looking sixth-years.

A few days before Hogsworth students would return to the UK, I came across Fiona mixing a potion in her new cauldron. The mixture inside was an odd beige color, in which she quickly added leaves and a clear liquid. I braced myself before asking her the question that had bugged me since I found out about her trickster background- what was she doing? Unsurprisingly, she charmed her way out of giving a clear answer despite my stubbornness. Finally, she dipped a vial into the brew, drinking it without a second thought as I curiously watched.

She morphed slowly, her skin stretching and changing. Her long, dark hair suddenly turned short and blonde, her eyes went from brown to green; she was a perfect mirror reflection of me. After the change was complete, I watched in horror as my copycat's features lit up. Before I knew it, she- I?- left the room. I moved to chase after her, but found the door was locked. That was the last I'd ever see of her.

Thankfully, I was rescued from the room and was able to board the beautiful spruce boat back home. I was on the boat when I heard the news; Fiona Bells was expelled from the grounds due to a prank gone wrong. A sigh left my lips as I gazed out upon the murky waters, knowing I’d never forget Fiona and our strange adventure.
aVG6HJM.png

Status