DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Quadwizard Tournament

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
The title says a lot - it would be cool if we had a new type of tournament/gameplay thats based around the Triwizard tournament. A group of players go thru a set of random challenges (the challenge would be different each time and they could be used for permanent gameplay later on - whenever its a new map for flying/dueling, a new parkour/elytra/maze course, a new gamemode for party games, a whole new minigame, a puzzle map, quest..) or a simply a preview for new upcoming gameplay (for example, the champions get to test out a new gauntlet before its out, but its also used as a challenge in that tournament).
If you didnt guess already, it would be house based - which is the reason behind the name Quadwizard tournament. And I also thought about how the players could be chosen (credits to ForestSpy) but basically, they could be the players from the top5 House Point earners from that quarter. So either the top player gets to participate, or those 5 players decide together on who to chose to represent that house, or they fight for the spot, or the tournament could be in teams so like 5v5v5v5 from each house.. This would mean that this tournament would occur every 3 months, which I think its a good time frame for this to not be a huge pressure on the game design team/arena team. I think this would be a nice way to motivate players to earn house points, as well as reward those people that make it to top5 in the end. And the tournament itself is a cool concept.

jonvr

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: jonvr
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
I think this could be an amazing addition to the server

great suggestion Ivan!!

might share a few of my thoughts I just had on this if I have the time to

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
The title says a lot - it would be cool if we had a new type of tournament/gameplay thats based around the Triwizard tournament. A group of players go thru a set of random challenges (the challenge would be different each time and they could be used for permanent gameplay later on - whenever its a new map for flying/dueling, a new parkour/elytra/maze course, a new gamemode for party games, a whole new minigame, a puzzle map, quest..) or a simply a preview for new upcoming gameplay (for example, the champions get to test out a new gauntlet before its out, but its also used as a challenge in that tournament).
If you didnt guess already, it would be house based - which is the reason behind the name Quadwizard tournament. And I also thought about how the players could be chosen (credits to ForestSpy) but basically, they could be the players from the top5 House Point earners from that quarter. So either the top player gets to participate, or those 5 players decide together on who to chose to represent that house, or they fight for the spot, or the tournament could be in teams so like 5v5v5v5 from each house.. This would mean that this tournament would occur every 3 months, which I think its a good time frame for this to not be a huge pressure on the game design team/arena team. I think this would be a nice way to motivate players to earn house points, as well as reward those people that make it to top5 in the end. And the tournament itself is a cool concept.
Cool idea but the selection idea you have listed here is really bad.

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
suggestions? I wanted it to be related to biggest HP earners as like a reward for them bc as of right now, they really get nothing
Should just be randomly chosen grads from each house who choose to enter or something similar to that, if you really want HP earners to be special the top 10 or so could get extra entires.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello, @Ivan_ !

I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted! We like a lot of aspects of this suggestion, but unfortunately think it would be very difficult to hold this tournament as a live event with a few attendees. We think we would like to incorporate ideas from this suggestion into a challenge format, where we combine our types into a singular challenge. Instead of having this as a house competition, we would likely adapt the ideas into our current challenge format of players or teams against each other, in a range of dueling, flying, sledding, etc. For now, this suggestion will be put on hold, but we will be sure to let you know once we have any updates about it.

Thank you for the suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!