DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Edition 10 - Unofficial Roleplay News

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
Greetings, everyone! Welcome to the tenth edition of The Weekly Owl. We have some exciting news that we can’t wait to share with you this week. Thank you for all your support these past 10 weeks and enjoy!

Recent Events
On the 16th of February, Sunseeker Max Fireheart walked into the Phoenix Refuge, only to see it covered in Aurorlocks and Phoenixes recovering from an attack. Max Fireheart got word that the Dark Baron, Henry Chimera, came soon before Max arrived and attacked the Phoenix Refuge. Minato, a Phoenix Trainee, wasn’t cooperating and wanted to go hunt after Henry. In response, Aurorlock Joel Crestello cast Imperius, one of the three unforgivable curses, on Minato, trying to stop him from making a bad decision. As the Aurorlocks and Phoenixes cast at Joel, Minato broke free of the curse. When he was free, he began casting at the Aurorlocks and the Phoenixes. Max, unsure as to whether Minato was still under the curse or just attacking out of pure spite, knocked him out and dragged him into the Phoenix prisons. While this was happening, the Aurorlocks brought Joel Crestello into the prison cell. The Lord of the Phoenixes, Joshua Pendragon, Phoenix Embersage, Arabella Pendragon, and Deputy Aurorlock, Rani Lightwood, as well as other Higher-Up members were called to the scene. It was clear Joshua was disappointed in Minato's actions, but Arabella chose to be lenient with him. After briefly questioning Minato using a Veritaserum potion (permitted by Rani Lightwood), Max Fireheart found that Minato allowed Joel Crestello to use the Imperius curse on him so he could practice resisting the curse and develop a very strong will. Rani Lightwood later arrived, and after being briefed, she decided that Joel would be released under minor consequences (a demotion).

A couple of days later, at the White Wyvern, Yumei Fireheart was having lunch until she was confronted by Dark Council member Isaiah Deathrose, who suddenly aimed his wand at her upon entering. The two dueled outside of the White Wyvern, but Isaiah had bigger plans. Taking Yumei by surprise, he bound her with rope and cast Obscurio on her. He then brought her to an unknown location and put her in a prison cell. Yumei tried fighting back, and Isaiah responded by torturing Yumei using Tormentium, an unforgivable curse, and Lacerum Insisis. It wasn’t long before Dark Baron Henry Chimera, Hektor Crestello, and Maddy arrived. Yumei was forced to drink a Veritserum potion so that she would tell the secrets of the Phoenixes, but she was ignorant to any important secrets, so little came from it. Afterwards, Maddy left while Henry and Hektor stayed a while longer. Soon, a group of Phoenixes arrived at the location and successfully saved Yumei, leading to Isaiah’s apprehension.

On February 21st, Kenna Varulv cast the Tormentium spell at Wayland. However, due to a past charm placed on Kenna’s wand to alert the Ministry if an unforgivable curse is used Aurorlock Lauren Lockhart immediately came to arrest her. Kenna then fought back, prompting a battle between the two. Kenna then managed to escape with the help of Aaron Morte, fleeing to Ireland to meet with Abigail Varulv. A search led by High Phoenix Belle Pendragon and including Lauren, Clem, Matias and Yumei split up to search for Kenna, Aaron and Abigail. Yumei found Aaron’s head in a window, but by the time the group had gathered to enter the trio had already escaped.

Interviews
We were able to interview Minato from the Phoenixes. Minato is a Phoenix Trainee and was the one who was featured in a prior section.

Q: You, like many others, are clearly determined to find Henry. What are your own reasons to put so much effort into impulsively finding Henry?

A: My reasons to find him are the weak behaviour of the Aurorlocks and Phoenixes, the murderer of my brother is running around, we had many opportunities to catch him but we never used them. If no one else takes this job for themself, I will try to do it.

Q: What are your thoughts on how the Phoenixes and Aurorlocks handled the situation?

A: They’re too passive. We can’t know the next decisions of Henry’s plan, he might strike on us while we continue planning his capture. He always gets away when we “plan” something. It would be easier to get him spontaneously since the Dark Council fell, and the Dark Followers are weakened right now.

Q: What are your thoughts on Joel’s punishment?

A: The punishment of Joel is unnecessary, he was the only one who taught me something since I became a part of this war. He tried to protect and help me, but no one listened and Max Fireheart attacked him. The only thing Joel wanted was my safety, nothing dangerous or illegal, and there shouldn’t be any punishment for him.

We interviewed Llama, who recently brought back the Society Against Werewolf Discrimination (SAWD).

Q: What inspired you to bring back SAWD?

A: I realised that Werewolves are still treated differently by many witches and wizards because they are Werewolves, which is unjust. SAWD had protested for two years to gain Werewolf rights, but they still weren’t equal to other witches and wizards. I decided I would fight for what is right, and bring back SAWD.

Q: What are SAWDs goals?

A: SAWD’s mission is to bring attention to the issue of inequality in the wizarding world and to fight by protesting, holding educational forums and meeting with other allegiances such as the Aurorlocks to gain Werewolf equality.

Q: How did the first meeting go?

A: In my opinion, the meeting went great. We had almost 20 attendees, and all of them were eager to help SAWD and Werewolves. We received great input and ideas, and are looking forward to the next meeting. Look out for an announcement soon!

Q: Is SAWD different from the Werewolf pack?

A: Yes, they are different. However, both are fighting for the same goal to gain equality for Werewolves. SAWD will be working closely alongside the Werewolves often.

Advertisement & Contact
In our newspaper, we offer an advertisement section! For only 50 gold, you can put a custom advert in this paper. Contact SLGStardust, SLGLeugim, Maxymoos, Honeycombs_, SLGTara, versai11es or Matias2016 to buy your advertisement today.

If you’d like to apply for a position in The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of Writer, Reporter, Publisher or Distributor.