DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Edition 11 - Unofficial Roleplay News

Stardusted Weirdo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: The_Blue_Lady_
Phoenix Raven
Greetings everyone and welcome back to the eleventh edition of The Weekly Owl! After our 10 week anniversary last week, we’ve gained some new members. We’d like to congratulate Willmandingo and Annamandingo on becoming our newest Reporters, and Clem_Lestrange on becoming our newest Writer! This week has definitely been dangerous and mysterious, and we vow to produce accurate content for all of our readers and to keep the wizarding world informed of our world’s dangers.

Recent Events
On the 21st of February, a trial was held against Isaiah Deathrose. Isaiah Deathrose was accused and found guilty of torturing Yumei Fireheart using the unforgivable curse: Tormentium. The trial was filled with debates amongst Max Fireheart, who represented Yumei and her family, and Alexander Le Fay, and Aaron Morte, who represented Isaiah Deathrose, and an occasional conflict with the witnesses. During the trial, Max Fireheart called a witness to the stand. Maddy, an ex-Dark Follower, was an eyewitness to the crime and testified against Isaiah Deathrose. Alexander Le Fay soon thereafter called Valentine Deathrose to the witness stand, who gave her two cents on the situation. Valentine was caught lying in court and was charged with obstruction of justice, and promptly arrested. Justice and Aurorlock Official Courtney Griffiths gave her verdict that Isaiah Deathrose was insane and sentenced him to 10 years in the Dark Prison.

On February 24th, Robin Varulv, the newest member of the Varulv family, was captured by Alexander Le Fay - a well-known Dark Follower. Robin was tortured at the Varulv Manor using the unforgivable curse Tormentum, and was quickly brought back to the Phoenix Refuge by the Aurorlocks for treatment of her injuries. Alexander Le Fay was captured soon after and arrested and is now being held in the Aurorlock prisons. We would like to give special thanks to the many Aurorlocks who put their lives in danger to protect us, such as Robert Vulchanova, Ariel Vulchanova, Joel Crestello, Ivy Seymour, Tiffany Crestello, and many others.

On Saturday the 27th, our Reporters received word that Isaiah Deathrose escaped the Dark Prison after spending a week in the cells. We do not yet know how he managed to escape, but we’ll have interviews from the guards responsible in our next edition.

Following word of Isaiah’s escape, Duncan Mortemcare attacked Keira Hawthorn and held her hostage at Joel Crestello’s estate. Duncan tied Keira up and cast Tormentium on her, then cast the Ides of March curse on her, giving her 30 days left to live. We have received word that the Phoenixes are going to be researching for a cure to this curse.

Interviews
We managed to get an interview with Yumei Fireheart, mother of Robin Varulv. We wanted to make sure that the Varulv family’s voices were heard, so we decided to use our platform for their benefit.

Q: What did it feel like when Alexander tortured your daughter?

A: I felt very furious about it. Hearing the news breaks my heart so much. It makes me think that I wanted to erase Alexander myself. I know it's a bad thought but I can't help it. She's my daughter, my precious child. No mother can't stand seeing their daughter get hurt.

Q: How did you react to the incident?

A: As I heard the incident, I raged. Throwing harsh words to everyone, not even listening to what other people said. I pushed everyone away. Thank god Star [was] there to help me. Cooling myself down helps me understand everything. I apologized to the people I pushed away after.

Q: If you have one wish for the Aurorlocks, what would it be?

A: I know many people heard what I said before when I was still in rage. Star talked to me after, with her words guiding me I just wish the Aurorlocks will give him the right punishment. All I want is my family to be safe, nothing more.

An insightful interview with an insightful woman. We send our condolences to Robin, Yumei, and Matias Varulv.

Advertisement and Contact
In our newspaper, we offer an advertisement section! For only 50 gold, you can put a custom advert in this paper. Contact SLGStardust, SLGLeugim or Maxymoos to buy your advertisement today.

The Society Against Werewolf Discrimination is opening up job applications for Scout, Oracle, Pack Press Writer, and Editor! All allegiances are welcome! Find out more in this forum post:
https://potterworldmc.com/threads/s-a-w-d-job-applications.8544/

If you’d like to apply for a position in The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of Writer, Reporter, Publisher or Distributor.

Last edited: