DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Edition 16 - Unofficial Roleplay News

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
Hello! Welcome to the 16th edition of The Weekly Owl. Today was quite a busy week and we can’t wait to share all the latest news with you.

Recent Events
On April 4th, the search for the Phoenix Embersage, Arabella Pendragon - who had previously been hit with the Imperius curse - finally concluded. The Phoenixes became aware of a strange source casting Mordevox, and through tracking that they were able to find Arabella in a house southwest of Antrum. While they were there, the Phoenixes also saw the Dark Mistress, Sara Selwyn, however, she warped away before anything happened. The Phoenixes then took Arabella to the Medical Wing, where she was being treated. Both Council of Cinders members now seem to be acting like usual.

On April 9th, Will Wooldyn and Tiffany Pendragon were guarding Minato's cell in the Aurorlock prisons, when Keira showed up with a strange girl, who identified herself as Alyssa (Minato's cousin). They both wanted to talk to him, so the guards let them in one by one. When the second person, Keira, went in, Minato got into a fight and wanted to punch her, but hit the wall, and broke his fingers. The two officers brought him to the Hospital Wing at the Aurorlock base. The officers helped Minato, while Alyssa insisted on seeing him. Tiffany let herself in, and when Alyssa came in, she smacked Will with a lamp, which made her fall on the bed. Minato and Alyssa then escaped. Please report sightings of Minato or Alyssa to any Aurorlocks if you can identify them.

The day before April 10th, a Daily Diviner newspaper article came out, containing a message from a mysterious source. The source said that they had captured the Dark Mistress and the Dark Baron at Longbay Landing, and was willing to give them away as they didn’t want the bounty. All faction leaders and their members travelled to Longbay, only to find a massive potion in the middle of the street that was highly explosive. Dark Followers worked together to get keys to release Henry and Sara, while the Aurorlocks, Phoenixes, and other faction members worked on lowering the potions damage range. When the Dark Mistress remembered that there were ingredients inside of the lighthouse that could stop the explosion completely at the last second, Chailey, the Vampire Queen ran in, followed by Aure, the Vampire Count for protection. Only the Queen came out. Aurorlocks are now working on damage control since Longbay Landing was an unmagical town.

Interviews
After Maddy Lockhart received the role of S.P.E.W. Executive, our team managed to interview her about her hopes and dreams for the club.

Q: Why did you specifically choose S.P.E.W., and why become a representative of elves?

A: I don’t think they’ve gotten enough representation. They’re acknowledged, but not respected. As an Aurorlock, I believe I can cause some real change from within the Ministry. S.P.E.W. is an organization that demands basic rights, and that speaks to me more than any other club.

Q: What are your plans with the club?

A: I plan to further advocate for elvish welfare. I’m going to advertise and promote our cause as much as possible, and get the word out that we’re taking our duties seriously.

Q: Advertising doesn't always get things accomplished. What are your goals? How will you reach them?

A: My ultimate goal is to criminalize the involuntary servitude of house elves. I’m currently contacting everyone I know that agrees with this policy, and ask of them that they get more involved in demanding the bare minimum from the Ministry. If your beliefs align with those of S.P.E.W., please speak out. It’s never too late to advocate for what you believe in; especially since house elves are voiceless and unable to speak for themselves.

Q: Will you be hosting any events anytime soon?

A: I cannot disclose specific information, but my colleagues and I are planning a special event intended to honor house elves. It will entail immersive festivities along with an informational and fun project we’ve been planning.

This week, we also interviewed the Phoenix Embersage, Arabella Pendragon, about her being held under the Imperius curse.

Q: We heard that the Unforgivable Curse “Imperius” was used on you. How did this happen?

A: I honestly have no idea - I hardly remember anything from the time I was held under the curse, I only get distant memories here and there. It makes me sick to my stomach to see what I’ve done. All my memories on who and how have gone - I am truly sorry to anyone I have hurt.

Q: How has your recovery been going?

A: It’s been going very well, I am pretty much perfectly healed. I am so lucky and thankful for everyone who has helped me or sent me flowers. It truly warms my heart.

Q: Do you have any idea why this spell was used on you?

A: I’m in a high up position in the Phoenixes. Some people are desperate to cause any sort of chaos they possibly can. The Phoenixes aren't lacking enemies. This unforgivable spell is the easiest way to cause issues.

Q: Thank you! Last question, why would people want to "Cause issues"?

A: Everyone has their own agendas that they wish to complete. People also cause issues for fun, or even to cover for something. Who knows what this person's reason was. Again I’m so sorry for how I acted under this horrid curse. I hope to find out who did it and bring them to justice. Not just for myself but for everyone I was forced to harm.

After the explosion in Longbay Landing, one of the town’s residents, Max Fireheart, who’s also the Phoenix Sunseeker was interviewed by our team.

Q: Do you believe you were targeted or was it coincidental after yesterday's events?

A: I believe I am not of that great importance to have been targeted to destroy my hometown, almost killing all the citizens. I believe it might have just been a coincidence on the mysterious person's fault.

Q: We always hear the difference between a house and a home, what does "home" mean to you?

A: Home is something that holds memories, but also something that holds the people you love. I've lost too many people in my life, and now only have 1 family member, so really home can travel anywhere. That place was special because of its memories, and while a home may not be defined by a place, houses are also special - especially if they hold so many memories.

Q: With the recent events, do you currently feel safe in the Wizarding World with this mysterious person on the loose?

A: Are we all ever really safe? I just believe that in some cases, there are higher chances of being unsafe than not. I have full trust in the Aurorlocks to capture them, and if they don't, we will always work together for the greater good as the Phoenixes.

Advertisement and Contact
In our newspaper, we offer an advertisement section! For only 50 gold, you can put a custom advert in this paper. Contact SLGStardust, SLGLeugim or Maxymoos to buy your advertisement today.

Hi there! Come to /housing Invokus for cheap unopened grad recipes, broom recipes, brooms and much more.

Visit my housing at /housing BurntBannaSplt

If you’d like to apply for a position in The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of Writer, Reporter, Publisher or Distributor.