DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Edition 7 - Unofficial Roleplay News

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
Greetings everyone, and welcome to the seventh edition of The Weekly Owl! Quite a lot of incidents occured this week, and after gathering as much information as we could, we’re excited to share the latest news. As an aside, we’d like to congratulate ReversoAlex, who is currently a publisher for the Weekly Owl, on becoming a Distributor!

Recent Events

On January 26th, Max Fireheart returned to his home, the Fireheart Manor, to find that his whole family estate had been burnt to the ground by Henry Chimera and Tara Yurei. At the scene, at least 6 other Dark Followers and Sal (an ex-High Phoenix), who is aligned with the Werewolves, were there. Furious at Henry and Tara for destroying the last thing he shared with his late family, Max began to verbally retaliate against the Dark Followers and called for backup. Moments later, Keira, a Phoenix Tear, started to creep close to Sal and refused to back up. Sal, who was denied his personal space, threatened to imprison Keira if she did not step away shortly. Max, taking this as a threat, casted on Sal, which started a fight between the two groups. In the end, the Phoenixes were defeated and retreated to the Refuge. The Phoenix Tears tended to the wounded , then refocused their efforts on saving their energy for future.

About a week ago, a mysterious source leaked a recording of the Dark Hand and the Werewolf Alpha planning an attack on the newly released Phoenix Base. The Phoenixes came prepared with different traps and forces in the tunnels that the Dark Followers infiltrated. This major event ended in a large fight between the Council of Cinders and the Dark Hand, ending in the Flamekeeper, Andreu, being placed under an extreme paralysis by the Dark Lord, Noah Pendragon. The Dark Followers swiftly took their leave, abandoning the wounded Phoenixes.

This past week, tensions have risen between the Dark Followers and the Werewolves. Even as the two parties are allied, Dark Followers show mild hostility towards Werewolves, often treating them as lesser beings instead of equals. Recently, Henry Chimera, Dark Baron, ordered an attack on a group of peaceful Werewolves that resided at the Dark Followers Camp. The outcome was several injured Werewolves who were brought to the Werewolf Refuge to be treated.
The Dark Followers have lost some Werewolf members as a result of the attack on their kind, along with their treatment. This may lead to fewer numbers on the Dark Followers’ side in the ongoing war. Some wonder if the two parties will stay allied or if a civil war within the Dark Followers could spark due to the recent attacks.

January 31st. Tiffany Pendragon Found
10 witches and wizards began their search for Tiffany Pendragon, who was believed to be kidnapped, led by former Dark Lord Joel Crestello. They began within the Mysterious Manor, which Crestello believed to be the next location that would have clues to the whereabouts of Mrs. Pendragon. Once there, they found a rather interesting clue. Specifically, an encrypted note where the first letters in each sentence spelt out “Long Bay”. The party quickly moved to Long Bay in hopes of more answers.
Once there, the party searched throughout the town, and Belle Pendragon found another haunting note, stating: “SAVE ME - 0:13”. Using the clue from the previous Weekly Owl exclusive, the group watched the Revelius Trailer and went to the timestamp “0:13”. What was shown was rather disturbing. An abandoned castle and mansion seemingly in the Antrum area. The party searched for the site and after lots of worry and strife, found Tiffany Pendragon within the abandoned mansion.
Tiffany recounted her plights from the kidnapping, telling a most harrowing tale. During the questioning, she stated that Duncan Mortemcare had kidnapped her, but she had managed to secretly grab one of his journals before he left. Back at Matt Campbell’s residence, they decided to read through the book. Its tales left the entire group shocked as it detailed Duncan's journeys seeking to create a soulshard. The most pressing concern was Mrs. Pendragon’s soul. The group had to figure out if her soul was still intact as a Vampire.
Joel and Keira Hawthorn, arriving later than the rest of the party, came to the conclusion that performing an astral projection ritual on Tiffany would give them the answers they needed. The idea was to take Mrs. Pendragon into the spectral world in hopes she would see someone. After performing the ritual, Mrs. Pendragon slept while her astral projection was meeting someone who had passed. She started to cry, alarming the group, so Crestello decided it was time for her to wake up. Mrs. Pendragon stated she had seen her mother, proving her soul was fortunately still intact. The unfortunate side of this discovery was it meant Mortemcare had taken a different soul, opening up a new mystery.
The only other valuable piece of information in Mortemcare’s journal were statements that 5 artifacts were needed to open the Mortemcare Vault, wherein he is still desperately trying to enter. The knowledge of this possible soulshard is extremely serious and not something to be taken lightly by the public. Duncan Mortemcare is on the loose and very dangerous. There is no information telling how many soulshards he wishes to create or what lengths he is willing to go to to open the Mortemcare Vault.

Interviews

After the Fireheart estate was burned to the ground, our Reporters managed to get an interview with Justin, a Dark Council member for the Dark Followers.

Q: What are your thoughts about the Fireheart estate being burnt down?

A: I didn't agree with the attack on his residence. We didn't discuss it with the Council, and so I think it was foolish to attack.

Q: What was the disagreement with Henry you held afterwards?

A: It was foolish what Henry decided to do; he recently got promoted to Dark Baron, and I already see he's abusing his powers. Of course, he's one of the strongest, but he should've met with the Council to discuss the attack, and he didn't.

Q: Any thoughts on the Werewolves and Dark follower alliance and where it is at the moment?

A: I think the alignment between the Werewolves and DFs is fading. I notice the Dark Followers don't trust the Werewolves much enough. I recently banished a Werewolf from our grounds, Henry's orders, of course.

We also managed to get an interview with Max Fireheart, the owner of the estate that got burned to the ground.

Q: When you arrived at the estate, what was your reaction?

A: I was completely OUTRAGED. Tara and Henry both knew that that manor was the only thing I had left to connect me to my family and my past, and destroying it… wiped out a piece of my life.

Q: Why did you cast at Sal, not Henry or Tara?

A: That’s a good question, and I’m going to be honest, I wasn’t thinking straight. What would you have done, and how rationally would you have been thinking if your home just got destroyed?

We wish all our readers safety during this time of great unrest and danger.

Advertisement and Contact
In our newspaper, we offer an advertisement section! For only 50 gold, you can put a custom advert in this paper. Contact SLGStardust, SLGLeugim, Maxymoos, Honeycombs_, SLGTara, versai11es or Matias2016 to buy your advertisement today.

If you'd like to apply for a position for The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of either Writer, Reporter, Publisher, or Distributor.