DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Edition 8 - Unofficial Roleplay News

Stardusted Weirdo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: The_Blue_Lady_
Phoenix Raven
Salutations everyone, and welcome to the eighth edition of The Weekly Owl! This week has sure been hectic, to say the least. There have been some very unfortunate events, and we’re not too excited to share them. We wish you all a pleasant read, and safety during these troublesome times.

Recent Events: C/W DEATH & MURDER
Following the major attack upon the Phoenix Base, on February 1st, it was revealed that Dark Council member Tara Yurei was suspected to be murdered. Arabella Pendragon, the Phoenix Embersage, received a letter signed by Duncan Mortemcare, saying that he had killed Tara. Later events mentioned below will reveal that this was in fact the act of framing. The Phoenixes and Aurorlocks gathered swiftly at the Phoenix base to organize a search party. Individual groups of three or four people were intended to search different areas. Tara's body was then shortly found in the freezer room of the White Wyvern, with her broken wand and a rose found within the surrounding area as well. People fled to the scene as Aurorlocks closed off the area as an investigation began to be conducted into her death and killer. The body was later transported to the Ministry of Magicians, where it is being held before her funeral service. We send our condolences to her family and friends.

One day after Tara Yurei was found dead, it was reported by sources and a search party that Shin, a fairly new Phoenix, was found dead in the same place as Tara Yurei. The hunt for the murderer began and a day later Henry Chimera, the Dark Baron, turned himself into the Aurorlock's custody. His reason? He didn’t want to run for the rest of his life. In his words: consequences will always reach you. More information upon his sentencing will be further in the paper.

A few days ago, Yumei Fireheart entered the Phoenix Refuge, she saw Matias Varulv lying on the floor, badly injured and unconscious. As a Phoenix Tear, she was able to tend to Matias’s wounds. When Matias awoke, he told Yumei that he had been attacked by Alexander Le Fay, who then kidnapped Josh Greyback. Yumei Fireheart was infuriated and began to search for Alexander and Josh. As Yumei visited Le Fay's manor, she saw Alexander in front with Allan Varulv behind him. Yumei immediately began casting at them out of rage, and she demanded Josh's release, but Alexander refused. The fighting ensued until Matias decided to escape by apparating them both out of Alexander's Manor and to the Phoenix Refuge. After all the chaos, Yumei decided to search Josh's house once more. To her surprise she found Josh himself standing there. When she asked him how he managed to escape, he revealed that the Dark Followers made him a deal. In exchange for his freedom, he would have to walk away from everyone and everything currently his life and never come back. Our sources say that Josh agreed, and hasn't been seen since.

In a shocking turn of events, Henry Chimera willingly turned himself in upon February 3rd. What led up to his capture was a letter Aurorlock Casara Griffiths received from him when she arrived at her home, telling her to meet him at the Broomstix Inn. When the two met, Henry didn’t hesitate to give his wand to her, which was found out to be a fake later on, and admit that he was tired of running from the Phoenixes and Aurorlocks. Even though it was oddly suspicious, the Aurorlocks brought him into custody and locked him in the Ministry’s prison. During the time up until Henry Chimera’s trial, his prison was heavily guarded by both the Aurorlocks and Phoenixes. However, it was not without incident. Two breakout attempts from the Dark Follower forces and an escape attempt from Henry himself were reported and settled before any real issues could occur.

Henry Chimera's trial was scheduled for Saturday, February 6th at 2pm, and numerous guards and precautions were set into place to have it run smoothly. Wands were taken away from those in the audience upon their entry into the Ministry’s courtroom. The seats were packed as people sat through the court's proceedings. The court called their witness to the stand, Kenna Varulv, to testify on what happened to Shin and the actions Henry committed to kill him. Despite having a confession via a veritaserum potion, the Ministry insisted that it will have no doubts on Henry's verdict. However, It was clear that the trial ran longer than some assumed, as Aaron Morte's polyjuice potion began to lose its effect. Justin, a Dark Council member attempted to hide Aaron from the Aurorlocks, yet it only ended in sending themselves into the Aurorlock's custody. Yet, it begs the question of who was really there during the trial. With no further interruptions, the trial concluded with Henry Chimera being found guilty of the murders of Shin and Tara Yurei. He was sentenced with two accounts of first degree murder, the usage of two unforgivable curses, and alludement of Aurorlock authorities to life in the Dark Prison. Phoenix Talons and the Aurorlocks on guard then transported him to the highest floor of the prison where he will remain for the rest of his natural life.

Interviews
This week, our reporters interviewed Ceww, Holly, Rain, Hannah, and Shin for their opinions on the recently revealed Phoenix Nest.

Q: “What is your opinion on the new Phoenix Base?”

Ceww replied “I think it’s wonderful! I love the architecture and design and I love spending time in it!”

Holly answered “It’s a nice change from the Refuge, definitely. And long overdue for the Phoenixes to have their own base again.”

Rain responded with ”I really like the new Phoenix base! It’s got a lot of new areas to explore, and I’m sure I still haven’t seen all of it yet. The only downside is that navigating it all is quite hard.”

“It’s nice, for a treehouse. Convenient that the Phoenixes should find their base before us, but no doubt the Dark Followers will soon follow suit.” Hannah said.

zShin replied with “I love the new base, the architecture and planning of it is really great. The dueling table/field looks really good, but PVP should be allowed there for spells you can’t use on housing.”

Q: What is your favorite part of the new Phoenix Base?

Ceww said ”My favorite part of the base would definitely have to be the gazebo. I love the flowers, the couches, and the stars in the ceiling!”

Holly answered ”It’s pretty, and architecturally it’s very unique. There’s a lot of space to expand as well, so good for them.”

Rain replied with “My favourite part of the new base is the library, it’s got a nice touch with the windows, it just feels like you don’t have a roof above your head!”

Hannah responded ”The best part is probably the gazebo. It’s far enough from the action to think clearly, and it isn’t half-bad to look at.”

Shin said “My favorite part of it is the architecture. I just love the combination of a castle with giant trees and different rooms.”

Advertisement and Contact
In our newspaper, we offer an advertisement section! For only 50 gold, you can put a custom advert in this paper. Contact SLGStardust, SLGLeugim, Maxymoos, Honeycombs_, SLGTara, versai11es or Matias2016 to buy your advertisement today.

If you'd like to apply for a position for The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of either Writer, Reporter, Publisher, or Distributor.

Last edited: