DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

tournament general sign up

SnowyKitty

New Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SnowyKitty
Staff Griffin Class Helper Jr. Game Designer
hello it's niko with an epic suggestion

when signing up for a tournament, have an option to apply without a team. then, once the tournament starts, the arena staff can pair you up. a lot of people don't really know enough people on the server to create teams (ex. 5 person team for flying competitions). it'd give people a chance to make new friends and have a chance to participate in tournaments without stressing about finding enough people.
you could also use this to make teams smaller than 5 and add people who don't have a team! for example, you're three besties, but don't have two more friends who play the server. this would allow you to get a full team without having to scramble to look for other people or feel discouraged to sign up because you're lacking people.

thank u

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @ozziekai,

Thank you for the suggestion! The Poltergeist Team will discuss it, bring it up to the Arena Team Leadership and then we'll get back to you with the decision that has been made.

Have a fantastic day!

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Me being someone who would love to join tournaments but have 1 friend this sounds like a phenomenal idea. I always get a little disappointed for the fact I can’t join tournaments yet Id love too. #IamFriendless

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @ozziekai,

We have taken the time to discuss your idea and have unfortunately decided to decline it. Hopefully, you can understand our reasoning for it, which I'll explain now.

We would rather keep the sign-up aspect for tournaments because of their competitive nature. They are meant to be the main competitions in flying, dueling, etc, so we expect players to put in the effort of finding their teams beforehand.
Challenges, on the other hand, anyone can join to use them as an opportunity to meet new people and practice their skills for the tournaments. We think that doing the same for tournaments is unnecessary, as challenges are far more frequent and this would simply detract from the competitiveness and organization of tournaments.

However, we do now have a channel in the arena discord called "need-team" which we encourage players to use to find teammates for upcoming tournaments and challenges. We hope this can help more players attend tournaments because it makes finding a team easier.

Thank you once again for bringing up your idea to us and we wish you a great day!