DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Town Claiming

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Revelius has only been out for 10 minutes to the public, and already families and organizations have been claiming towns. So, why not make it official? We could have a war system, a town ownership system (you have to pay x materials each week to keep your town happy), a town pvp toggle (owners can choose whether to allow pvp), etc. Truly, the possibilities are endless.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I can imagine this type of town claiming system can be accessed through a town roleplay NPC located within each town that covers parts of what you mentioned.

NPC's GUI
  • The NPC can show the name of the roleplay family that "owns" the town above it's head.
  • There can either be a list of names or an inventory of player heads showing the names of the players within the family that owns the town.
  • The GUI can also have a town payment system where someone within the family can pay the materials or gold needed to maintain town ownership.
    • Example: 1000 gold and maybe rare mob drops as payment - Then the town can be owned for 1 week.
    • This can also show a countdown timer for how long the ownership will last until it resets.
  • If PVP in Towns were enabled then there should be limitations and repercussions to this.
    • There would be a toggle switch or notification in the GUI.
    • Not everyone can get PVP'd especially unsuspecting players that are just travelling in the town.
    • Maybe only enable PVP for players in the family list?
    • Have a monetary cost to enable PVP such as 500g for 1 hour of PVP?
    • Enable loot drops if players are in PVP mode.
    • Make it so that PVP'ing can't be turned on and off without actual repercussions. Such as if these players want to PVP then they need to lose something in exchange for being privy to PVP'ing in the main world - or it could be an alternate world where everyone in the family that wants to PVP gets teleported to?
This town roleplay NPC should have similar features around it within all town claimed areas so players are able to recognize that it's part of roleplay. It could stand on a white quartz base with a gold circle or it could be placed in a small tent.

kryiinq

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kryiinq
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
I actually like this idea for towns! Players are really excited already about claiming towns for roleplay, I definitely agree with this idea!

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I love this idea, and it will really intertwine the new worldmap with the already-created roleplay families! It will give joining a family a whole new meaning! :O

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
'ello! After much consideration and debate, we're going to have to respectively decline this suggestion. Town Roleplay and Claiming don't really fit with what we envision for the server. We also believe that all Town Roleplay should remain unofficial in order to maintain the vision we have for the future. Thank you for your suggestion though and please feel free to suggest other things in the future!