DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Wand Appearance Warning

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Personal Anecdote:
So I recently mastered Herbology and with it comes the special vine wand. I wear unbreakable robes on my character so the part that crawls up your arm would be obscured, making it not look great in my opinion. However I decided I just wanted to try it on anyway just to see what it would look like so I applied my wand appearance and it confirmed the fact that it didn't look great. However when I attempted to switch back I learned there is no way to actually go back to your original wand appearance and that the only way to restore my old, starter appearance is to buy a wand pack on the store for 4$, meaning I am stuck with a wand apperance I don't like unless I spend real world money or I do a store trade.

Suggestion:
I realize the reason you can't go back to your starter wand is probably that the technical side of it is very complicated and so while it would be nice to have that I realize it probably can't happen because everyone gets different ones. So what I suggest instead is a confirmation message when you first want to switch your wand appearance from the starter one you get that says something like "Once you activate this you can not switch back to your previous wand appearance from the wand shop". If there is a confirmation message for traveling via floo powder (something that costs at most 0.2 gold) I don't think it is unreasonable to have it for the deletion of your first wand appearance.

Last edited:

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Yeah I totally agree - if you're going to lose the option forever at having that wand back it should give you some kind of warning so you're aware of it before getting rid of it forever.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello! Thanks for making a suggestion, we really appreciate that.
I will now talk about your suggestion with the rest of the Poltergeist Team and get back to you with a response, as soon as possible!
Have a magical day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @luckiestblock!
After reflecting on your idea, we are happy to inform you that it has been accepted and implemented! We've added a warning for both wand appearances and wand names to the /wand GUI. You can see what I mean here.
Thanks again for bringing your idea up to us. We thought it was useful and it should hopefully prevent players from perhaps losing a wand appearance they do not want to lose. We hope that you will bring up more ideas in the future as well!
Have a fantastic day!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Heya @luckiestblock!
After reflecting on your idea, we are happy to inform you that it has been accepted and implemented! We've added a warning for both wand appearances and wand names to the /wand GUI. You can see what I mean here.
Thanks again for bringing your idea up to us. We thought it was useful and it should hopefully prevent players from perhaps losing a wand appearance they do not want to lose. We hope that you will bring up more ideas in the future as well!
Have a fantastic day!
lovely! I almost forgot this thread exists lol