DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Wand cores

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
so when you first get your wand, you can get lots of different cores. This includes the three Ollivander cores (phoenix feather, unicorn hair and dragon heartstring) but also others, for example, veela hair or coral. But Ollivander said very clearly on Pottermore: 'After much experimentation and research, I concluded that only three substances produce wands of the quality to which I am happy to give the illustrious name of Ollivander: unicorn hair, dragon heartstring and phoenix feather.' Everyone gets their first wands from Ollivander's on PW, so why are more than these three cores available? Yes it gives more variation, but the woods do that anyway - or perhaps wand lengths/flexibility could be added in too?

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Honey_Dwarf1,
Thank you for coming forward with your suggestion!
I will now discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists and we will get back to you soon with a response.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hey again!
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for Potterworld. We really appreciate it and would love to see more from you in the future!
Unfortunately, after discussing your idea, we have decided to decline it. We will not be implementing this because we feel like the variety of wand cores that are offered provide a higher variety of wands, which makes players' wands feel more special and unique. Furthermore, on Potterworld we have our own Lore, which while similar to Harry Potter Lore, does have it's deviances. Players buy their wands from Jollivan, not from Ollivander after all!
Stay safe and enjoy your day!