DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Warn for /leaving

Which idea do you prefer?

• None of them, I'll explain it in a comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
Idea 1 - /leave for class and /exit for game
/leave
  • “Are you sure you want to leave class? You won’t get any AC and your assignment will not be graded. Write /leave again to confirm leaving the class. To leave the game queue, use /exit.”
  • “Are you sure you want to leave class? You won’t get any AC and your assignment will not be graded. CLICK HERE to confirm leaving the class. To leave the game queue, use /exit.”
  • GUI, similarly to accepting quests
/exit
  • “Are you sure you want to exit the game queue? Write /exit again to confirm. Use /leave to leave class.”
  • "Are you sure you want to exit the game queue? CLICK HERE to confirm. Use /leave to leave class.”
  • GUI, similarly to accepting quests
It would be easy to learn, “game” and “exit” have 4 letters, “class” and “leave” have 5 letters.

Idea 2 - universal /leave, /exit, and /quit command
  • “What would you like to leave? CLICK HERE to leave class and CLICK HERE to leave the game queue.”
  • GUI with the 2 options
Benefits of both
  • It’s easy to explain and the warnings help you a lot
  • The warning messages warn you about the consequences and mention the right way how to leave what you want
  • It would be a consistent system preventing you from making any mistakes

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Howdy Nik! Okay, I totally understand this. When I'm in class I often see someone say " Omg I left class, I meant to leave the hide and seek instead :( " For newer or forgetful students, this isn't fun. I'm not sure how this could be added but I'd love to see something small added in the future, at least a warning would be nice. Have a great day!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think that Idea 2 is a better option because it gives players a choice on if they want to leave a class or game in a GUI without second guessing if they did the correct command in the first place.

The prompts from Idea 1 could likely be added to prompts in Idea 2 so both ideas can be had in Idea 2!

Something like this should definitely be added so players can avoid being confused even more on this server.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I have left class accidentally so many times because of this. I'm sure it's a pain for the teachers and class helpers, and it's a massive pain for me. I lose crucial time that could be spent writing and improving my story or assignment. I'm sure many people feel the same way as I do, so I personally agree with option 1.

Aspasia

Animorphus
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order
I like Idea #2 because it will be more clean and will look very nice and would fit with other ways Potterworld handles GUIs.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya Nik! Thank you so much for this suggestion! We are always looking for ways to make the server easier to understand and play on. I will bring up your idea with the other poltergeists and get some more feedback on this. I will get back to you with our decision once we have discussed it some more. Have a wonderful day!

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey again!

I apologize for the wait on this decision. Thank you so much for your suggestion as we really do appreciate every new idea for the server. I have brought your idea up but unfortunately we will be declining it at this moment in time. We honestly really loved this idea and thought it would be extremely helpful for players, but the way we would like to have implemented this is not currently possible. We are definitely looking to improving these things for minigames and would love to be able to see this put in the future! However, for now, we are unable to.

Again thank you very much for your suggestion and we hope to hear more ideas you have in the future! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)