DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Wizards P.E.

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: heyitslena
Staff Potterwatch Streamer Raven Master Arithmancer
I'm sure you guys get many, MANY, messages regarding Wizards P.E. I hardly complain about Wizards P.E. (in class chat, discord or forums..) because I know practice makes perfect. I've grown a lot with my parkour skills and I understand Potterworld's Parkours are challenging, and I know what to expect. I'm really here on behalf of my friends who are still lower years, from just 1st years to 4th yrs, they're still new, and so they obviously didn't expect Wizards P.E to be as hard as it was. You'd think P.E. would be easy because in-real life P.E. you're learning sports, and I think it should be applied in Potterworld as well. (For example, the first course should be a really easy learning experience and when we finish it, we earn 1AC, then we can go onto the next level course and earn another AC, and by the 3rd course we'd earn the usual AC and complete that as the main big course. If that makes sense.)

Another suggestion I have is making blocks easier to see. What I mean by this is that sometimes you have blocks that match the floor too much and people can't distinguish where the blocks are when they jump to them. I have a friend who doesn't have the best eye sight and it makes it really difficult. He's complained about it at every class I've been in with him.

Limit the amount of fences. I can't tell you how stressful these are. I'm pretty decent at them, but at times I can spend pretty much the whole class on them. 3-4 in a row is fine, but more than that it's just too much.

Different ways to earn a skip. So, a friend of mine brought this suggestion up during today's class to me. Trivia is tricky, obviously it's supposed to be, but not everyone knows Potterworld lore, especially new players. I think being able to skip a whole group to a new section needs to come back. People need to experience the parkours to learn and to know what to expect and they can't do that if they're stuck on the same stage every class. I also thought maybe staff can look out for those who've been working really hard, hasn't complained once, and maybe hasn't got a trivia right to give them a skip. It'll show other players what they can earn if they work hard and are respectful in chat. I've seen how nasty players can get and it just blows my mind how easily people can upset over a game. It really shows that Wizards P.E. really is too difficult.

There's also been really hard questions regarding science, history, etc.. anything you would have learned in school and not everyone has learned those things. Heck, I've seen questions about things I've never heard of and I haven't been in school in YEARS. I couldn't answer them to save my life. I've also seen stuff regarding Anime, TV Shows, etc.. and not everyone watches Anime or seen the TV Show in question. I think Trivia questions should really be Potterworld/Harry Potter related. Trivia needs to be more fair to give EVERYONE, EVER YEAR, EVERY AGE a chance to get it right and earn a skip. Also, I think we need at least 30-60 secs to read the question before unmuting chat, because my head goes blank during parkour and I can't think, as well as being considerate to those who need a few seconds to read the questions. Not everyone can read at a fast pace. We are also given 45mins to complete the parkour, and I think it's a good amount of time, but we need more Trivia during that time. I guess it depends on the teacher because sometimes there can be A LOT and other times we get like 4-5 questions in 45mins. I really don't think that's enough.

And lastly, it would be really cool if we could practice the parkour courses. Like, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a thing for flying and I think it could be the same for Wizards PE!

Hopefully, my suggestions make sense and you guys take some into consideration. Thanks taking the time to read this! I appreciate it.

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
hi there, wiz pe frequenter here !!
my thoughts on your suggestions:

1. having multiple courses
this confuses me a little. there's a reason why wiz pe has checkpoints. what is the point of having an easy, medium, then hard course when that is essentially the same as the easy-hard levels that are present in a singular course? you get ac either way, it seems rather redundant

2. making blocks easier to see
this i agree with. some parts of the parkour (such as the library in hogsworth) are extremely dark to me. my laptop screen's brightness is not the best, so it can be difficult to see. while i could optionally turn up gamma, it would be a lot easier if darker rooms were just lit up more

3. less fences
this is subjective to you. while you & and others may find fences hard to do, some may find that headhitters, 4 block jumps, etc are way harder for them. if they got rid of all the "hard" jumps that everyone complained about, then there would simply be no course lol

4. different ways to get skip
i agree with the base idea of having different ways to get skips (trivia can get boring after some time tbh) but i think your suggestion of awarding skips to well-behaved players puts too much work on the class helpers. they have other things to do, they cant monitor what 60 people are saying or not saying. how would they keep track of it all?

5. trivia that everyone can do
this... yeah, I'm not sure how this is manageable. what kind of trivia question is asked that everyone would know the topic of? even harry potter is out of the question. i have friends who play who have never read or watched a single book or movie. trivia is knowing an obscure fact. the point is that you know something that most people don't. you can't exactly complain about not knowing about a trivia topic when the point is that most people aren't supposed to know the answer

6. more time for trivia
ehh, this i would be iffy on. time can vary, but i always find time to read the entire question and type out an answer. lots of times i have the answer typed out and I'm just waiting for chat to be unmuted. it really depends on the professor. I've also gotten trivia very frequently by literally googling answers. I'm saying like 1-2 per class. definitely lots of time for answering, unless it's a well-known topic/question

7. ways to practice parkour courses
agreed! I've actually built exact replicas of some parts of the courses (last stage of wipeout & nearly the entire whale course) just for this purpose. though, i do think that if enough people are using them, the real courses in wiz pe would have to have their difficulty upped. finishing the course isn't as rewarding when the entire class can do it

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: heyitslena
Staff Potterwatch Streamer Raven Master Arithmancer
I 100% agree with everything you just said! I was going to add more but I didn't wanna come off as annoying and me like "change this, change that..etc" because there's really only so much they can do to make Wizards P.E. enjoyable for all players. It's just really upsetting to see your friend be on the verge of tears because they couldn't get past a 8 block head hitter. I was in a call with other people doing the parkour and the frustration was crazy. Somethings gotta give here. I applaud those who create the parkours, it's a lot of work, but they need to really taken into consideration that not everyone is a master at parkour. Minecraft is for all ages. Potterworld has a many players of all ages. I understand they can't cater to everyone, but there's already enough hard parkours around the map we can do and practice with, but with Wizards P.E, it should be fun not headache inducing.

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
I 100% agree with everything you just said! I was going to add more but I didn't wanna come off as annoying and me like "change this, change that..etc" because there's really only so much they can do to make Wizards P.E. enjoyable for all players. It's just really upsetting to see your friend be on the verge of tears because they couldn't get past a 8 block head hitter. I was in a call with other people doing the parkour and the frustration was crazy. Somethings gotta give here. I applaud those who create the parkours, it's a lot of work, but they need to really taken into consideration that not everyone is a master at parkour. Minecraft is for all ages. Potterworld has a many players of all ages. I understand they can't cater to everyone, but there's already enough hard parkours around the map we can do and practice with, but with Wizards P.E, it should be fun not headache inducing.
It can be frustrating, but the same can be said for dueling. Wizard’s PE is completely optional & there’s no requirement to attend. Skill is needed for parkour, and skill is needed for dueling. Parkours that are mandatory (event parkours, quest ones, etc) are much, much easier and shorter to complete. Imagine all the people complaining in Wiz Pe, and put that in a dueling context. It seems rather ridiculous. I don’t mean to put down your suggestion, but I really enjoy skill based classes, not participation ones. Either way, you get rewarded by the progress you make, even if you don’t get anywhere. Simply put, if you want to get more AC, practice on your own time so you’re prepared for class. Everyone who does well in Wiz Pe isn’t born with the skill, they worked for it, and are therefore rewarded for it.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @heyitslena!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion, as well as some feedback regarding Wizard's PE! We're always seeking ways to improve the server and make it fair and fun for all players. After carefully discussing the suggestions with the leadership team, it has been mostly declined, but there are a few we found that will be looked into!

(1)For the suggestion about having courses that you progress through, while it would be a hefty amount of work, the concept is interesting. For now, we will discuss this further, as it requires a lot more thought. Additionally, we will be looking into updating or revamping some of the current maps, so the level of difficulty may change. (2)Regarding the suggestion about the visibility of blocks, we will go through the courses and check if any are unreasonably hard to see.

(3)For lessening the amount of fences, we try to ensure that the courses have variety. Unless there’s an entire map that’s half fences, we won't be doing this. (4)As for skips, while we understand that it would be nice to have some variety with how they're given, it is the professor's decision on how they want to do it. (5)The same thing applies to trivia, as this is up to the professor or class helper. Additionally, we have a rule about not having any trivia from TV shows or fictions books that are not HP related. However, having it be solely HP/PW trivia might be too limiting, and there are players who don’t know much about the PW history or have read/watched HP. (6)As for the suggestion about parkour courses to practice on, a similar suggestion was brought up and got accepted, which is here.

We hope that you continue to create more suggestions and share them with us in the near future! Thank you again, and I hope you have a wonderful day!