DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A Scarf Collector's Conundrum!

Riverrrr

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Riverrrr
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
Dear citizens of this great nation,

I have come to you with an issue of great concern. In the recently released Valentine's Event in Enchanted Hollow, something very distressing has occurred. Four of the scarves that were released in this event are in fact fake! These scarves are nearly identical to the scarves released in the Enchanted Hollow 2021 event. The only difference between the fake scarves released in 2024 and the real ones released in 2021 is the year in their descriptions. The evidence of this is attached. Scarves have become valued as a collector's item since they are a constant throughout almost all events and therefore tell a history of this great nation. The very best scarf museums can viewed in the housing plots of the most illustrious and prestigious celebrities such as myself of course, RainbowElfe, _Navyy, AzureAsh, tillquila, and luckiestblock.

These imposter scarves threaten the integrity of the scarf market as they devalue the original 2021 scarves. Scarves are currently the only trustworthy investment at this time due to the rapid inflation this great nation is facing. I have attached an image of my beautiful scarf collection and as you can see, there is not much room for any additional scarves (especially not for imposter scarves). In conclusion, scarves should not be disrespected like this. Scarves have been a completely unique item at every event which makes them a wonderful collector's item. Scarves differ from other event items since they cannot be collected every year and are therefore exclusive.

There is an additional concern I would like to raise. It is not, however, as calamitous as the case of the imposter scarves. This issue is scarves that are unique but are difficult to differentiate between. This has been an issue with the 2022/2023 Beskar/Beskir scarves and the 2014/2020 Phoenix Scarves. The greatly acclaimed RainbowElfe has created a Scarf Index with all the scarves up until the end of 2021 which may be useful in preventing future conundrums such as this. The Scarf Index is linked here.

Sincerely,

Riverrrr

P.S. Ivan made a suggestion in 2021 for each event to have only one unique scarf. This suggestion was accepted. However, it was not implemented. The 2023 May the Fourth Event and the 2023 Halloween Event have both had nine scarves. This makes it very difficult to be able to identify which event scarves have come from and also makes them less unique/rare. This suggestion is linked here.

2024-02-04_21.11.22.png
1707109351210.png
1707109360883.png

Last edited:

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
wow... to be honest when you told me that the scarves were the same, I thought that you meant just the color of them were the same. I'm honestly shocked even the descriptions are exactly the same too. to me this shows potterworld is not putting care into its events and players, even more so after ivans suggestion was accepted. highly disappointing.

Last edited:

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya @Riverrrr!

Thank you for coming to us with this feedback! As a scarf collector myself (I appreciate the mention as a scarf collector!), I definitely understand where you're coming from, and know the struggles of trying to identify scarves!

The GD leadership has reviewed the feedback you have brought up, and have agreed that scarves should and will go back to being 1 unique scarf per event. The matter of only having 1 scarf an event from the original suggestion was unfortunately not communicated properly when the separate GD teams were merged into a bigger Game Designer team. Going forward, we will be limiting the scarves we release in order to preserve their worth. However, the current scarves in the event will not be changed in any way, as players have already obtained these items in their current state.

to me this shows potterworld is not putting care into its events and players
As we've noted in the Game Design Blog here, events have been scaled back a bit so that we can work towards Potterworld 2.0 in a more productive manner, allowing us to get our new version into players' hands faster. This means that events this year may return to popular locations, and re-use old quests. With that being said however, we will re-examine rewards and ensure that we can make them more rewarding moving forward.

Once again, thanks so much for bringing this up to us, and we hope this all makes sense! I'll be marking this thread as feedback!