DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A way to (hopefully) avoid duplicate suggestions

Yvvyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yvvyx
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I'm not sure if this is possible or not but I think it would be useful to add a feature that recommends you similar suggestion thread titles to avoid the same idea being posted twice. I'd personally rather not have to check every single suggestion to see if it has been placed already or not.
The idea is basically when you fill in the title of your suggestion post you get a link to similar posts that contain either a same key word or something like that so there won't be duplicate suggestions!

Last edited:

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Cool idea but you can just search key words using "SEARCH" in the top right of the screen. Sure it searches through all of the forums but imo it is a sufficient way to search for duplicates.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Cool idea but you can just search key words using "SEARCH" in the top right of the screen. Sure it searches through all of the forums but imo it is a sufficient way to search for duplicates.
ye problem is tho, most players dont know or use this feature, i think if it sort of pushed it in ur face it wud be more efficient

Yvvyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yvvyx
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I tried that but some key words are used in a lot of threads, some of which aren't suggestions and then you still have to search through pages and pages of threads.
The search function is quite hidden and a lot of people don't know about it because the placing doesn't really make sense.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there Xena, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread!

Thanks for this great idea! We really appreciate it when people reach out to us through these forums to give us ideas on how to improve the server. We have been looking for ways to better the feedback and suggestions forums, and we definitely like this one! We agree that this would help thread posters to recognise when there are similar threads that have been posted previously. We will be working on adding this to these forums soon, and hope that it will help to reduce the number of duplicate suggestions that we get on the feedback and suggestions forums. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your suggestion!