DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Academics Weekly Assignment — January 8th, 2023

Welcome to the Academics weekly assignment for the week of January 8th, 2023! These weekly assignments will give our Professors the ability to showcase some of their lesson ideas here on the website. Each assignment will be posted for a week, in which everyone will be able to read about the topic and respond to the assignment prompt. This week's assignment is "Theatre - Dramatic Irony" created by Toad (ElizabethTheToad).

The assignment is as follows:
Background
Dramatic irony is a plot device used in various media, including films and theatre. It occurs when the audience knows something that the character doesn’t. While in classic theatre it was a device most often used in tragedies to create tension, it is also used frequently in other genres today, especially comedy. A common example of dramatic irony occurs in horror movies when a character goes into a room where the audience knows the villain is hiding. This causes tension as the audience is already aware of the character’s fate and is waiting for it to happen.

Assignment
Write a story or scene in which dramatic irony is used. Any genre can be used, just make sure the character in your story is unaware of something the audience knows!

Please make sure to write at least 5 full sentences to get AC for this assignment! Your assignment must be entirely written by you and may not be plagiarized (including copying anything from online sources, books, or movie plots) in any way. Assignments must follow all PotterworldMC rules, which can be found here; assignments that do not follow all PotterworldMC rules will be subject to punishment. If your assignment does not meet the requirements, you will be unable to redo your assignment for this week. Assignments are due at 12am PST on Sunday, January 15th, 2023. You may submit as soon as you would like, but any assignments submitted after that time will not receive grades. You may receive up to 20 ACs for your submission. House points will not be awarded to any submissions. If you have any questions, please reach out to a Jr. Professor, Sr. Professor, Academics Advisor, Academics Lead, or Head of Academics on Discord.

Click here to submit your assignment, and click here to view your submission.

Comments

OblivionASMR

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: OblivionASMR
Griffin
Sorry if this was the incorrect place to post the assignment. I'm still learning and don't know how to delete this comment lol I believe I also submitted it correctly though

Creme_de_Creme

Head of Academics
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Creme_de_Creme
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Head Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf DD Writer SPEW Lead
Sorry if this was the incorrect place to post the assignment. I'm still learning and don't know how to delete this comment lol I believe I also submitted it correctly though
Heya! You did submit your assignment correctly, so you should be good to go. The "click here" links at the bottom are exactly what you should use and if you ever want to double check that it did submit in the future, you can click the last "click here" link and it should show you your assignment. I hope that helps! :giggle:

JayDogg002

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: JayDogg002
Serpent
Hello there! I wanted to get in touch with the marker for this week’s assignment regarding the feedback that I received. I was just wondering how to get in contact with them? Thanks! 😄

Toad

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: fobsux
Staff Serpent Vampire Werewolf Scribe Publisher Jr. Engineer
Hello there! I wanted to get in touch with the marker for this week’s assignment regarding the feedback that I received. I was just wondering how to get in contact with them? Thanks! 😄
You can either message them on the website by navigating to their profile and clicking "Start Conversation" or find them on Discord! They may have their Discord linked on their profile here or you could find them through the Potterworld Discord! Using Discord would most likely give you a faster response!