DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Accessing other people's shop with a command.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
/shop [username] would allow you to access someone's shop without having to go to a shopkeeper. When you want to see someone's shop but their housing access is off its impossible to access their shop unless they've bought a shopkeeper in the last week. One of the main reasons I want this implemented is because its a lot more convenient and quick in the long run when you are browsing multiple player's shops.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Agreed. This would also open up more opportunities for people to advertise their shops without having to advertise their housings, if they want to sell stuff while also working on their housings while not being disturbed.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like the idea, but I'm unsure... would this make the player shop NPCs even more redundant?
There's the Promoter NPCs in Vertick and then Shopkeepers in Housing. And the Marketplace NPCs which shows the lowest priced items first.

On the other hand, this would be interesting to use especially with the world in Revelius. I can imagine players doing long ranged trading through /shop without being near each other, going through a mailbox, or going to the marketplace.

If this idea was implemented though, of course It would be easy to do /shop [username], but I honestly would prefer something a bit more elegant such as holding a 3D item (like the newspaper or gold coin) and then clicking on it which opens a GUI that says to type the player's name (This GUI would be similar to the Mailbox system when you send something to a player and have to type their name first).

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya, thanks for making a suggestion for Potterworld!
I will now be bringing this up to the Poltergeist team, so that we can discuss this and get back to you with a response as soon as possible.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Magma!
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion for the server! We really appreciate player feedback and suggestions, as they allow us to improve Potterworld.
After careful discussion, we have unfortunately decided not to implement your suggestion, as we want to avoid being able to buy anything at any time and anywhere. Furthermore this suggestion would make Promoters and Shopkeepers at housings have no purpose anymore and we think this would not fit into the Harry Potter Universe.
Thanks again and have a magical day!