DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a /House Command

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
This is a very quick and simple suggestion. I am suggestion a command where you do /House (player) to see what House they are in (Griffin, Raven, Honeybadger, Serpent). This is especially useful when either the player isn't in your world or have an allegiance tag on. I think it would be a cool addition to the server, and wouldn't do any harm.

-Llama

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
There's a combination of 2 things that makes me think that this isn't necessarily the best of ideas:
1. The staff team is already very busy with fixing bugs and whatnot from the Revelius update, and they have a lot more important future features to be working on.
2. If you're dying to know someone's house, you can already just visit their player profile on the website super easy and super quickly.
But that's just my opinion, I'm curious to see what the poltergeists think of this.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
There's a combination of 2 things that makes me think that this isn't necessarily the best of ideas:
1. The staff team is already very busy with fixing bugs and whatnot from the Revelius update, and they have a lot more important future features to be working on.
2. If you're dying to know someone's house, you can already just visit their player profile on the website super easy and super quickly.
But that's just my opinion, I'm curious to see what the poltergeists think of this.
100% agree. Normally this would be a fun command/suggestion and I do honestly believe it probably should be added but at the same time there are so many problems with Revelius that need to addressed that having this “clog” up development time is not ideal. For a similar reason I want to have a /account added but have not made a post for it because a 5th gold checking command is not necessary and would take development time away from important fixes.

Once again I do support the idea but to any staff reading this I would suggest accepting it but putting it on hold.

Last edited:

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I think if this kind of thing were to be added, it would probably be more like a command to access a profile (so like /profile <player>) and it would show you lots of information about them, like what you see in /me or when you shift click a player.

8BitColours

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Skojare
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
Or just ask them.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hey @llamaforpres!

First off, thank you so much for your suggestion! We really appreciate every suggestion created to help improve the server. I have brought up your idea to the other Poltergeists and unfortunately we have decided to decline it. We feel that this sort of command would not be used that much and may also even be forgotten by some players.

In addition to this, there are multiple other ways to view a player's house. You could view their rank on discord, check their forums profile, shift & click them or simply just ask. We feel that this sort of command is not very necessary to add to the server because of the different ways already in place to view a house and will not be moving forward with this suggestion.

Again, thank you very much and have a great day!