DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a /ignore feature

Some players on Potterworld are great, lovely people! However, sometimes, you find a bad apple in the bunch. If you have a disagreement with somebody or they're bothering you, being able to /ignore or /block them would make it easier and more fun to play on Potterworld. This would be temporary and you'd be able to unignore them. This feature is/would be very important to keeping Potterworld happy and to make sure there aren't disagreements or arguments that continue for a long period of time.

-Diana, YOU_ARE_PERFECT ingame! :)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I know what you mean and a /ignore feature might work wonders for some people, but I don't think this command for players would be beneficial or would help anyone in the long run.

If you're having a disagreement with someone, then I think it's between the both of you to at least try to work it out before thinking of /ignoring them. But if the issue escalates then there are always staff around to help moderate and try to help out. The same goes for if you're being bothered or annoyed by another player - take a screenshot of what's happening in chat - then try to get staff to assist you.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
This is more for people swearing, spamming or especially, cyber-bullying - and I understand that staff will be there to help if they see this - but I've had times where I have attempted to /ignore (someone swearing and being offensive to me personally in chat) - cause no staff we available to help and haven't been able to. I tried to do the right thing by /ignore-ing and not being able to just aggravated the situation.

I agree with this suggestion - sometimes ignoring is the best option - Some people easily outburst when they are upset and although I agree working things out is the better option, There is such thing as cyber bullying and it is relentless - Not being able to play on the server you love with your friends because someone keeps verbally abusing and no staff are around to stop them - where /Ignore could have easily prevented it.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings Diana,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bringing it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Yeah, /ignore is deeply needed. I understand some people will say "well why didn't you get a staff member" but why I believe /ignore is necessary is for people who don't "break" the rules but are hurtful nevertheless in some way where you can't get a staff member for it but you feel bad about it. The type of people who you will ban from your housing and want to forget about them and with /ignore you can. If anarchy servers which pride themselves on being as bare bones and vanilla as possible all have a /ignore then I think potterworld should as well.

may2070

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: may2070
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree. Just one thing, I think this command should be immune to staff members. Like if you try to do /ignore <staff member ign> for example it should say "This player cannot be ignored." That way, people don't use it as an excuse to ignore staff members they disagree with

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This, I feel, is very needed. /ignore is very useful on other servers if someone is just generally being a pain, yet not breaking any actual rules (and so staff are useless in this case, as the person has not actually made an offence).

Trying to work things out is good, but there are some cases where you just want rid of a person but they refuse to leave you alone. You can also /ignore remove (or whatever the server would make it if this idea is implemented - it should be!), a person and begin to talk to them again if you decide you want to talk to them and fix it after it has stopped.

I think this command should be immune to staff members. Like if you try to do /ignore <staff member ign> for example it should say "This player cannot be ignored." That way, people don't use it as an excuse to ignore staff members they disagree with
I understand why this is a valid reason, but I also think this should not happen. The staff on the server are generally nice people, but they are still ordinary people and will fall out with other friends of theirs. I do not think it is fair to stop players from being able to block contact with them, no matter their position.

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I agree! Some people sometime will just bother others without breaking any rules, I think this is a good idea!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I fully understand why this is needed, but it does make me feel sort of nervous because I'm always scared that people who I like don't like me and then ignore me, normally I feel like I just chat too much and people hate me for it.

Nyn

Professor
I fully understand why this is needed, but it does make me feel sort of nervous because I'm always scared that people who I like don't like me and then ignore me, normally I feel like I just chat too much and people hate me for it.
Ngl I feel the same xD Which is why I'm barely ever the person who msg's somebody before they message me :)

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings @Dianaaaa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to suggest this idea! We are very appreciative of players who bring their ideas forward in hopes of improving the server, and we hope that you decide to submit more suggestions in the future!

I've brought your idea up with the staff team, and we think that having an ignore feature would be very beneficial! We think that having an ignore feature would benefit players who are attempting to avoid possible conflict - it would also give the players the option to stop someone who is troubling them. Our goal on Potterworld is to create a safe space for everyone and we hope that this feature is a step closer to that reality. However, please reach out to us if you ever have any problems, especially those problems that aren't resolved by this command.

Have a great day,
Garrison

Nyn

Professor
Greetings @Dianaaaa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to suggest this idea! We are very appreciative of players who bring their ideas forward in hopes of improving the server, and we hope that you decide to submit more suggestions in the future!

I've brought your idea up with the staff team, and we think that having an ignore feature would be very beneficial! We think that having an ignore feature would benefit players who are attempting to avoid possible conflict - it would also give the players the option to stop someone who is troubling them. Our goal on Potterworld is to create a safe space for everyone and we hope that this feature is a step closer to that reality. However, please reach out to us if you ever have any problems, especially those problems that aren't resolved by this command.

Have a great day,
Garrison
Yes ty I have a question.

Will players be able to /ignore staff members? I understand why players couldnt but I think it's not a good idea. Just want to know! Ty <3

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Yes ty I have a question.

Will players be able to /ignore staff members? I understand why players couldnt but I think it's not a good idea. Just want to know! Ty <3
The main purpose of ignore here seems to be to avoid conflict/stop someone who is bother them. A staff member shouldn't be causing drama in the first place, so I think they'd prefer someone reporting a staff member instead of just /ignoring them.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
As per a recent update this is now complete. You will now be able to /ignore a player to block PMs from them and not see their chat messages though this will not work on staff members. In general, if rules are being broken we highly encourage you to also report the player(s) involved to staff, instead of only blocking them.

We appreciate everyone who made and commented on this thread, hope you enjoy its implementation and look forward to receiving more suggestions and feedback on this topic or anything else!

RazzleDazzle

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: DazzleRazzling
As per a recent update this is now complete. You will now be able to /ignore a player to block PMs from them and not see their chat messages though this will not work on staff members. In general, if rules are being broken we highly encourage you to also report the player(s) involved to staff, instead of only blocking them.

We appreciate everyone who made and commented on this thread, hope you enjoy its implementation and look forward to receiving more suggestions and feedback on this topic or anything else!

Is it possible to also add the feature where a ignored player becomes invisible to the player who blocked them in the first place. Kinda like vanish in a way or something but only the player who blocked them can't see them but everyone else whom hasn't blocked them still can see them.