DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add A Library Painting Warp Around The Grand Staircase

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I'm unsure if there's a painting warp near the Grand Staircase which leads to the library, but if there isn't one, then I think that one should be created for a few reasons listed below:
  • New players can have a hard time finding the library.
  • The signs on the 2nd floor (from the grand staircase) that point to where the Library & Charms rooms are kinda hidden because the first sign is in an odd spot and after that, players still have to navigate left and right through the 2nd floor corridor passing a ton of rooms - this might make the new player think that they're going in the wrong direction.
  • It would make it somewhat easier for players to explain to someone else how to get to the library by keeping the explanation short and simple.
There are a couple of spots where the painting warp for the library can be placed.
  • A painting can be placed somewhere in the Caretaker's Office which is located in the 1st Floor from the Grand Staircase.
  • There could be a painting behind the Knight armor at the bottom of the staircase next to the 1st floor entrance.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If I'm being quite honest, I don't think it's quite necessary for a secret passageway to the library, however I do feel they should have more awareness on how to get there.

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hiya!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We really love to hear all of the ideas/improvements for the server. I am going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to get their opinions on it. Whenever we come to a decision on it I will reply to let you know. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hi again!

So sorry for the wait on our decision for this! We really appreciated your suggestion, but we will be declining it. There is actually already a painting that will teleport you to the Transfiguration Courtyard which is very close to the Library! We find that adding a warp to the Library is unnecessary since there is already a way to get close to it. Nonetheless, thank you for your suggestion and hope to see you create more suggestions in the future!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
The painting warp that you're referring to is at the Quad, which is another location that new players don't know about. Is there a way to move that painting warp to the Grand Staircase? I'm legit trying to make it easier for both new and old players to deal with finding the Library.