DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a mutable Housing chat

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
So recently me and my good friend Forest have started hosting Hide and Seek games for gold, and we run them similarish to classes. But one thing that is a little difficult is people talking, and no way to stop them. So I thought: what if there was another chat that was mutable that was linked to the housing that you are at. I don't even know if this is possible since technically it would be a different chat for every housing, but it might be!

If this is possible It would be nice to have it be able to be muted by Residents along with the owner.

This would also be great for things like the upcoming Eggdog hosted trivia event!

Let me know what you think! :D

Last edited:

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Personally I don’t really like the idea of houses becoming super structured like that, at that point it would basically turn housing into a “class.” I think it should remain somewhat free instead of super restrictive for people other than the residents.

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
Personally I don’t really like the idea of houses becoming super structured like that, at that point it would basically turn housing into a “class.” I think it should remain somewhat free instead of super restrictive for people other than the residents.
I do see your point, but I still think that this would be beneficial so that housing can basically be used however you want.

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @Micah Nox !

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined, as this is not something we would like to do. The only times players are restricted from speaking are mainly in official class or Arena formats. We do not want to restrict players from speaking in unofficial ways in unofficial chats, as this would be very restrictive for anyone on the housing besides the residents and we do not want to encourage this exclusion. Adding a separate chat to housing would also not be something we would like to do.

Regardless, thank you so much for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a great day!