DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a player vault access command

I think this is a great idea! However, it takes away some of the roleplaying aspect from the game. Vaults are great (somewhat inconvenient) storages, I think they can be so cheap and large because you have to go out of the way to access them. If this idea were to be implemented, I think vaults would need to be WAY more expensive and have less storage room.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings swagbunny,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bringing it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Right now I would love for the idea to be implemented because it elevates vaults over housing chests (as of right now they are essentially the same) but post Revelius I am more unsure. I know that staff are attempting to turn potterworld into a more rpg like server which I think would be fun but it requires the rollback of many features (for example in the Q&A I think they mentioned how you can only access /housing from towns). Having a 25 single chest backpack of a maximum of 43,200 items (12 double chests vaults plus ender chest from handbag) I think would be a little broken for this rpg like setting but I don't know, it would certainly erase any inventory limits :). To be quite honest I don't use vaults that often because of the non zero threat of item deletion so I don't know how qualified I am for this discussion but I am interesting to hear how staff respond.

EDIT: My opinion has changed I now believe /vault should act as /housing does where it can work in towns but not in the Wilderness.

Last edited:

swagbunny

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: DaFluffyBunny
Griffin
I think this is a great idea! However, it takes away some of the roleplaying aspect from the game. Vaults are great (somewhat inconvenient) storages, I think they can be so cheap and large because you have to go out of the way to access them. If this idea were to be implemented, I think vaults would need to be WAY more expensive and have less storage room.
i agree but make the vaults more expensive then
or somehow add more space in the enderchest im sure they can make a plugin for that

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
You kind of have that with the bag that lets you access your ender chest. I don't know if they'd put something so overpowered in place though.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings @swagbunny,

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to create a suggestion! We are so appreciative of players who take the time to submit their ideas in hopes of improving the server, and we hope that you continue to submit more ideas in the future!

I've brought your idea up with the team, and we will be declining this suggestion at this time. We feel that this would be a little overpowered and would revert the storage changes that were introduced with Revelius - we do not want players to have the ability to access unlimited storage with a single command. Additionally, we do not feel that this fits in the with server lore, specifically since it doesn't make the game more "magical." We hope that you understand the reasoning behind this denial. If you have any questions, please message me or any of the other Poltergeists!

Best regards,
Garrison