DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a "professions are resetting!" broadcast

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
We were talking about this in global chat just now. Imagine being a new player, having no idea about the profession reset that's about to hit PW, and you're spending loads of time and gold on them. Then, on the 4th of July, you join, only to find that everything's been reset. Not fun, right?

That's why I would like to propose what I personally think to be the best, and easiest, solution. There are a lot of regular broadcasts people see (like remember to vote, read the rules, play quabbleball, etc) and I think it would be good to add "Professions are resetting soon!" or "Professions are resetting on July 4th!" or something along those lines, in order to ensure that everyone is up to date when it comes to that reset.

Aight, ty for reading, Nathan out.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings Nathan,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bringing it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
We were talking about this in global chat just now. Imagine being a new player, having no idea about the profession reset that's about to hit PW, and you're spending loads of time and gold on them. Then, on the 4th of July, you join, only to find that everything's been reset. Not fun, right?

That's why I would like to propose what I personally think to be the best, and easiest, solution. There are a lot of regular broadcasts people see (like remember to vote, read the rules, play quabbleball, etc) and I think it would be good to add "Professions are resetting soon!" or "Professions are resetting on July 4th!" or something along those lines, in order to ensure that everyone is up to date when it comes to that reset.

Aight, ty for reading, Nathan out.
I definitely agree. I just found out about it as I was asking a question going on from rank 5 about getting the multiple pots for potions and someone told me - but most just answered the question and let me continue. I would have wasted so much time and gold if that person hadn't told me about the change.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings Nathan,

Once again, thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for suggestions and feedback that can help us make Potterworld a better place, and we appreciate you bringing your idea forward!

I’ve brought up your idea up with the team and unfortunately, we are declining this suggestion at this time - we are still interested in adding something similar, however. We feel that this would cause a lot of unnecessary panic and would promote a sense of fear among the players about the reset. Additionally, we don't want to directly focus on the profession reset as that's not going to be the only thing wiped. Keep an eye out for something similar implemented in the near future! Again, thank you for the suggestion and we hope that you submit more ideas in the foreseeable future!

Have a great day,
Garrison