DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a time leaderboard to Gauntlet

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Parkours now have timed leaderboards. They are cool.
Gauntlers should also have timed leaderboards. It would add competition and insentive.
This could be a hologram outside the London fountain, a stat in /gs, or in the PvP hall. It should also be on the website.

Last edited:

Deathlish

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Deathlish
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
If this were to happen, I would assume that Gauntlet players would want rewards. But then that backtracks the fact that we get like 1.1k per gold when we finish every single Gauntlet Game.

Unless this was purely based on fun, and no rewards. I wouldn't really see a massive points towards it, like, you can just make your own leaderboards in a private discord server and invite people towards that can't you?.

Not too mention as, how would they track people? Because Gauntlet games are starting to become an often thing, so would players have to create a ticket and submit the time? Or would they have to make a system (which also adds in more time for the devs) that account to a dedicated team each time a Gauntlet game would be played.

Overall, Gauntlet already has a leaderboard (https://potterworldmc.com/game/revenant/), there wouldn't really be a massive reason to have one dedicated to times, so as said before, let the players do this on their own and seperately invite partcipants.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
If this were to happen, I would assume that Gauntlet players would want rewards. But then that backtracks the fact that we get like 1.1k per gold when we finish every single Gauntlet Game.

Unless this was purely based on fun, and no rewards. I wouldn't really see a massive points towards it, like, you can just make your own leaderboards in a private discord server and invite people towards that can't you?.

Not too mention as, how would they track people? Because Gauntlet games are starting to become an often thing, so would players have to create a ticket and submit the time? Or would they have to make a system (which also adds in more time for the devs) that account to a dedicated team each time a Gauntlet game would be played.

Overall, Gauntlet already has a leaderboard (https://potterworldmc.com/game/revenant/), there wouldn't really be a massive reason to have one dedicated to times, so as said before, let the players do this on their own and seperately invite partcipants.
Yes. The timed leaderboard would just be for fun- just as every other leaderboard on PW is (bar during a select few tournaments). Fun and competition are perfectly valid reasons.

The idea that players could do it on their own so it shouldn't be implemented is totally ridiculous too. Players could host tournaments on their own, they could host classes on their own, they could make their own leaderboards for minigames in /games - yet all these the server provides and people are happy that it does.

Also, I suggested that they use the same mechanism that they use for parkour to measure the gauntlet time, however, I don't really see how the finish time (which is already measured as just one hour minus the time on the scoreboard at the end) couldn't just be added to a leaderboard automatically.

The only possible problem is that gauntlets are done by multiple people so not everyone would fit on a hologram leaderboard if their times were the same. This wouldn't be a particularly serious issue if there was a full leaderboard on the website, and if the hologram leaderboard was at least 5 players long (so if a team of 5 got a record time, all players that achieved it would show).

littledead

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: littledead
Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf DD Editor Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @MattyPoltergeist ,

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion, however, it is a duplicate of a suggestion that is currently On-Hold. This has been suggested in the past and we think it would be fun to add leaderboards to the Gauntlets highlighting player times!

To check out the original thread and response click here.

Nevertheless, thank you again for your suggestion. and have a wonderful day!