DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add an actual fire spell

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Incendio, Flamonstrum, meteorum and igneotempus have all had their fire removed to make it so they can be used against mobs, my suggestion is to have atleast one of these spells (probably incendio) actually make fire OR possibly make another spell that makes fire. This is just to have it as an actual option but ofc it would be disabled everywhere but dueling halls. Idk if this is a good suggestion probably not idk.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello and thank you for your suggestion Matty!
I will now bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists and we will discuss it. Once a decision has been made, we will get back to you with a response.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @MattyPoltergeist,
Unfortunately, we will be declining your suggestion because it would cause a multitude of issues. The most important one of them is that fire burns items on the ground, which would include items like collectables and also mob drops if you are fighting mobs. This is something we cannot change. We understand that you suggested this only to be enabled in the Dueling Halls, however this is difficult to do as we'd basically need the spell to function in two different ways depending on where the player is located. An additional issue, is that fire is hard to scale per tick so maintaining these spells is difficult.
I hope this makes sense and does not discourage you from posting further suggestions in these forums. Take care and have a wonderful day! <3

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
ya i knew why there wasnt any my suggestion was more about having 1 specific spell be it and it not needing to change in different locations but i undwersstad that u cud say its a bit useless then ig