DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add back player owned shops to hogsend and Vertick Alley

Should player shops be added back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatPreston

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower
Note that I am an old player and I don't know the new names for these locations. Sorry
I think the server would greatly benefit if player shops were added back. Me and my friend SydneyPlayz used to have so much fun competing over prices and just enjoying the process of maintaining a shop. It was so fun to walk through an alley and see the creations of the community. The new districts and NPCs are cool, but I don't think they should have replaced player shops. I know that you can rent a stall in Vertick Alley still, but it's not the same because it's all a GUI and you don't get to design the shop yourself. I have talked about this in chat before and it seems like a lot of players agree that this was a fun feature. I'm going to add a poll here, because why not. Maybe this will get farther than I expect. Maybe since they are merging all the builds into one world in an update there could be a new area near Vertick custom to potterworld that has shops that players can rent.

TLDR: Player owned shops were one of my favorite features of potterworld and I feel like not having them really subtracts from the roleplay experience. Who else thinks they should be added back in some way?

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
Hey ThatPreston.
The old Player shop system in the past was great for the time and was a load of fun. But it is simply not necessary with the new system with the ease of being able to use the /shop menu, the customization for shops has not been completely lost either, in fact, it's been improved in my opinion with the benefit of being able to make a completely custom shop on your own housing, and being able to implement the shopkeeper with a simple command.

ThatPreston

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower
Hey ThatPreston.
The old Player shop system in the past was great for the time and was a load of fun. But it is simply not necessary with the new system with the ease of being able to use the /shop menu, the customization for shops has not been completely lost either, in fact, it's been improved in my opinion with the benefit of being able to make a completely custom shop on your own housing, and being able to implement the shopkeeper with a simple command.
I just think it's more fun when there are other shops around you to compete with. Also there's more RP in walking down an alley looking at all the different shops than just doing a command to visit them. I think the housing is great but I figured it would be used as housing instead of shops.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello again! Unfortunately, we are going to have to decline this suggestion, as this is not something we are looking to re-implement. There were some issues with the way that it was set up that caused bugs to occur. Player shops were also difficult to keep up to date and manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.