DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add Night Vision when activating a Lightsaber

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
This would be an interesting addition, as a lightsaber does create light, and so having night vision would make sense. I just wonder if it's not a bit overpowered, especially if the night vision is infinite, as usually you a spell like lumos that gives night vision for a limited amount of time. If I understand this correctly, the lightsaber would give unlimited night vision, which seems slighly overpowered, in my opinion. To balance this, there could be a time limit on it, forcing you to close and reopen your lightsaber, so the lightsaber would pretty much function as a replacement for lumos, which could be interesting.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
It's not necassarily overpowered since it cost 700 ST, is technically an Event Item and you really can't do anything else with it.
I agree - I think this would be an awesome feature to have. Although

This would be an interesting addition, as a lightsaber does create light, and so having night vision would make sense. I just wonder if it's not a bit overpowered, especially if the night vision is infinite, as usually you a spell like lumos that gives night vision for a limited amount of time. If I understand this correctly, the lightsaber would give unlimited night vision, which seems slighly overpowered, in my opinion. To balance this, there could be a time limit on it, forcing you to close and reopen your lightsaber, so the lightsaber would pretty much function as a replacement for lumos, which could be interesting.
I do agree that maybe having the lightsaber close every now and then and you reopen it would balance it a bit because that could get a little overpowered in certain circumstances. I do think it could have a longer effective period before it closes though than lumos so instead of being a replacement it does offer some value aside from a cosmetic based change.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
Hello, thanks for making a suggestion!
I will now bring this up to the rest of the Poltergeist Team so that we can discuss it.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Hello again Frebii!
Thank you for your suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve and better the server, so we really appreciate players coming forward with their ideas and feedback.
After careful discussion, we have unfortunately decided to decline your suggestion as we do want to implement this in the future. Currently, lightsabers, as well as a lot of other collectables, are purely cosmetic. If we were to add night vision to them, or change them in some other way, they would no longer be purely cosmetic, which is something we do not want to start nor make an exception for in the case of lightsabers. We also think players will nevertheless enjoy cosmetic lightsabers, even without the addition of extra features.
Thanks again and have a great day!