DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add Plants to the Map

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Okay so i want to try a bit of potions but its super hard to find the plants you need when you dont know where they are.
It would be awesome if they would be added to the map. This would make things easier.

~ Hektor

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I think the map might get too cluttered if every single plant was added onto the map
I agree but I also believe that we should still add them to the map. You can turn on/off icons using the checkmarks on the right so I don't think it would be a big deal. Maybe make it so when you open the map they are off by default?

Last edited:

Aspasia

Animorphus
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
I think the map might get too cluttered if every single plant was added onto the map but it would be really helpful to put a list of plants found around a certain mob location (since they are usually found around mobs).
I agree with what joel said.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello HektorTM!
Thank you for bringing forward your suggestion. I will now bring it up to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a reply.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again!
After discussing your idea, we have unfortunately decided to decline it as it would likely make the map become very cluttered. Furthermore, adding more icons would cause the map to become slower than it already is which would be annoying. It would also remove the aspect of exploration because currently getting plants/herbs is fairly easy, so there should be some kind of challenge and that is exploring and finding their locations.
We also do not think adding plants to the map is too necessary because players can also help each other by asking each other in chat or creating and sharing spreadsheets like Nathan has. This is something we definitely encourage players to do!
Nevertheless, thank you for mentioning your idea. We really do appreciate any suggestions or feedback that the player base brings up to us!
Thanks and have a great day!