DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add Roleplay Bases to the Live World

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
There are 5 roleplay bases in total, all super well-designed and tailored towards their respective allegience, however, only one of them is actually present on the live world: the Auralock base. If the staff team have shown willingness to add the Auralock base to Ministry of Magicians, then why not add the Vampire Base near Riddelyard, or the Dark Follower base (new) to the Dark Forest, or the Werewolf Base to the Antrum mountains, or the Phoenix Base to the vast, yet empty area below Griffins Hollow.

Obviously this would take a lot of terraforming and implementation but often people complain about how large yet seemingly empty the Potterworld map is. All these bases would make superb additions to the server and truly give life to the allegiances once more. The future relevancy of the Roleplay Hub can't be secured but if these builds were placed on the map forever, it would be certain to grab players attentions and likely even boost store sales. I want to specify that I don't think any of these builds should require a warp to visit on the Live World, but simply be like any other building and entered normally. Unfortunatley, adding the bases would likely mean that the NPCs in the Roleplay Hub would have to be removed in the transition into the Live World, as they are in the Ministry. On the up side, this would mean the Roleplay Hub would still have purpose to new players wanting to learn lore and history!

To add a bit more spice, it would be cool to have dedicated rooms in each base (such as a lounge), which requires you to be part of the specified allegiance. If this could be done simply by scanning the player that would be great, but otherwise it could be done by trading in one of the allegiance masks you can buy from Madam Mym's in Diagon Alley (in this case, they should have an NPC to sell the clothes in the base).

Here are some examples of where the bases could be placed:
1661934890643.png

Werewolf base within these mountains.
1661934955849.png

Phoenix base between Griffins Holllow, Mysterious Manor and London.
1661935041552.png

New Dark Follower Base deep in the Dark Forest
1661935105214.png

Vampire Base just under or to the east of Riddleyard.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
yeah i miss when the old bases were available from the world, and even though roleplay is ending, it’s not like allegiances themselves are irrelevant.
only thing is (i can’t quote it for some reason on a phone now) getting robes from madam myms is only possible if you’ve bought the whole package and not just the prefix, which could be not what you want

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
I would also like to mention that the old bases of all allegiances could also be added to the liveworld too. I would especially like to see a return of the old Dark Follower and Auralock bases as they are very different to the current ones. The old bases should remain in their destroyed form (as not to ruin the old roleplay) but still be added back to their previous locations.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
If they aren't able to copy paste all of the bases onto the main world, then I think they could at least add an NPC or a special looking build for players to walk into - small, could be a 10x10 tent - or maybe it could be similar to how they did it to London with a scaled build then warp a player when they walk closer to it.
Though yeah, I agree it would be better if it were the actual sized roleplay bases, but I just don't think they would prefer to do that due to the NPCs and anything immersive that has to be transferred over to the main world.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I would also like to mention that the old bases of all allegiances could also be added to the liveworld too. I would especially like to see a return of the old Dark Follower and Auralock bases as they are very different to the current ones. The old bases should remain in their destroyed form (as not to ruin the old roleplay) but still be added back to their previous locations.
to add to this, this makes a lot of sense because the bases would still be there, just having been destroyed, they wouldnt have disappeared completely

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @MattyPoltergeist and others that contributed to the thread!

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. Many of the builds for the Roleplay bases are not fit for the world standards or are too high fantasy. Furthermore, many of them would not fit on the map due to the build's height. Therefore, we will not be implementing this.

Regardless, thank you for the suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Hello @MattyPoltergeist and others that contributed to the thread!

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. Many of the builds for the Roleplay bases are not fit for the world standards or are too high fantasy. Furthermore, many of them would not fit on the map due to the build's height. Therefore, we will not be implementing this.

Regardless, thank you for the suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!
If you guys don't prefer to put the builds in that area then why not place NPCs in each respective location with a tiny build related to the roleplay builds? I know that there are roleplay hubs in each town, but I'm talking about adding these NPCs out in the world as a sort of placeholder so a player that's exploring around can discover them.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
If you guys don't prefer to put the builds in that area then why not place NPCs in each respective location with a tiny build related to the roleplay builds? I know that there are roleplay hubs in each town, but I'm talking about adding these NPCs out in the world as a sort of placeholder so a player that's exploring around can discover them.
Not to mention that, after taking calculations, it seems that all bases would fit perfectly fine into the live world.