DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add The Ability To Delete Your Posts/Replies

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
This is a pretty simple one, I would like for the ability to delete your OWN posts and replies to be added. Your Forum Profile allows you to delete your own comments and posts and to me there is no reason why the other forums should differ in that regard. The only exception to the ability to delete your posts I would like to make is if your post is under review or accepted because staff are currently working on your suggestion and their time should be valued.

If accepted I (and many others) will use it for a variety of reasons. For example I recently made a post asking staff to add a feature that well... already exists. That meant I had to waste other people's time by adding one more post to sift through to see actual requested changes as well as waste staff's time by requiring them to write a comment on the post and put it in the decline pile. And I know this is not just me, many others have done similar things and have put non feedback posts here on accident. 2ndly, you can also use it if you believe that you were wrong in pasts comments you made and believe they do not reflect your current opinion (and would be confusing to someone who is reading all the replies). Finally it would be useful if you accidentally post something when you did not mean to (as crazy as that sounds that has actually happened to me :D).

Thanks for reading my suggestion, I know it is probably a bit controversial and I am interested to see what everyone thinks.

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello luckiestblock,
thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion. We really appreciate it!
I will now bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists. We will discuss it and get back to you soon.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @luckiestblock,

Apologies for the long delay in making a decision on this thread!
However, we are very happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted as we can definitely see this being very useful! We think it's good idea to implement this in case players post something accidentally or just decide they no longer want their thread/post.
As you also suggested, this ability will come with a couple of limitations to ensure certain threads are not messed up or processes are not interrupted. When we implement this, we will likely only allow players to delete their own posts on the main forums and not on applications, suggestions (if the suggestions have been responded to), appeals, etc.

Thank you for always coming forwards with your ideas. We really appreciate them and would definitely like to see you using these forums more in the future as well. Have a great day!

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hello, @luckiestblock

Apologies for the long delay on this suggestion. However, I have arrived with amazing news! This feature has been officially implemented recently onto our forums. The original thread creators now have the ability to delete their threads.

Thank you for your suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day/night!