DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Adding a new broom to Potterworld MC

How much should the broom be?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
Brooms are expensive and hard to learn. This is why I suggest a training broom will be added to the broom list. It is cheaper but has limited uses and is slow. Its like a class broom, but purchaceable(with a few diffrences. This is because we can learn how to steer brooms and also don’t have to wait to 5:00am to get class brooms. Also this can be a great beginner/year 1broom thanks to its cost.(I aready discussed this with LiviDK but posting it here for suggestions to the suggestion)

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I actually think this is a great idea! 250 gold isn't really too hard to get, but there's no reason why there shouldn't be more options. I feel like it could just be a bluebranch with limited uses and I think 20 or 30 gold is a fair amount.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I think an easier alternative to this idea is buying/collecting class brooms you get from flying class. Instead of having to implement an entirely new broom, if players want to practice flying, they can just get temporary brooms from class for free! If you ask in trade chat if anyone is selling extra class brooms, I'm sure someone will gladly sell you their class brooms for a very low price!

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I think an easier alternative to this idea is buying/collecting class brooms you get from flying class. Instead of having to implement an entirely new broom, if players want to practice flying, they can just get temporary brooms from class for free! If you ask in trade chat if anyone is selling extra class brooms, I'm sure someone will gladly sell you their class brooms for a very low price!
It really wouldn't be hard to add it to the shop though. It's such a minor change that I don't see why it'd be an issue to implement it at all. As for class brooms, while that is a possible alternative for sure, the current two scheduled classes are at 4am for me which means that anyone within my timezone and the surrounding timezones most likely won't be awake to attend. Surprise classes can happen, but that's still not a guarantee that someone can get a limited use broom. I also don't know of many people who would keep class brooms after flying classes unless they're using it themselves, which then why would they sell it to someone else if they want to use them?

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
Also some professers have low use class brooms so sometimes its almost impossible to keep a broom. For example I have seen professers give out 5 use brooms.

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello Andy!

As you wrote in your post, we are still deciding whether or not we should implement this idea of yours - I'll reply to this thread as soon I have an answer!

Stay safe,
Leyak

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello again!

Unfortunately we will not implement your suggestion as it does not fit the way we want travel & brooms to work with the Revelius Update. I recommend you keep an eye out for the Revelius Q&A on the 23rd of May!

Stay safe,
Leyak