DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Adopt a Mandrake

JustinS

Notable Magician
Hi,

In one of the shops in Diagonal Lane there's you are able to adopt a mandrake for 100 gold, with a caretaker guide for 1 gold. I recently bought it and found out it's just a collectible which makes noise when you click it. This quite disappointed me because I thought it would actually be a living animal which you would be able to place on your housing or would follow you for example. I know that most creatures which follow you cost rl money to buy, although I came up with a new feature for the Mandrake which might be nice. I think being able to place your Mandrake on your housing, like one of the mandrake mobs in the greenhouses would be fun. Another option would be placing it in a pot, in which it would make noises automatically unless it was in an enclosed area where you wouldn't be inside.
I think this simple little feature will make the Mandrake a lot more fun to buy because paying 100 gold for a useless item that just screams is kind of weird in my opinion

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
It would be good if that mandrake adoption agency had a notification about what exactly the player is buying so that they won't mistake it for a pet that follows them around.
I do agree that the mandrake should have some added features though, but I guess they just wanted to keep it as a simple and fun item for players to use.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @JustinS and @Somnambulist!

Thank you both for making these suggestions! We always appreciate and take importance in hearing the community's feedback and thoughts. At this time, I will bring it up to the rest of the staff team and go into discussion. After a decision has been made by the Leadership team, I will return with an update, so keep an eye out on this thread!

Thank you again and I hope you both have a wonderful day!

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @JustinS and @Somnambulist!

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. While we like this idea, this is not possible at the moment and would need to be worked on a lot to make this possible, where there are many other things that we want to work on that take preference over this. We did discuss other alternatives such as a caring aspect or other features but we can't implement those either at the moment. However, we will add a disclaimer so that players know the Mandrake is not a store-like pet.

Regardless, thank you both once more for making this suggestion and have a wonderful day!