DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Advent Calendar Winter Event

Malfoyzz

New Magician
My suggestion is, there was a event during the winter waltz holiday 2018 where you would log in every day to claim a special gift at beaubaxbois like a plushie (wiggle worm plushie) or a cool interactive item like a goblin piggybank. It would be cool if we can do this again as it created a good amount of collectables in the game and many people enjoyed this, and still collect the items from that event to this day. The reindeer plushie is very popular right now as I've seen in the discord chat, which was an advent reward.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
I'm a member of the events team so I have some perspective on this though am not part of the poltergeist suggestion reviewal process. We've already been working on this year's rewards for the past month and you'll have to wait and see for the specifics of how they're obtained etc, but I can confirm that there will definitely be some rewards similar to the ones you've mentioned coming up for this years Christmas Event! (They will be unique and not repeated collectables from previous years because having these collectables as limited-edition is what gives them value / motivates players that got all the previous year's rewards to play the next event- so you'll have to buy that specific reindeer plushie off of someone that played that specific Christmas Event)

(Also the enthusiasm for ice skating has been noted!)

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Though this is a bit aside from the original suggestion, Nyn as you may have noticed with Halloween, items that compete with the store (hat, broom, wand appearances etc) have been moved to the store instead of continuing to be released as event items. Therefore, we will definitely be making lots more of the types of collectables Malfoyzz mentioned as well as new models that don't compete with store items, such as the bat handbag from the Halloween event. (Also the enthusiasm for ice skating has been noted!)
Will there still be ways to get brooms/wands/hats in-game? It seems unfair to make it so you have to pay to get them (nobody is doing store trades atm)so will they sometimes be available or not?

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I'm a member of the events team so I have some perspective on this though am not part of the poltergeist suggestion reviewal process. We've already been working on this year's rewards for the past month and you'll have to wait and see for the specifics of how they're obtained etc, but I can confirm that there will definitely be some rewards similar to the ones you've mentioned coming up for this years Christmas Event! (They will be unique and not repeated collectables from previous years because having these collectables as limited-edition is what gives them value / motivates players that got all the previous year's rewards to play the next event- so you'll have to buy that specific reindeer plushie off of someone that played that specific Christmas Event)

Though this is a bit aside from the original suggestion, Nyn as you may have noticed with Halloween, items that compete with the store (hat, broom, wand appearances etc) have been moved to the store instead of continuing to be released as event items. Therefore, we will definitely be making lots more of the types of collectables Malfoyzz mentioned as well as new models that don't compete with store items, such as the bat handbag from the Halloween event. (Also the enthusiasm for ice skating has been noted!)
Not repeated collectables? :( You're ruining the tradition

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Malfoyzz,

As it's too late for this event (as Strudel already said), this suggestion will have to be sadly declined. However, we will keep in mind your feedback/suggestion for future events! Nevertheless, we still appreciate you coming forward with your ideas, as they give us things to work on for future events.

Thanks for suggesting this and have a great day!