DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Allow music discs to be played in housing

ThatPreston

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower
I remember a long time ago in Potterworld, the various music discs from vanilla minecraft would just play passively around the whole map. I really loved this feature and those songs are a staple in all the memories I made on the server. Whenever I reminisce about the server I always remember those songs and they make me so happy. Can we please be able to play music discs in our housing? Maybe the music discs could be purchased in the mine depot and played in a jukebox, or you could click on a jukebox to open a menu and choose a disc to play. It would be really cool to be able to play music discs in housing because they are really nostalgic to me and probably other players too. Also, it would just be a cool feature in general to make your home feel more lively.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Yes yes yes. I suggested to bring back discs playing around the whole map, It created such a nice atmosphere. About housings, maybe it would be better if there was a way to play them passively as in, choosing the disc you want at your house elf and it playing without you having to place a jukebox or something.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I remember a long time ago in Potterworld, the various music discs from vanilla minecraft would just play passively around the whole map.
I remember someone mentioning the use of the new locations for ambient sounds, adding HP inspired songs on top would be really immersive.

Perhaps "Sounds of Potterworld" update in the future ?

Ivan_

Professor
I remember someone mentioning the use of the new locations for ambient sounds, adding HP inspired songs on top would be really immersive.

Perhaps "Sounds of Potterworld" update in the future ?
I would prefer actual music like vanilla discs over ambient - seems unnatural for me

Ivan_

Professor
locations = ambient sounds
music disds = HP inspired music

Sounds of Potterworld = (ambient sounds for) locations & music discs with HP inspired music
Hmm. Well it depends on the location. Considering pw map, i could see like bird sounds and all that in wilderness but in towns, i feel like there's not enough people or npcs to like add ambient sounds.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hello hello @ThatPreston !

Thank you so much for suggesting this, we always appreciate it! I actually really do like this idea, so I will definitely bring this up to my fellow Poltergeists! We will then discuss it, and once a final decision has been reached, I will make sure to keep you updated on this thread, so I definitely suggest keeping an eye on it!

Thank you once again for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hey there @ThatPreston !

I am very excited to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted! We feel like it would be a really nice addition to make the housing plots more personalized and lively. There is sadly no current time estimate of when it will be released, but we will look into it when we have the time!

Thank you once again for bringing up this suggestion and I hope you have an amazing day!