DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Alternative To Questing for Gold

What should be done

• Chests Give Gold

• Buff Minigames/Games (when they return)

• Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
The update was designed with the intention people quest for gold, causing inflation. The issue occurs when I know me, and many other level 80s don't really want to just quest for gold. This gave me an idea, if we are having inflation on purpose, why not inflate minigames to make them worth playing for gold? Or possibly add gold back into chests, which the drops currently sell for at max level around 2~ gold per chest, about a 85% decline from before, weird for an update banking on inflation. I think this would also help with people complaining about the cost of fire dust, as it would be easier to farm gold as opposed to being forced to questing as to pay for it. Its kinda insane that I have opened 500 chests sense rev came out and I have gotten around 2.5k worth of drops, and that's including recipes selling at a premium due to the newness of the update as well as the daily rewards. Compare that to the 4k to just change the ingredients from min to max level to craft a legendary, and you are looking at 24h of chest runs for one piece, simply insane for an update that seemed big on improving chests.

Edit: I already see the comments that questing encourages exploration - so does finding new chests for a chest run

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
If they add gold to the hidden chests then I think they would have to increase the cooldown from 30 minutes to maybe 1 or 2 hours or more. There are over 500 hidden chests around the world and it would be a lot of gold.

Also, these chests have mob drop items that can be resold to Vendors so there's that option for gold if you're not using those items.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Yep I know Psycho, that’s why I say chests still give some gold, I assumed people were selling all the materials that weren’t used for crafting - keeping the elder leather iron and diamond or their equivalents (The fact 80% of chest loot is useless is another issue).

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
I agree with this, The inflation is just, imo, way too freaking much compared with how much gold you get back from doing things, we keep getting told "later quests give tons of money"

and what happens after you've done all the quests anyway? Iirc, apparantly you get 70k in total from all quests combined?

That's actually not a lot when you consider, for example, the top tier broom, which costs 48k to make, and you've also got to make every single broom in order to upgrade it. It's insane, really. And then of course, there's all your gear... including the expensive gear you'll need in order to complete these quests successfully and without dying so much.

I'm definitely on board with chests giving gold, they'll definitely make actually searching all these new ones down much more worthwhile, and the economy won't suffer that badly. (though if you ask me, it is suffering now xD)

The inflation is just, imo, way too freaking much compared with how much gold you get back from doing things.

Heck, I complained about the traveling the other day, but if we had a better means of actually getting gold again, it wouldn't be even a quarter as frustrating. Because I don't mind having to grind for materials, that's fine, but the gold... geez its just near impossible to me.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Tall!
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for Potterworld! That is something we appreciate immensely.
I will now bring up your idea to the rest of the Poltergeist Team, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a reply.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again Tall,
We are happy to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted and it's already being worked on! The Game Design team is working on re-adding the elevator games to the world, bringing back Daily Riddles and also looking into other ways.
Thanks again for making a suggestion and we hope you will consider making more in the future.
Have a wonderful day!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hihi @TallBlondeDude !!

We have added sparkling hidden chests around the world, gauntlet, reputations and extra credit in daily activities. While we have completed some of the ideas, we will also explore other ideas in the future!!

Thank you for being patient while this suggestion was being worked on!! We really appreciate it!! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: