DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

An Upgrade to Housing Shopkeepers

khaleehsi

New Magician
Hello! I've been experimenting with my shopkeeper for a while and I've realized that a small quality of life thing could be added.
I've always disliked the way that player shopkeepers organize their items - they are jumbled, and a lot of items in the game have the same icon with different names, so it's even more difficult to find stuff.

I thought that if it's possible, it would be really cool if we could add multiple shopkeepers with different shops to our housing (possibly unlocked by paying, like you would with a plot size or vault?) and could access them all through the shop menu. This way you could have a separate shop keeper for different categories such as gear, materials, collectables, etc!

I'm open to any criticism or commentary on this idea, and I understand if it isn't possible due to game limitations, but I thought it was a fun idea to explore.
(PS: if not multiple shopkeepers, maybe an organization feature could be implemented so we could have certain items on each page?)

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Organization of shopkeepers was accepted here and is eventually coming on to the server (at some point maybe lol it was accepted in May). Having multiple shopkeepers would be cool but at the same time it would be kind of pointless if there will eventually be a better system of organization. + it would probably could cause lag but I am no rocket surgeon.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hey there @khaleehsi,
Apologies for the delay but I'll be bringing up your suggestion now. As luckiestblock mentioned, the organization of shopkeepers is a duplicate, but your idea of having multiple shopkeepers is new.
Thank you for suggesting this to us and enjoy your day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @khaleehsi,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you regarding your idea.
Thank you for the suggestion. We really do appreciate any suggestions and feedback brought up to us by players, as it allows us to find ways to improve the server!
Unfortunately however, we will be declining this suggestion. This would require us to change the way that shopkeepers work on housing in order to make more than one of them, as well as the way promoters out in the world work, to make them show more than one shopkeeper or decide which one they show. We want to rework marketplace and shop organisation (as accepted here) and would rather work towards a better organization system thanmultiplying the amount of shopkeepers.
We hope this makes sense to you and that you aren't discouraged from using these forums more in the future.

Have a fantastic day!