DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Aurorlock Redemption Event - Analysis

OcelotGuardian

Magician
Minecraft IGN: OcelotGuardian
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
On August 21st, the Aurorlock base reopened for the Aurorlock Redemption Event. Players were able to explore the Aurorlock base and discover hidden information.

This is a list of important dialogue and item descriptions from the new Aurorlock base, as well as my analysis of the event.

Event Dialogue and Item Descriptions:

Memory Walker Quest Dialogue:

Memory Walker: A collection of Matt Griffiths’ memories, he’s opened the Memory Walker for everyone to see into his past.

Matt Griffiths: [Matt’s Memory of Hogsworth] Ah yes, my years at Hogsworth. I learned so much, but also witnessed so much destruction. During my time as a student, I watched in horror as the Dark Followers attacked the school, and with it, my friends and family. This was my first encounter with the Dark Followers, but it certainly wouldn’t be the last. This moment molded me into the person I am today, it sent me down a path that led me to join the Ministry of Magicians… even if it was during dubious times.

Matt Griffiths: [Matt’s Memory of the Ministry Test] After I graduated from Hogsworth, I set out to a name for myself. I quickly joined the ranks of the Aurorlocks, though that wasn’t an easy task. You see, in order to join, you had to take a grueling test, that challenged your core beliefs. It appears that in order to access my final memory, you’ll need to complete an excerpt from the test. Good luck.

Matt Griffiths: [Matt’s Memory of joining the Ministry] [Excerpt] When I joined the Ministry, I didn’t agree with everything they were doing. However, I made changes from the inside, and tried to stop the Ministry from becoming so corrupt. After Shakti’s death, many realized that the old ways, the corrupt ways, they weren’t working anymore. The Aurorlocks looked to me for guidance, and so after years of work, I was appointed Chief Aurorlock.

Matt Griffiths: [Before obtaining the missing file] Now, for the real reason you’re here. I seem to remember a file on Shakti that I lost shortly after being appointed.

Matt Griffiths: [After obtaining the missing file] [Excerpt] Ah there we are, that’s the file. Thanks for ensuring it stays safe. I never could figure out what it meant. Nevermind that, perhaps a mystery for another day.

Matt Griffiths: [End-of-quest dialogue] I hope you’re now able to see where I come from, and how my past will guide me in my position.

(Relevant) NPC Dialogue:

Rani Lightwood: [Excerpt] I work with our Chief to maintain order and peace throughout the Wizarding World.

Petunia Grace: [Excerpt] I’m glad the Chief Aurorlock pushed the Minister into helping us rebuild the Aurorlock Department, it’s much more friendly than the previous one.

Dan Wickerwood: [Excerpt] We Aurorlocks go through mandatory Dueling training every day at 10 am. The Chief makes sure that we’re ready for any situation.

Bob Marson: [Excerpt] Sometimes, if you’re really quiet, you can hear things beneath the floor. Water flowing and chains rattling… pretty scary.

Matt’s First Wand: A wand so simple yet so powerful, given to the boy which he shared so many memories with, was suddenly taken away from him in battle. Matt’s first wand was broken during attacks that surrounded the school: a Dark Follower must have stepped on it. They say he lost two of his best friends during these attacks…

Matt’s Second Wand: After witnessing the Dark Follower attacks, Matt bought himself a new wand. This one represented the House of the Cunning with a snake head as the handle.

Matt’s Third Wand: When Matt disarmed someone in battle, his opponent’s wand became loyal to no other than Matt himself. This unyielding wand that was made of walnut and dragon heartstring core, worked quite well for Matt. The wand seemed to be satisfied with it’s new owner.

Matt’s Fourth Wand: In his new stage of life as Chief Aurorlock, it was about time for a new wand and for Matt to forget about the past events of his life. It seems to have runes engraved on the wand saying (Bjorn). What could it mean?

Golden Cabinet: Inside the cabinet sits a small box, gifted to the Aurorlocks at the S.A.W.D Rally on the 29th of August, 2020. The outside is decorated with fine gold and jewels but its contents are unknown.

Bloody Handcuffs: A pair of blood-stained handcuffs lay at the floor of the prison cell. The blood still seems… fresh.

Loose Report [Joel]:
Name: Joel Hades -------
DoB: 13/10/--
Alias: The Dark Lord
Extra Info: Weakened mentally by the death of his mother. Registered Wolf Spider Transformo. Skilled duelist and apparitionist.

Loose Report [Sara]:
Name: Sara ------
DoB: 17/07/--
Alias: The Dark Mistress
Extra Info: Loyal to the Dark Lord. One of the only individuals Joel trusts. Skilled Divinator and Astronomer and Apparitionist.

Loose Report [Noah]:
Name: Noah Pendragon
DoB: 25/06/--
Alias: The Dark Baron
Extra Info: Loyal to the Dark Lord. One of the only individuals Joel trusts. Brother of the Lord of the Phoenixes. Has a blood pact but with whom is unknown; it is suspected that the blood pact is either with his brother or The Dark Mistress. Skilled Duelist and Apparitionist.

Office Drawer: In the drawer you find a bundle of work papers, a stationary set and a bundle of Vervain. Beside it sits a plant infusion set with a collection of small vials of cloudy white liquid.

Tattered Mask: Torn and discoloured from age, the mask gives off an eerie aura of discomfort and unease. It must’ve belonged to someone but to whom is unknown…

Telescope: Gazing into the telescope, you see a small red dot in the centre of the night sky. The planet Mars stands proud in the vast ocean of stars, its brightness slowly increasing as the sun begins to set and the Moon takes over.

Mysterious Papers:
Dear Shakti,
I frankly suggest that you hurry up! You’ve been in office for almost a week and my people are waiting for me to give them orders. Even if you were just to give me a sign, let me know that you’ve got things under control. Now write back to me or you’re on your own – no money for you!

The Life After (Page 209): [Summarized] Death is inevitable; humans have always been trying to find ways to avoid it through spiritual and supernatural means. It is unknown if reaching enlightenment allows a person to avoid death. This has caused many people to attempt to reach enlightenment.

The Life After (Page 210): [Summarized] It is impossible to become fully immortal using magic. A famous attempt at reaching immortality is by Tommy Riddle (Valdemar) using Soulshards.

The Life After (Page 211): [Summarized] Soulshards have many physical limitations, among other attempts to reach immortality. The best way (in the author’s opinion) is to use spiritual methods to become immortal – using magic to disconnect from the physical realm, thereby avoiding death.

Mysterious File [Quest item from the Memory Walker quest in Matt’s office]:
A payment of 100,000 gold has been deposited into your account.
Continue your fine work.
- ???

Aurorlock Eye [Reward from the Memory Walker quest in Matt’s office]: A mysterious eye used to reveal hidden messages.

Shakti’s Pendant: The inscription on the back reads: Eyes open, September…

Shakti’s Brouche: The inscription on the back reads: Eyes open, 9th…

Shakti’s Necklace: The inscription on the back reads: Eyes open, Daily Diviner…

Analysis:

Memory Walker Dialogue:

By opening up his Memory Walker to the public, Matt is being completely open to everyone about his past. This is to prove that he is not corrupt, unlike past Chief Aurorlocks and/or Ministry officials. Matt was traumatized by the Battle of Hogsworth – trauma shaping a character’s identity is a running theme (First Joel, and now Matt). This explains why Matt joined the Ministry – to fight against the Dark Followers. Matt wanted to prove himself, just like Joel. The Aurorlock test is corrupt: “You find a Dark Follower wanted for murder, but you’re off duty. What do you do? – Kill them on the spot, regardless of the law; Arrest them, and try to send them to the Dark Prison without a trial; Let them go, as it’s someone else’s job, you’re not on duty right now”. There is no “best answer” here. You have to choose between hypocriticism and corruption. There is also a question asking if you are willing to take a life if a situation gets out of hand. The tone of the test questions suggests that the Ministry wants you to pick “yes”. If you pass the test, you get a message saying that Shakti would have been impressed, implying that you are not corrupt like the Ministry. Somehow, Matt was able to pass this test. He may have chosen different answers than what he believed in to pass. If he answered honestly and chose the non-corrupt answers, the Ministry may have accepted him because they thought he was easy to manipulate. Matt wasn’t a blind follower – he recognized and fought against the corruption in the Ministry. The Aurorlocks are looking for change; they don’t want to be corrupt because the “old ways” don’t work anymore. Matt has been researching Shakti’s influence on the Aurorlocks and the Ministry – he had lost an important file and sent the player to find it. The file said that Shakti had been paid 100,000 gold for her “fine work”. At the end of the quest, Matt told the player that he hoped it helped the player understand him and how he plans to lead the Aurorlocks based on his past experiences.

(Relevant) NPC Dialogue:

According to Rani Lightwood, Matt is working to make the Wizarding World a better place.

Petunia Grace said that Matt seems to care for the other Aurorlocks. We also find out that the Minister is alive. We also see how the Minister was against reform of the Aurorlock department.

Dan Wickerwood would agree that Matt seems to care about the other Aurorlocks. He made dueling training mandatory to ensure that they stay safe.

Bob Marson implied that the Aurorlocks are unaware of the prison underneath the break room, although they knew something was there (they heard the chains). They wouldn’t have known about the prisoner trapped down there, either.

Item Descriptions:

Matt’s First Wand: Matt’s best friends were his wand and the boy who died in the Battle of Hogsworth.

Matt’s Third Wand: An innovator is a person who introduces new methods, ideas, or products. Matt is reforming the Aurorlock department (introducing a new method/idea). It’s no surprise that a walnut wand would bond strongly with Matt.

Properties of walnut wand wood - Often found in the hands of magical innovators and inventors. The walnut wand will, once subjugated, perform any task its owner desires, provided that the user is of sufficient brilliance.

Properties of a dragon heartstring wand core - Dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord.

Matt’s Fourth Wand: Bjorn translates to Bear. Bears symbolize wisdom, strength and healing that bring balance to seen and the unseen world.

Bloody Handcuffs: It is unclear whose blood is on the handcuffs. Whoever was in the prison was there recently, making the blood fresh. This person is either dead or has been moved to another location after their captor heard that the Aurorlock Offices were opening to the public.

Loose Report [Joel]: Hades, the Greek god of the underworld, associated with death, is Joel’s middle name. Joel’s transformo ability could be useful later.

Loose Report [Sara]: This report tells us that Joel is very selective about the people he trusts – he only fully trusts two people, one of them being Sara. We also learn that she is a skilled Divinator and Astronomer.

Loose Report [Noah]: Noah is the second person Joel fully trusts. He could have a blood pact with either Sara or Joshua.

Office Drawer [This was found in a room full of crystal balls]: Vervain helps make memories of prophecies/divination/astrology/astronomy work more vivid, which is useful if they are to be stored and looked back upon later. The white liquid in the bottles are memories (like how you pull them out of your head and can store them for later use in a pensive). It seems that the Ministry trying to see into the future.

Tattered Mask: This could be Joel’s old Dark Follower mask from when he was younger. It gives off an eerie aura of discomfort and unease – Joel could have felt this way while trying to prove himself to the other Dark Followers. These feelings imprinted onto the mask (not in a magical way, exactly, but like how holding a dead person’s things makes you feel creeped out).

Telescope: Mars is the Roman god of war. There will be conflict in the future.

Mysterious Papers: Shows corruption in the Ministry under Shakti’s rule – “Now write back to me or you’re on your own – no money for you!”

The Life After: Explains how using Soulshards to achieve immortality is unsuccessful and provides a possibly successful way to become immortal.

Mysterious File [Quest item from the Memory Walker quest in Matt’s office]: Shakti was paid 100,000 gold for her “fine work” – continuing the cycle of corruption in the Ministry. The Minister wrote and sent this letter to Shakti, proven by the Mysterious Papers.

Aurorlock Eye: Hidden messages discovered using this item are yet to be seen.

Shakti’s Items [Pendant, Brouche, and Necklace - obtained by trading in The Bhardwaj Crystal at Shakti’s Jewelry Box in a secret room in Matt’s office]: These items hinted at the secret message in the Daily Diviner on September 9th.

Matt confirmed that he was traumatized by the Battle of Hogsworth in his interview in Issue 19 of the Daily Diviner.

Shakti mentioned an unknown person referred to as “He” before she died. This is the same person paying her in the sewer note, as shown by the paper in Matt’s memories – “He” is the Minister.

The Loose Report on Joel confirms what I already know about him – his mother died, and Joel is still grieving.

The Loose Report on Sara supports my theory that Sara is a Seer – she is a skilled Divinator and Astronomer.

The Loose Report on Noah confirms a possible blood pact link to Sara. From what I could find, there is no strong evidence supporting a blood pact between Noah and Joshua.

Joel is afraid of death. The Life After excerpts weren’t there for no reason. I can’t exactly explain how I know this – I’ve sworn to secrecy. All I can say is that some of you will (hopefully) know what I mean. The excerpts are most likely hinting at a future event.

“You are not safe”

The article summarized the achievements of the Werewolf Rights Rally and interviewed Alexa, one of the werewolf representatives. However, there was a message hidden in the article, which spells out the hidden message shown above. This is a strange place for a code. The last time we saw a coded message, it was in the letters Noah sent while imprisoned in the old Aurorlock base.

Kade Everard, the author of the article, wrote the message into the article to warn the werewolves that these positive changes were not going to last.