DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bring back beds (block version) to the Mine Depot

Belle

Magician
Minecraft IGN: trashdotcom
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
After the Mine Depot update and the 3D models were released, the block version of beds (the ones you could lay in) were removed and replaced with the ones that can be placed in item frames. While these beds are very cool and offer many options, they take up a lot of space, cannot be lied down in, and are expensive when you include the cost of the item frame as well.

I propose that the old beds be returned to the Mine Depot, as well as keeping the newer (and cooler looking) beds. Many players use these old beds on their housings, such as in tight spaces (like building dorms or tents) and use the mechanics of lying down in bed for rp purposes (especially at housing). This is a problem that I have seen quite a few players mention lately, and I hope these old beds make a comeback :)

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I propose that the old beds be returned to the Mine Depot, as well as keeping the newer (and cooler looking) beds. Many players use these old beds on their housings, such as in tight spaces (like building dorms or tents) and use the mechanics of lying down in bed for rp purposes (especially at housing). This is a problem that I have seen quite a few players mention lately, and I hope these old beds make a comeback :)
There's something even better. Many CIT (Custom Item Texture) resource packs feature basic Minecraft beds but they add a customized bed frame through the use of an item frame. I'm sure it's possible to get something like this to PW.
- pay attention to the beds placed

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
YES PLEASE! It is very annoying to have some beds take up so much space and you glitch through them/can't see them all the time. This would help so much!

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there Belle,
thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!
I will now gain some more feedback from the other Poltergeists.
We will get back to you with an answer once we've reached a decision.

Have a wonderful day!

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there @Belle,
We've decided to accept this idea since we think that players would love it. The model of it is also not in a different use right now so we are bringing the normal beds back!
Have a wonderful day!

~Hektor

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello @Nyn,

As of now, we can not give you a solid answer to why - there could be many reasons to why; the bed models, used for different purposes (textures) or anything alike. But, like mentioned above, we have no certain reason on why they were removed.